Lee Evans Calls out OC play-calling...

Heels20X6

Coaching? You mean we dont just draw play up in the dirt? Interesting....

It is starting to make sense to me:

Every week, Jauron and company gather together to draw up plays--really great plays, there is no doubt--in the dirt, only to discover that they play on artificial turf.

No wonder we can't adjust.

kj

Turk proved to ME that he was by far NOT the right guy for the job the minute he admitted publicly that he was clueless as to the advantage that exists from coaching from the Press Box. The fact that he had to call people and ask whether they thought the !@#$ling VIEW was better from up there said it all for me. Another Jauron flunkie masquerading as a coach, once again allowed to slip through the cracks by a senile owner and his equally incompetent staff.

One thing's for sure. The Bills, in the future, when hiring a guy for their OC position, might wanna add a question in their official interview to the effect of, "Hey, you know where the Press Box is, there, genius?"

I feel bad for Lee Evans for signing that contract extension, he deserves so much better then the Bills. Just another great player going down the crapper as they play their career under Ralph Wilson & the Buffalo Bills.

see Eric Moulds. I agree.

If I was Lee I'd shut my mouth. He might get his wish and be on another team.

Lee should be a mushroom cloud laying mother :huh: . He needs to be a race car on RED. He just made a commitment to this team for 5 years. If Lee didn't want to be here he wouldn't after this season. He wants this team to be a winner and it should infuriate him to lose. He is not Chad Johnson or TO, He's not just bitching to get on camera and I think the coaches will recognize that. They need to or they will lose this team even more then they have. LE needs to be giving the staff hell and they need to man up and take it. I was all for the Jauron extension but I'm seriously tired of this p**y sh-- way of coaching.

I believe we passed about 37 times (maybe more b/c I dont believe that includes the times JP got sacked) and we can the ball 16 times. Isnt that a completely absurd percentage.. Especially in those conditions with your back up playing 50% of the game. I did disagree with three runs in a row a the end of the Browns game.. One of thsoe should have been a pass.. But Turk is WAY too pass happy

38 passes, 25 rushes...at 5.3 yards a carry.

But the Niners ranked about 28th in the league in pass defense, and about 15th in run defense...so clearly, passing was the way to go. Never mind that your starting running back is gaining 8.4 yards per carry. :huh:

But the Niners ranked about 28th in the league in pass defense, and about 15th in run defense...so clearly, passing was the way to go. Never mind that your starting running back is gaining 8.4 yards per carry. <_<

And if your backup QB doesn't look comfortable in the pocket, why not do rollouts when your passing,but I do agree they should've run the ball more in the fourth qrt.Keep defense guesting.

My problems with the play-calling were not giving it to Marshawn at the goalline and going for the 4th down in the 4th quarter instead of taking a shot at a field goal. I know Lindell missed 2 yesterday, but at that point, he had only missed one and that shows the lack of confidence in your kicker from Jauron. Also lack of confidence in Marshawn in goalline situations when he had one of his best days of the season.

I've stuck up for Jauron thus far, but I'm starting to wane...

I probably haven't had as many problems witth the play calling as some, but that 4th down was just awful. I don't know if the blame goes to Schonert or Losman, but you absolutlely have to have a quicker play than that. IMO, it looked like JP was more worried about getting a td, rather than a first down, and held on to the ball way too long...all in all, one of the wost offensive performances I have seen in some time, which is saying something....very sad day.

I think it is the first time I ever gave any serious thought to blowing off the rest of the season...I quickly changed my mind, but for an instance, I was thinking to myself, "what joy does this team bring to my life?"...and I was having a hard time coming up with much...any joy is followed by a two fold slap back to reality...at this point, I don't even know how I feel about blowing the whole thing up. On the one hand, I am frustrated as hell with watching these guys squander one season after another away...on the other, I think, "jeez..not another tear down and rebuilding..." Even if Ralph cans Jauron, given his (Wilsons) miserable track record, there is absolutely no reason to think a change will be a good, but only just another change. Ralph hasn't shown any penchant for making wise decisions when it comes to front office and coaches. The whole Marv Levy/Dick Jauron thing looks worse by the week. And to make things worse, particuarly given Ralphs' frugalness, we are stuck with the core of this team for a few more years.

I keep seeing people say that "this team has the talent to win" but is lacking a the right coach. I am not so sure. We have some good pieces to be sure (Lynch, Evans, maybe Peters), but I would hazard to guess that at least half of our 22 starters wouldn't challange for a starting job on the top 16 teams in the leauge...the depth is even worse...maybe that is a function of coaching. Jauron just doesn't seem to inspire greatness in his players...the level of greatness of this team seems tempered by inevitable failure, and Jauron just isn't helping in this area. I was a big Jauron fan, and I always thought that coaching in Buffalo, with a frugal owner, would be perfect for him. The expectations would be realistic, and I thought he, and the staff he built would gradually build a tough minded team...I am not seeing it. I am seeing instead, a very soft team, that seems to melt at the first sign of adversity. And, the last few weeks, they seem to have become as adept at making excuses for their poor play, as they are at playing the game. Whatever lightening in a bottle they had those first four games seems to have long burned out. <_<

See: Moulds, Eric. By the time Lee can leave Buffalo, he'll be past his prime and only a team like Houston will take him on.

