DICK Doesnt believe in practicing out doors WHAT!!???

Poeticlaw

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dearest k-9:

Simply getting used to the added sting of hitting in the cold takes time.

No I’m not a pro athlete but I’ve played a lot of football in the cold and getting hit in the cold hurts at least twice as bad, and that is something you never acclimate to, but you can learn how to play in the cold to avoid bare skin hits and learn what gear works to give you the best protection from the cold, hits, and excess sweating.

That being said Trent needs to wear gloves and learn how to throw in them.

Dick holds practices indoors to make sure the players are correctly learning and implimenting the gameplan.

While this is an importiant part of practice, it would not kill the team to practice out doors once a week prior to home/cold weather games.

It's like Wade with the headset. It wouldn't have killed him to just put the headset on. Wade just wanted to be right.

There is no reason the Bills could not hold practice outside today. Dick just wants to be right.

I'm asking this question only because I don't know the answer. Do the Packers, Bears, Jets, Giants, Browns, etc. practice outside in the winter. If so, then what Jauron does as far as practicing is wrong. If not, it's a moot point. Also, I don't think the weather affected the game at all.

"But Cassel, who is from Northridge, Calif., and played at Southern Cal, said yesterday that the Patriots would be fine in those conditions because the team practices in cold and wet New England fall weather."

The Patriots practice outside, the Jets practice outside, I dont have tim to look for it but Pitt practice outside in prep for the game against NE.

The point is you have indoors/outdoor facilities The whole week of practices do not need to be inside this team is a cold weather team that plays like a dome team and gives up their home field advantage becuase they have none. The pats practice both in and out doors the pats are the best in our division that means in the final game of the season they will be more prepared than us to play in our elements of our stadium better than we are. Thats Pathetic.

Someone else mentioned it was marvs philosphy to playindoors Im not sure about that but if you Look back to the marv Era The Players looked warm on the sidlines with no jackets on and members of opposing temas would get psyched out because they wer elike wow look at them this frigid weather doesnt effect them. THats home field advantage and the only game we lost in January in Buffalo was because it was something like 60 degrees for Jax that day. The boys we have now look like they are freezing and cant get enough clothing on to stay warm. PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!

Why should Jauron ask them to practice outdoors? The team isn't built for being tough, nor playing grind it out football in the elements. A list of the Bills 1st draft choices since 2003:

2003) Willis MaGahee RB/Round 1 #23

Southern kid who was all banged up anyway and couldn't practice.

2004) Lee Evans WR/Round 1 #13

Good, but small wideout. Also selected in Round 1 was Losman, a Southern cal. kid via Tulane.

2005) Roscoe Parris WR/Round 2 #23

A tiny little return man from Florida, who rumor says saw snow, and ran back into his apartment. I don't know if that is a true story, but it is one that I treasure. What images!!!

2006) Donte Whitner S/Round 1 #8

A small safety? Yes, but out of the entire list, he would be the most prepared for some bad weather. Also selected in round 1 was Mccargo, who is not prepared to practice, let alone play under any circumstances.

2007) Marshawn Lynch RB/Round 1 #12

A Southern California tough guy. He too could use some practice in the elements. As much as I like him, he drops way too many passes.

2008) Leodis McKelvin CB/# 11

Yet another Jauron db. I like him too, but tough guy? Not by NFL standards. It would seem to me that a guy who catches kickoffs would benefit by catching them in the strong winds while at practice. Then again, I didn't attend Yale.

In summary, nothing new to report. The Bills play in a tough climate before rabid blue collar fans, and they were built as if they were a dome team. They hold their practices accordingly. Even dome teams need to block and tackle, but why quibble over small stuff?

Why should Jauron ask them to practice outdoors? The team isn't built for being tough, nor playing grind it out football in the elements. A list of the Bills 1st draft choices since 2003:

Good, but small wideout. Also selected in Round 1 was Losman, a Southern cal. kid via Tulane.

A tiny little return man from Florida, who rumor says saw snow, and ran back into his apartment. I don't know if that is a true story, but it is one that I treasure. What images!!!

A small safety? Yes, but out of the entire list, he would be the most prepared for some bad weather. Also selected in round 1 was Mccargo, who is not prepared to practice, let alone play under any circumstances.

A Southern California tough guy. He too could use some practice in the elements. As much as I like him, he drops way too many passes.

Yet another Jauron db. I like him too, but tough guy? Not by NFL standards. It would seem to me that a guy who catches kickoffs would benefit by catching them in the strong winds while at practice. Then again, I didn't attend Yale.

In summary, nothing new to report. The Bills play in a tough climate before rabid blue collar fans, and they were built as if they were a dome team. They hold their practices accordingly. Even dome teams need to block and tackle, but why quibble over small stuff?

