Blackout in Rochester?

Drew026

Started thread bout this a few days ago about WNY as a whole...and I just posted this on that thread:

"Right here from the Toronto Star

If the game is not sold out in time [today at 4], it will be blacked out in the Buffalo and Toronto areas. The NFL's blackout policy states that a home game cannot be televised locally if it is not sold out within 72 hours before its scheduled start time.

How ridiculous is this? They say they only have 1,000 tickets left, but what?????

I'm sure some big wig or the Rogers Comm. will buy out the rest to avoid a fiasco, but really? This is crazy.

http://www.thestar.com/article/548162"

thread url: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...20&start=20

I overheard someone talking about it today in one of my classes but I haven't read about it anywhere. Is it true?

They'd be doing the people of Buffalo a favor by blacking the game out. It will save the entire city 3 hours of anger and frusteration.

It is still ridiculous. Toronto is still an hour and thirty minutes away. AND it is in another country. I'm not sure, but I would bet that if RWS doesn't sell out for a game and WNY is blacked out, Canadian cities still get the game because they don't have to deal with American television contracts/Direct TV/ect.

This is a complete slap in the face to Buffalo.

Still, it is probably a moot point because Rogers or the Bills or some corporate entity will probably buy up the rest of the tickets to avoid such a firestorm and embarrassment.

It is still ridiculous. Toronto is still an hour and thirty minutes away. AND it is in another country. I'm not sure, but I would bet that if RWS doesn't sell out for a game and WNY is blacked out, Canadian cities still get the game because they don't have to deal with American television contracts/Direct TV/ect.

This is a complete slap in the face to Buffalo.

Still, it is probably a moot point because Rogers or the Bills or some corporate entity will probably buy up the rest of the tickets to avoid such a firestorm and embarrassment.

That would be very impressive. :P

Started thread bout this a few days ago about WNY as a whole...and I just posted this on that thread:

"Right here from the Toronto Star

If the game is not sold out in time [today at 4], it will be blacked out in the Buffalo and Toronto areas. The NFL's blackout policy states that a home game cannot be televised locally if it is not sold out within 72 hours before its scheduled start time.

How ridiculous is this? They say they only have 1,000 tickets left, but what?????

I'm sure some big wig or the Rogers Comm. will buy out the rest to avoid a fiasco, but really? This is crazy.

http://www.thestar.com/article/548162"

thread url: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...20&start=20

That info is incorrect. The game will be televised in Buff and Roch even if nobody shows up to the game. It has already been "sold out" from the Bills perspective for many months. Not sure about how it will work in Toronto...

That info is incorrect. The game will be televised in Buff and Roch even if nobody shows up to the game. It has already been "sold out" from the Bills perspective for many months. Not sure about how it will work in Toronto...

LOL Toronto is a joke - it's already an embarrassment. This will be THE SMALLEST CROWD to watch an NFL game ALL YEAR!!!! What a complete and utter joke this whole project has been. I guess we know Toronto WILL NEVER get an NFL team.

Is it though? I understand the logic that Rogers Co "bought" all the seats, and now theyre just reselling them. But where have you read this, where is the proof? This toronto article is the only proof I've seen anywhere about a blackout situation,

While those in the journalistic field obviously do not have a monopoly on the truth and facts (especially a Toronto paper which probably doesnt understand the intricacies of the NFL blackout rules), it is still a better source than yourself.

No offense, I just wanna see proof one way or the other that future TO games won't be blacked out if they dont sell.

EDIT:

I am inclined to believe that this reporter is wrong because I haven't seen it reported whatsoever in any Buffalo paper or news source...but its not like they havent dropped the ball before so I dont know.

Is it though? I understand the logic that Rogers Co "bought" all the seats, and now theyre just reselling them. But where have you read this, where is the proof? This toronto article is the only proof I've seen anywhere about a blackout situation,

While those in the journalistic field obviously do not have a monopoly on the truth and facts (especially a Toronto paper which probably doesnt understand the intricacies of the NFL blackout rules), it is still a better source than yourself.

No offense, I just wanna see proof one way or the other that future TO games won't be blacked out if they dont sell.

EDIT:

I am inclined to believe that this reporter is wrong because I haven't seen it reported whatsoever in any Buffalo paper or news source...but its not like they havent dropped the ball before so I dont know.

Sorry for not sighting a source, but I believe Chris Brown covered it somewhere in his archives a while back. WGR has also mentioned it on the air.

Bills-Dolphins sold out

The Buffalo Bills announced today that the game between the Bills and the Miami Dolphins on Sunday at the Rogers Centre in Toronto is sold out and will be televised in Western New York on Channel 4.

The Bills-Dolphins game will be the first NFL regular season game played in Canada and the fourth regular season game played outside the United States.

Visiting team returns and premium seats remain available. To purchase them stop at Rogers Centre Box Office (Gate 7) or contact Ticketmaster.

Link...