I feel bad for the players on this team. They try hard but are under-prepared and ill-prepared by the coaching staff. Now they are starting to figure it out that the coaching is letting them down.

Don't put all the blame on the coaching staff, these players aren't playing that hard, or you would see more heart and tougher play on the field.

Coaching has been to blame, but the blame is about the same for the players who don't seem to care about winning or losing, unless they are infront of the camera where they can feed the media and all of us the standard lines about how they just didn't execute today.

Trent let a pulled groin muscle take him out of a game, how many other QB's around the league this year have you seen leave a game with an injury like that without putting up a fight?

Lee should be a mushroom cloud laying mother <_< . He needs to be a race car on RED. He just made a commitment to this team for 5 years. If Lee didn't want to be here he wouldn't after this season. He wants this team to be a winner and it should infuriate him to lose. He is not Chad Johnson or TO, He's not just bitching to get on camera and I think the coaches will recognize that. They need to or they will lose this team even more then they have. LE needs to be giving the staff hell and they need to man up and take it. I was all for the Jauron extension but I'm seriously tired of this p**y sh-- way of coaching.

You mean, a veteran player should stand up in the locker room and take control of things, sort of take a leadership role with the offence????? But then wouldn't he be considered a malcontent and a lockerroom cancer for speaking up in the lockerroom?

Don't put all the blame on the coaching staff, these players aren't playing that hard, or you would see more heart and tougher play on the field.

That is so wrong. That is very difference between good and bad coaches. Good coaches are able to get the players to believe in the system, and go out on the field to give their all.

When players stop buying into the system, and just start going through the motions, that is a sure sign the coaches have lost the team. The coaching staff is toast.

Coaching has been to blame, but the blame is about the same for the players who don't seem to care about winning or losing, unless they are infront of the camera where they can feed the media and all of us the standard lines about how they just didn't execute today.

Trent let a pulled groin muscle take him out of a game, how many other QB's around the league this year have you seen leave a game with an injury like that without putting up a fight?

Again, good coaches inspire players to exceed their expectations, and to raise their level of play.

That is so wrong. That is very difference between good and bad coaches. Good coaches are able to get the players to believe in the system, and go out on the field to give their all.

Joe Delamiellure, who kind of annoys me, but I kind of like at the same time, needs to have a job on the Bills coaching staff. Twenty-five years after he has quit playing, he still sounds pissed when this team loses...and I think he has just a tad of resentment toward the modern players...

When players stop buying into the system, and just start going through the motions, that is a sure sign the coaches have lost the team. The coaching staff is toast.

I am not sure that the players are "going through the motions" just yet, but a lot of the complaining and whining I am hearing out of the Bills players tells me that this will be coming shortly...I think Jauron is losing this team...they may personally like him, but, the fact that there are so many passive agressive shots at the OC and the play calling, tell me that, unless he steps in (if it is not already too late) it is only a matter of time.

Again, good coaches inspire players to exceed their expectations, and to raise their level of play.

That is the problem with Jauron in a nutshell. He inspires his players to play to their abilities, not above them. He coaches like he is scared to take the chances it would take to exceed abilitiy, so his players just do the bare minimum. He doesn't inspire anything. And, for all of his Yale education, does he sound smart to you? To me, he sounds kind of stupid, and you have to wonder if he believes the crap he is saying...I don't think that could be lost on all of his players...

I

But the Niners ranked about 28th in the league in pass defense, and about 15th in run defense...so clearly, passing was the way to go. Never mind that your starting running back is gaining 8.4 yards per carry. :devil:

You are expecting on the fly adjustments? :unsure: Changes to the game plan?

The plan was to attack the 49ers soft pass D and Turk was a man, he stuck with it. Never mind the fact that the 49ers were smart enough to watch tapes of the Bills offense. The way to beat this team is to drop 7-8 all the time. Until Edwards & Turk show that they can consistently beat coverage that's what they will continue to see. The fact that I understand this & the Bills coaches do not is disconcerting.

So I guess last year then Jauron was a good coach, able to get so many scrubs and backups to get onto the field and play hard, and now this year he sucks.

I never said not to blame the coaching staff, my point is that the blame needs to be spread evenly around between the players and the coaches. These players are proffesionals and have been playing the game their entire life, they shouldn't need a coach to sit there and make the players play hard, they should be doing that on their own because they want to win.

I too believe that Turk's offense is too pass happy in many situations. However, say what you want about Schonert, there are still WRs runnin around open in the secondary and we dont seem to have a QB that can get them the ball.

WRs open? It sure didn't seem that way if you were listening to Mark Kelso on the radio, and Kelso is an expert on the secondary. Over and over he was saying "Nobody was open, so ..."