Fred Jackson

generaLee83

Not sure if this is a valid source or not:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2008/con...ear_players.cfm

Is this team going to re-sign Jackson and how much is it going to cost?

He certainly deserves to get paid, I just hope he's in a Buffalo uniform as I believe him to be the best player on offense right now.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that he will be a UFA. If he is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, or a RFA, my feeling is that they can tender him an offer whereas if another team signed him, they would have to cough up an early round draft pick; not too sure of the exact formula.

Don't take this the wrong way; I would love to see them keep him, but if we were to lose him and gain a 1st or even a 2nd round pick, I would get over it pretty fast.

I'm just sayin'...........

What Bill from NYC said. I would offer him something like 4 years 12 Million and see what happens. If some team wants to better that offer and send us a high pick that's fine with me too.

You don't need to offer a RFA that kind of deal. You tender a 1 year offer so if he signs elsewhere the Bills get picks in return based on the money offered.

2008 numbers (will increase for 2009)

Tender amount Compensation required

$2.562 million First- and third-round

$2.017 million First-round

$1.417 million Second-round

$927,000 Determined by RFA's original draft status

Teams always have the right to match the offer. If they decline, they get compensation.

---------------------------------------------

as jackson was a undrafted signee, it won't be at the lowest level......second rounder is logical, but they might bump him up to the first round tender just to be careful

2008 numbers (will increase for 2009)

Tender amount Compensation required

$2.562 million First- and third-round

$2.017 million First-round

$1.417 million Second-round

$927,000 Determined by RFA's original draft status (see below)

---------------------------------------------

as jackson was a undrafted signee, it won't be at the lowest level......second rounder is logical, but they might bump him up to the first round tender just to be careful

Now it is coming back to me. Thanks.

Would the Bills get 7 days to match an offer? If so, they are a couple of ways Jauron could screw it up. He could:

1) Set the offer too low and get nothing.

2) Make the offer that would require big compensation, and then match an offer by another team.

3) Accept a 1st round pick as compensation and use it on a defensive back.

Does that cover all the bases?

Fred I think is an ERFA - so he can either re-sign with us, or no one. At 27, we can use this as an opportunity to effectively lock him up for his career (or at least until a shade after 30) or a year and then tender him as a RFA.

Then you just have to wait a year Bill to see if they use a pick they may get from him on a db.

Jackson will be a RFA. But I doubt anyone considers him worthy of a 2nd rounder, much less a 1st rounder. So I'm betting the Bills offer him a contract and if he refuses, tenders him at the lowest level. Then they match any offer.

He will be a 1st or 2nd round tender and I expect some teams, possibly including the Pats, to come after him hard.

He'll re-sign here in Buffalo. Loves the city, feels he "owes" it to the franchise for giving him the opportunity and he is really, really good friends with Marshawn to the point they consider themselves brothers (not "bruthas").

You just can't break up the Beast Brothers! You just can't!

to the point they consider themselves brothers (not "bruthas").

?

Anyway, I think that Fred Jackson is not really a hot commodity around the league, just a guy who's popular with the hometown fans. He'll get a great contract for a guy who was playing in what, the AMerican Indoor Football League? at a million or two a year, and play with us for four more seasons.

He is a RFA. Bills will tender a contract and teams will have to give up picks to get him.

If he's an ERFA it's a moot point.

Now it is coming back to me. Thanks.

Would the Bills get 7 days to match an offer? If so, they are a couple of ways Jauron could screw it up. He could:

1) Set the offer too low and get nothing.

2) Make the offer that would require big compensation, and then match an offer by another team.

3) Accept a 1st round pick as compensation and use it on a defensive back.

Does that cover all the bases?

Do you know who Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf are?