Ralph Wilson is Number Two...

VJ91

1) Green Bay Packers, Inc. Green Bay Packers - 1923 - Present

2) Ralph Wilson - Buffalo Bills - 1960 - Present

3) Bud Adams - Houston Oilers / Tenessee Titans - 1960 - Present

We take Ralph for granted in Buffalo, but with all the franchise moves and new owernship groups. and the passing away of some long time owners recently, Wilson has now moved up to number two in longest owership of an NFL franchise in one city. Bud Adams has owned his franchise just as long, but moving Houston to Nashville knocks him out of his tie wilh Wilson. Of course Al Davis has been around Oakland since 1960, but he was not their original owner (Wayne Valley was), plus he moved the franchise to L.A. & back after he became majority owner anyway.

So it's the publically owned Packers, and Ralph. Pretty amazing when you think about it. Long live Ralph Wilson.

We take Ralph for granted in Buffalo, but with all the franchise moves and new owernship groups. and the passing away of some long time owners recently, Wilson has now moved up to number two in longest owership of an NFL franchise in one city. Bud Adams has owned his franchise just as long, but moving Houston to Nashville knocks him out of his tie wilh Wilson. Of course Al Davis has been around Oakland since 1960, but he was not their original owner (Wayne Valley was), plus he moved the franchise to L.A. & back after he became majority owner anyway.

So it's the publically owned Packers, and Ralph. Pretty amazing when you think about it. Long live Ralph Wilson.

I think Ralph has been good to WNY .... he could have run long ago. I give him alot of credit for not doing it.

Theres a bottom line somewhere - he didnt get rich by being sentimental- but I agree- look at some of the crap other owners have done-see Bal. Colts history.

Yeah and Art Modell. Why that jacka$$ keeps getting nominated for the HOF, I will never understand. It really would be a big slap in the face to football fans everywhere if Modell ever gets in the HOF.

Finally, a sane post about Ralph! <_<

48 years of mostly torture...thanks ralph

Ralph Wilson is a man that any true Bills fan owes a great debt of gratitude. He is an old fashioned man of honor. He very easily could've deserted a dying city for greener monetary pastures but didn't. I am proud to call myself a Bills fan because of the character of this man. Has he been a perfect owner and made all the right choices? Of course not. But he has displayed a degree of loyalty to the city of Buffalo that is extremely rare in this day and age where most businesspeople will compromise ethics for a quick buck. Look at our country right now and the corporate greed that permeates the CEO's of major corporations.

While the Bills continue to break my heart, I will always be thankful to Ralph Wilson for keeping my hometown team where they belong. God Bless him and may he continue to grace the earth for many more years. Because, once he passes, we all know what that means.

Ralph Wilson is a man that any true Bills fan owes a great debt of gratitude. He is an old fashioned man of honor. He very easily could've deserted a dying city for greener monetary pastures but didn't. I am proud to call myself a Bills fan because of the character of this man. Has he been a perfect owner and made all the right choices? Of course not. But he has displayed a degree of loyalty to the city of Buffalo that is extremely rare in this day and age where most businesspeople will compromise ethics for a quick buck. Look at our country right now and the corporate greed that permeates the CEO's of major corporations.

While the Bills continue to break my heart, I will always be thankful to Ralph Wilson for keeping my hometown team where they belong. God Bless him and may he continue to grace the earth for many more years. Because, once he passes, we all know what that means.

Good post. Too bad most citizens in this country don't treat others with the same "honor." Most worry about what others are getting, begrudge their fellow workers for what they get... Basically looking out for thier geener pastures.

It always amazes me how we want everybody to support our country when we are slowly eating ourselves from the inside out.

Many can learn about honor from a man like Ralph from the very first post war company to leave for greener pastures (Curtis) to myself having left to find employment.

Thanks... Again... A good post!

I need to correct my last post. I forgot he won S.B. with Ravens. But this is from wikipedia " To this day, he is considered to be the most hated man in Cleveland and has not returned to the city since 1996. For example, when his longtime friend, Browns kicking legend Lou "The Toe" Groza, died in 2000, Modell didn't feel safe attending the funeral." Is this worth a ring?