I think you are being sarcastic more than realistic, clearly being from the south is no reason for you not to be drafted by a team from the frozen tundra of Upstate NY. Though to be fair, you left out Edwards, who is probably the only legitimate question in terms of durability in poor weather conditions.

I guess no one would be laughing now if I broke out another Trent Edwards should stick around Buffalo to get acclimated to the cold weather post just like I did last year after he took off to California till March 08. Dick IS an idiot head coach and Trent IS a wussy QB. Yes, I was wrong on Losman, but I was right on those other two knuckleheads. So do the fans here still think that it wasn't a big deal that Trent left Buffalo for Cali to get away from the "scary" Buffalo winter weather?

Both Dick and Trent deserve much of the ripping they are currently getting. Maybe if they had realized that it might have been a good idea to get used to playing outdoors in Buffalo, NY because their home stadium doesn't have a damn roof, they wouldn't have found themselves in such a precarious position now.

I think you are being sarcastic more than realistic, clearly being from the south is no reason for you not to be drafted by a team from the frozen tundra of Upstate NY. Though to be fair, you left out Edwards, who is probably the only legitimate question in terms of durability in poor weather conditions.

No, I was trying to be objective. :devil:

I left out Edwards because I focused on first draft selections (Parrish) and first round picks. Levy/Jauron lucked into Edwards. If they really wanted him, the would have taken him earlier instead of trading away a pick to move up.

I guess no one would be laughing now if I broke out another Trent Edwards should stick around Buffalo to get acclimated to the cold weather post just like I did last year after he took off to California till March 08. Dick IS an idiot head coach and Trent IS a wussy QB. Yes, I was wrong on Losman, but I was right on those other two knuckleheads. So do the fans here still think that it wasn't a big deal that Trent left Buffalo for Cali to get away from the "scary" Buffalo winter weather?

Both Dick and Trent deserve much of the ripping they are currently getting. Maybe if they had realized that it might have been a good idea to get used to playing outdoors in Buffalo, NY because their home stadium doesn't have a damn roof, they wouldn't have found themselves in such a precarious position now.

:devil: I would. What a player does in the offseason is his own business. Living in Buffalo in March isn't going to help him throw a football better in December.

I hope this is sarcasm too.... Otherwise it's going a little off the edge.

Evans and Lynch are 2 of our players that seem to have very little trouble playing in the cold weather.

Playing in Wisconsin helped Lee for sure and Lynch just doesn't seem to mind wherever he plays. You can't get on Lynch too hard for dropping a couple balls when a- He was going to get leveled for no gain anyway on the drops this past game (beleive it, I saw the 2 defenders closing in), and b- Lynch was able to catch some of the most horrific dump off passes I've ever seen in that Cleveland game.

Marshawn is actually from northern CA, the Bay area, Oakland. McKelvin is from Georgia. Not that anyone sees blizzards in those parts.

Maybe Jauron could just hold virtual practices, where players go online and exchange discussion board responses to coaches questions about their weekly assignments and game plans. This way, they won't needlessly risk injury driving to the stadium in poor weather, and will be able to concentrate on their responsibilities instead of getting caught up in the foolish horseplay and shennanigans that can easily disrupt the live practice environment.

:devil: I would. What a player does in the offseason is his own business. Living in Buffalo in March isn't going to help him throw a football better in December.

Edwards looks just as sh_tty in bad weather as he did last year. It's so freaking hilarious.

I hope this is sarcasm too.... Otherwise it's going a little off the edge.

Evans and Lynch are 2 of our players that seem to have very little trouble playing in the cold weather.

Playing in Wisconsin helped Lee for sure and Lynch just doesn't seem to mind wherever he plays. You can't get on Lynch too hard for dropping a couple balls when a- He was going to get leveled for no gain anyway on the drops this past game (beleive it, I saw the 2 defenders closing in), and b- Lynch was able to catch some of the most horrific dump off passes I've ever seen in that Cleveland game.

Lynch and Jackson both have dropped screen passes that would have been TDs this year. I don't think he is a bad player. In fact, I am thrilled by his efforts. I am suggesting that practice in the elements might improve his already good game.

I know that Evans played in the cold, and I also think he is a player. Good thing they re-signed him. You know....the whole deal. He is still small, and the Bills are built primarily upon small players. Many (not necessarily LE) are unsuited for this climate. As for LE, Wisconsin was a long time ago. Practice in the wind wouldn't hurt him either.

Maybe Jauron could just hold virtual practices, where players go online and exchange discussion board responses to coaches questions about their weekly assignments and game plans. This way, they won't needlessly risk injury driving to the stadium in poor weather, and will be able to concentrate on their responsibilities instead of getting caught up in the foolish horseplay and shennanigans that can easily disrupt the live practice environment.

:devil::lol::unsure: