YES WE WON - but why is everyone talking playoffs still

Poeticlaw

What did we take form this game that made us think there is a glimpse of hope for the playoffs?

Were they a good team we pounced all over? No a team with only one win this season

Was it a great offense we went up against? NO but yet they put up 462 yards- what is up with that?

Was it a great QB or a good QB at that we went up against? No a second year QB who had 3 turnovers

Were we effecient against their stout defense on third downs? 29% I wouldnt call that effeicent on 14 attempts and we were 2-4 on 4th downs.

yes we scored the most points than we have in a very long time, but please it was the KC Chiefs one of the worse teams in the NFL, sorry for being cynical or pesstimistic I like to call it being a realist the remaing schedule does not look that bright and a better team with a better QB would not have given this game away to us. IT reminds me a liitle bit of when we played against TB when RJ was starting and we had over 400 yds of offense and TB had under 300 and we lost that game. We still were not good enough to win and I still dont think we are. SHow me a win against Denver, Mia, JETS and NE then I will get excited because then we should be in the playoffs until that point no reason to get excited yet. One more loss seals the playoff coffin. My apologies to all you BILLIEVERS I will eat crow if they do but I just dont see it happening.

The chiefs have not lost due to their offence, their young qb has proven to be a pretty effective passer thus far

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The win provides hope....isn't that what being a Bills fan is all about?

Playoffs? That's still a long ways off. They still have a quarter of season to go....which is a good thing.

They just need to come out and try to get a win next week...build up some momentum.

I'll enjoy this win and hope that they'll keep it going.

Exactly. Without hope, why watch the games? Realistically, yes, I think the Bills are a long shot at best to get into the playoffs. But, I try to enjoy every win and hope beyond hope that a dozen different scenarios break our way so that we somehow make the playoffs and get to play another week.

The win provides hope....isn't that what being a Bills fan is all about?

Playoffs? That's still a long ways off. They still have a quarter of season to go....which is a good thing.

They just need to come out and try to get a win next week...build up some momentum.

I'll enjoy this win and hope that they'll keep it going.

Exactly. If you don't keep hope alive week in week out with this team, what is the point of following them closely enough to write in a forum? We play our 12th game this weekend with playoffs still a possibility. I'm not running to Vegas to put the rent money on it, but instead trying to enjoy one game at a time as deep in the season as we can go. When we finally make it back to the playoffs (this year or in the future) I will enjoy one playoff game at a time as deep in the playoffs as we can go. When we finally win a Super Bowl, then I will be really happy :).

The Cleveland loss really got me down a little, and made the playoff picture that much harder, but right now we have a winnable SF game that can put us at 7-5 and keep our hopes alive another week. Then we have a winnable Dolphins game that can put us at 8-5 and keep our hopes alive another week. Winning two of three at the Jets at the Broncos, and at home against the Pats isn't very likely, and 9-7 will not make the playoffs with three 7-4 teams ahead of us, but I'm not worried about those games yet. I'm excited about the 49ers and a shot at 7-5.

I stick with my overall assessment I had at 0-0, 4-0, and 5-5 that this team is a 9-7 team, and anything better than that is good luck and overachievment, anything less than that is bad luck and underachievement, and 9-7 doesn't get you in the playoffs. My hope is in good luck and overachievement to end the playoff drought, otherwise having enjoyed the ride with lots of optimism getting exited about this team being more mature and better next season. So pretending we are eliminated and shouldn't delude ourselves with playoffs to me just defeats the point of rooting for a small town home town underdog which I personally enjoy a great deal.

Go Bills

I agree, people who are talking playoffs are under delusion. No way no how this team gets into the playoffs.

(I'm trying to talk as negative as possible to reverse whatever curse is upon us)

we have zero chance of making the playoffs

And oh goodie you can be right in a few weeks and prove us all wrong. Awesome!!! :)

By the way, if I thought a team I liked was out of the race already, I'd find other ways to spend my time.

He was joking I think. The guy he responded to was faking pessimism as a sort of anti-jinx and he was doing the same.

thanks 4 being positive :)

:lol:

And thank you for being positive. You are my idol. Now please qualify your reasons for being positive. You really think the Bills will go at least 4-1 the last five games? You really think the Ravens, Colts, Pats and Dolphins will all go 3-2 or worse to allow the Bills to win a tie breaker and get that last spot at 10-6? I love the Bills. I want them to win. But reality has a way of curtailing my enthusiasm. That 47 yard wide-right miss against the Browns really cost the Bills any realistic chance of making the playoffs this season. But if they somehow get in, I will be happy about it, just like you.

