Russ Brandon

bdelma

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sully_on_sp...on-unaccep.html

Brandon: Unacceptable

TORONTO -- I spoke with Russ Brandon, the Bills' COO, outside the locker room after Sunday's embarrassing, 16-3 loss to the Dolphins. Brandon had this to say about his team, which has now lost six or its last seven and has not scored a touchdown in its last two games:

""It's unacceptable,'' Brandon said. ""We obviously got out of the gate very well, and to go through where we are now is unacceptable to everyone in the organization. And we're very disappointed.''

I asked Brandon if the "unacceptable" characteriziation applied to his head coach, Dick Jauron, who is under fire these days.

""I think everybody should be under fire in the organization,'' Brandon said. "We've built this team to make a playoff run and to be in the position we're in right now is ... is not pleasing to anybody."

Brandon would not discuss Jauron's rumored contract extension. I asked Ralph Wilson if he could clear up the contract issue and he said he didn't want to talk about it. When I pressed him and asked if Jauron would definitely be his coach next season, he said, "I don't know."

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon: Unacceptable

TORONTO -- I spoke with Russ Brandon, the Bills' COO, outside the locker room after Sunday's embarrassing, 16-3 loss to the Dolphins. Brandon had this to say about his team, which has now lost six or its last seven and has not scored a touchdown in its last two games:

""It's unacceptable,'' Brandon said. ""We obviously got out of the gate very well, and to go through where we are now is unacceptable to everyone in the organization. And we're very disappointed.''

I asked Brandon if the "unacceptable" characteriziation applied to his head coach, Dick Jauron, who is under fire these days.

""I think everybody should be under fire in the organization,'' Brandon said. "We've built this team to make a playoff run and to be in the position we're in right now is ... is not pleasing to anybody."

Brandon would not discuss Jauron's rumored contract extension. I asked Ralph Wilson if he could clear up the contract issue and he said he didn't want to talk about it. When I pressed him and asked if Jauron would definitely be his coach next season, he said, "I don't know."

Well Mr. Brandon.........

Hey , umm your team has been unacceptable since 99.....

Uh, Russ if you think this team was "built to make a playoff run" you know less about football that I thought. We know you're good at marketing but if you think this team has talent to even make the playoffs you are naive or just moronic. :lol:

Uh, Russ if you think this team was "built to make a playoff run" you know less about football that I thought. We know you're good at marketing but if you think this team has talent to even make the playoffs you are naive or just moronic. :lol:

Not only will we miss the playoffs but we have gotten worse compared to the rest of the division

I disagree. The team has been built fine. A number of players however have not lived up to expectations and the coaching has been brutal under Jauron. I'm not saying a great coach could lead this line-up to 12-4, but with a little tinkering this team's core is not THAT bad. Unfortunately, Jauron is a !@#$ing tard and we won't figure it out until he's gone.

It's all fine and good to say it's unacceptable, but when will they F'n compete?! It's just.... so bad..... I don't even know what can be done. It's just so bad right now....

Lip Service.

Did you expect he could give a definitive time when the Bills would be good again? He was asked a question, and answered. What more, IN THAT SITUATION, would you have liked him to do?

Just because you are, rightfully, pissed off, doesn't mean you can't still be logical.

I disagree. The team has been built fine. A number of players however have not lived up to expectations and the coaching has been brutal under Jauron. I'm not saying a great coach could lead this line-up to 12-4, but with a little tinkering this team's core is not THAT bad. Unfortunately, Jauron is a !@#$ing tard and we won't figure it out until he's gone.

I see teams with less talent do better. I mean come on, from top to bottom the Dolphins are very comparable to Buffalo talent wise.

I see teams with less talent do better. I mean come on, from top to bottom the Dolphins are very comparable to Buffalo talent wise.

Honestly, I think the Bills have much more talent.

I hope this season has made Brandon realize that he's not ready to be a GM in this league. Tannenbaum, Parcells, and Pioli/Belichick run circles around him. I'm just surprised Russell actually spoke to the press.

IMO, Brandon can be elevated to President, taking the position from Ralphie. A condition of the title would be he must hire a real GM who handles all personnel moves. Brandon can play supervisor, but all football decisions are made by a GM with previous football executive experience.

The GM then hires a new coach, and will not be hamstrung by unrealistic pay limitations on who to hire.

The GM has final say on draft day and in UFA. He should get permission only to sign FA's and ensure to the owner that any players brought in to Buffalo are worth paying to play for the Bills.

Honestly, I think the Bills have much more talent.

Not where it counts. Pennington seems to be a favorite whipping boy, but in a dome or warm weather team he has adequate arm strength, and has led his team to the playoffs more than once. In a league dominated by poor QB-play, Pennington playing in Miami is arguably a top 10 QB.

Not where it counts. Pennington seems to be a favorite whipping boy, but in a dome or warm weather team he has adequate arm strength, and has led his team to the playoffs more than once. In a league dominated by poor QB-play, Pennington playing in Miami is arguably a top 10 QB.

Pennington sucks. Sorry. He will never win them a playoff game. It's not happening. Our QB's might be the worst in the league, but if Pennington didn't have the backfield he does, he would have lost that job like he did in NY.