Russ Brandon

bdelma

Well Mr. Brandon.........

Hey , umm your team has been unacceptable since 99.....

But this is his first year in charge. I like Brandon a lot. He had the Bills active in free agency, made a great trade for Stroud, didn't give into Peters, paid Evans for going about things the right way (now if we can figure out how to get him the ball), and tried to get Tony Gonzalez. I think he has done a great job for his first year and I feel confident that he will make some big changes this offseason.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Their talent isn't bad. They just don't have difference makers.

We have a 30 million dollar safety whose best attribute is his "leadership."

A 40 million dollar receiver that runs 2 patterns: fly and dig.

A first round running back that runs hard and tough, breaks tackles, but doesn't make many people miss and isn't much of a threat to go the distance.

A second round middle linebacker that is as average as they come (as of now). If the guy ever wanted to force a turnover, I wouldn't complain.

Ugh.

""I think everybody should be under fire in the organization,'' Brandon said. "We've built this team to make a playoff run and to be in the position we're in right now is ... is not pleasing to anybody."

Uh, Russ if you think this team was "built to make a playoff run" you know less about football that I thought. We know you're good at marketing but if you think this team has talent to even make the playoffs you are naive or just moronic. :lol:

Translation to what Brandon said, we got the talent, it's the coaching!

Thanks for summing up the true issue. Leadership amd football smarts at the top.

Wonde if money could drag Jimmy Johnson out of the Keys into cold weather?

That's avoids the issue. Polian never had to fire Marv, because BP had already stocked that team with more talent than at anytime in franchise history. Marv only had to keep the ship steady, which he did.

The point here is that a GM needs to run football operations. All good owners find football people, and give them the leeway to run football operations. They don't meddle and inhibit their football people from making football decisions.

Indianapolis has Polian

NY Giants have Jerry Reese

Atlanta has Dimitroff

Miami has Parcells/Ireland

New England has Pioli/Belichick

If more fans looked league wide to see what works, they'd realize this team's 59-82 record is the result of a bad GM (TD) and two guys who had no clue what they were doing (Marv and Russell)

I'd love to bestow praise on Marv, but his time as GM is quickly worsening despite having retired a year ago. The results of his decisions are being felt everyday, especially his uninspired pick of DJ and the joke coordinators he brought with him.

But this is his first year in charge. I like Brandon a lot. He had the Bills active in free agency, made a great trade for Stroud, didn't give into Peters, paid Evans for going about things the right way (now if we can figure out how to get him the ball), and tried to get Tony Gonzalez. I think he has done a great job for his first year and I feel confident that he will make some big changes this offseason.

Brandon is not experienced in handling player personnel. He knows nothing about the subject and is not qualified to be a General Manager.

If anyone thinks the Bills have a better front office than most teams, I'd love to hear why. The teams in the AFC East all have better executives. To think Miami went from 1-15 to 8-5 in one year should make fans wonder why we can't improve in three stinking years.

Jerry Sullivan said Russ Brandon looked like he wanted to cry after the game yesterday. He's responsible to market this team next year and while Ralph can make stupid comments like he normally does, Russ has the job of getting people to buy tickets. He knows it's going to be an uphill climb to get ticket sales to normal levels.

The Fish got lucky when the Jets released Pennington. You think the Fins will be with this record with a rookie QB ? I doubt it....Look at the fish, they have no play makers either. It is also a smoke-and-mirrors team waiting to be destroyed.

This all started with the Favre fiasco. Had he actually stayed retired, the Jets would be floundering with Kellen Clemens and/or Pennington and the Fish would be wondering whether or not John Beck or Chad Henne would be the starter from week to week. Amazing how much that trade affected our division....

The Jets are showing their true colors again today with 2 straight losses to teams that they should be beating.

Thank you.

The whole season started off on a wrong foot with the absence of Peters....Peters really screwed this team up by forcing the team to move Walker to LT during training camp...May be this is a mistake Jauron made...Rather than keeping Bell at the LT position and leaving Walker on the right side, may be he messed with the chemistry of the line.

Interesting point. I thought the OL was average to above average for the first few games, but that also may have been due to the competition (SEA, JAX, OAK, STL). Peters has gotten himself back to his usual level for the most part and amazingly enough, the running game got better once Brad Butler returned. Not sure if that's a coincidence or not.

The coaches have coached this team scared....When we need that extra 1st down against Cleveland, they chose to run the ball for 1 yard each...The same coaches choked against the 49ers playing at home....You cannot expect to lose 4 HOME games and go to the playoffs.

You hit the nail on the head. I'll take it to my grave....once Edwards turned the ball over a couple of times at Miami, the coaches started going ultra-conservative and Edwards lost his confidence - probably during the Jets game. Once that happened, the rest of the team started losing confidence in the coaching. The problem resulted in where the coaches were never able to turn the offense back around by taking away the conservative approach. That, my friends, is the downfall of the 2008 Buffalo Bills.

Without a nod from the owner, no.

Of course not. And I seriously doubt he has the power in Indy to fire Dungy. Blaming the GM for a coach's hiring is one thing. Blaming the GM for not firing the HC is usually a different story, in the NFL.