Willis has a BIG mouth

I don't have a problem starting WM over TH, but I do think either he or his agent are real schemers. First it's the "start me or trade me" BS, now he's telling the media he's the starter before the team makes it official. These are all bad signs if you ask me.

What's worse is Coach MM is doing political spin by naming both players starters. If I were MM, I would have publicly stated WM got it wrong and that TH would start, even if it meant TH would play one play and WM would gett he rest of the snaps. I would do that to make it clear who is in charge. Now WM knows that he can wrap Coach MM around his finger.

I don't like it one bit.

PTR

I don't have a problem starting WM over TH, but I do think either he or his agent are real schemers. First it's the "start me or trade me" BS, now he's telling the media he's the starter before the team makes it official.  These are all bad signs if you ask me.

What's worse is Coach MM is doing political spin by naming both players starters.  If I were MM, I would have publicly stated WM got it wrong and that TH would start, even if it meant TH would play one play and WM would gett he rest of the snaps.  I would do that to make it clear who is in charge.  Now WM knows that he can wrap Coach MM around his finger.

I don't like it one bit.

PTR

87724[/snapback]

indeed...that was the perfect time for MM to say...'whatcu talkin' bout willis' ?

I love it. I really do. We're 1-5. What's the worst it does?

The best it does? Lights a fire under some asses.

Keep it up Willis! ! !

87729[/snapback]

I agree there are larger problem on the Bills. I just think it sets a bad precedent. You're only opening yourself up for more crap in the future.

PTR

I agree there are larger problem on the Bills.  I just think it sets a bad precedent.  You're only opening yourself up for more crap in the future.

PTR

87765[/snapback]

Hence my "shuddup rook" thread earlier this AM.

As far as MM naming two starters, my immediate thought is TH is worth more as a "starter" in a potential trade in the offseason. I don't give a rats ass who they label "starter," I just see WM being able to do more to help the team right now, and that's really all I care about; Who can help us win? I hope WM gets 20 carries Sunday.

Hence my "shuddup rook" thread earlier this AM.

As far as MM naming two starters, my immediate thought is TH is worth more as a  "starter" in a potential trade in the offseason.  I don't give a rats ass who they label "starter," I just see WM being able to do more to help the team right now, and that's really all I care about;  Who can help us win?  I hope WM gets 20 carries Sunday.

87782[/snapback]

actually, so much focus is on this area that it clouds the other problems. To give an example, here in Tampa, Gruden made the unpopular decision to bench Brad Johnson and start Simms and later Greise. In both cases, Gruden has stated that those two quarterbacks gave his team a better chance to win because their style of play meshed better with the talent they had. Johnson is only two years removed as a SB winner and he is now third string. While i don't think Gruden is a great coach, he is decisive. This isn't to say that Bledsoe is the only or even the biggest problem, a change to see if someone else might accomplish more at any position is worth a shot.

There was another Buffalo Bill whose attitude stunk. The guy would always gripe about his contract, training camp and fan letters.

He wore 78 and always came to play. Who really cares what they're attitude is like just as long as it doesn't lead to locker room problems and they produce and they walk the walk on the field.

We need to win damn football games no matter the off field fiasco. Willis can talk the talk cause so far he is walkin the walk.

I don't have a problem starting WM over TH, but I do think either he or his agent are real schemers. First it's the "start me or trade me" BS, now he's telling the media he's the starter before the team makes it official.  These are all bad signs if you ask me.

What's worse is Coach MM is doing political spin by naming both players starters.  If I were MM, I would have publicly stated WM got it wrong and that TH would start, even if it meant TH would play one play and WM would gett he rest of the snaps.  I would do that to make it clear who is in charge.  Now WM knows that he can wrap Coach MM around his finger.

I don't like it one bit.

PTR

87724[/snapback]

Screw that!. Mularkey needs to quit pussyfooting around , show some sack and be forthright with the media. I'm sure Willis was told he'd start or was given some indication. Mularkey still hasn't found it in himself to break it to Travis or doesn't want to "embarrass" him. I'm losing faith in Mularkeys handling of these situations with each day. Quit trying to protect egos Mularkey! Willis did nothing wrong. Man, I can just hear Dickerson's response to this one. "No balls at all, no balls at all....Mularkey's got no...." B)

We need to win damn football games no matter the off field fiasco. Willis can talk the talk cause so far he is walkin the walk.

87858[/snapback]

He gotta start "walking the walk" in the first half, his 2.2ypc in the 1st half aint cutting it(and in the redzone)......

Thurman had a big mouth too.

If they produce, they can talk all they want.

87778[/snapback]

Exactly, Kelly, Thomas, B. Smith all had big mouths (especially early in their careers), but they all had the arses to cash the checks their mouths were issuing. If Willis can do the same, I'll be very happy. Enough of these quiet types, lets make some noise, show some confidence, and WIN SOME DARNED GAMES !!!!