Don't worry about eating crow. No way the Bills go better then 3-2-0 in their last 5 games, and 9-7-0 may be enough for Dick to keep his job, but it won't get into the playoffs this year. I can't imagine New England, Baltimore, Indy and the Dolphins all playing under 500 football the rest of the way to allow Buffalo a chance at sneaking in at 9-7-0. I think the two wildcards will be 11-5-0 and 10-6-0 this season.

They *all* don't have to. Baltimore has a brutal 3-game stretch after next week (Was, Pit, @Dal) and the Bills play both Miami & New England*. Wins over those two can easily put the Bills in excellent shape.

I'm not counting on Indianapolis losing (@Cle, Cin, Det, @Jax, Ten) until possibly Week 17, but they may have a playoff spot wrapped up by then or Tennessee might be sitting a bunch of players. Because of their schedule, Indy is out of reach to me. We might as well not worry about them and presume the Bills are fighting for 1 spot.

I don't understand all the negative comments on the board all the time -- if you don't want to enjoy the team, then stop watching and stop posting. Nothing's going to change until next season at the earliest, so why waste your time? :)

I've known they were cooked since the Jets game, yet I still watch and enjoy the games. Just because someone isn't working themselves up into a deluded state thinking this team has a shot at anything other than a 7-9 season doesn't mean they can't also enjoy watching their team play. You see negative comments in the OP, I see reality. KC is bad. Really, really bad. And they still hung 31 points on the Bills, despite 5 turnovers. Its insanity to think this team is going to sweep the rest of their games, and the reality is they are probably going to end up 7-9, and 0-6 in divisional play. Doesn't mean I won't watch. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy the games. And it doesn't mean I think its a waste of my time watching them, once again, stagger to the finish line in garbage time.

I've known they were cooked since the Jets game, yet I still watch and enjoy the games. Just because someone isn't working themselves up into a deluded state thinking this team has a shot at anything other than a 7-9 season doesn't mean they can't also enjoy watching their team play. You see negative comments in the OP, I see reality. KC is bad. Really, really bad. And they still hung 31 points on the Bills, despite 5 turnovers. Its insanity to think this team is going to sweep the rest of their games, and the reality is they are probably going to end up 7-9, and 0-6 in divisional play. Doesn't mean I won't watch. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy the games. And it doesn't mean I think its a waste of my time watching them, once again, stagger to the finish line in garbage time.

Good post, because this is what we do. As long as there is a shred of hope, we will sit there and root for miracles. Even after we are eliminated, wins make us feel a little better. The OP will be doing the same thing.

We all have different ways of coping with our football depression. Hey, I wait all winter for draft, hoping that jauron might switch gears and tell himself that it is wise to draft big guys who can block and tackle. Talk about futility! :)

Good post, because this is what we do. As long as there is a shred of hope, we will sit there and root for miracles. Even after we are eliminated, wins make us feel a little better. The OP will be doing the same thing.

We all have different ways of coping with our football depression. Hey, I wait all winter for draft, hoping that jauron might switch gears and tell himself that it is wise to draft big guys who can block and tackle. Talk about futility! :)

Three more years of futility on tap, Bill. I'm not going to let reality get in the way of a great time.

Three more years of futility on tap, Bill. I'm not going to let reality get in the way of a great time.

Get back to me when you have to make a choice between watching Bob the Builder or Dick the Coach.

I agree, people who are talking playoffs are under delusion. No way no how this team gets into the playoffs.

(I'm trying to talk as negative as possible to reverse whatever curse is upon us)

You don't need to win the division to make the playoffs.

We have Denver and SF

3 division games that were close in the first meetings

I agree we have a rough road ahead, but please do not make fans out as stupid because they have not given up yet!

No offense, but who the hell ar eyou to tell anyone what to do??? We're fans. Some of us don't like to just female dog and whine. Some people to see the positive than post on a message board they were right about something not working.

We're a game out of the playoffs with 3 division games left to play. We won 4 straight games earlier in the year. Personally, I'd rather be a delusional Bills fan than a whiney, negative Nancy. But that's just me. Go Bills!!! :thumbsup:

First off the post is a QUESTION, Im not telling anyone anything I am gathering info as to WHY> Second off we are technically 2 games out becuase a tie is still out of reach in tie breakers at the present moment.

sorry for being cynical or pesstimistic

you have nothing to apologize for. You are simply stating reality. Reality is neither positive or negative..., it is what it is.

For the fans that can't handle the truth and everything must have a positive spin, or else.... well, if hope and saying nice things about a team is their way of getting through the day so be it. That is what it is and you can't change it. They certainly don't have much knowledge about the sport if they think this team is playoff material.

we are a game behind 2 wild card spots and play 3 teams ahead of us?

exactly. I can see the argument that we haven't been playing like a playofff team, but the math sure doesn't warrant giving up hope. If we are going to the playoffs we have to beat three teams that have beaten us...the jets, pats and dolphins. I think that is unlikely, but certainly not impossible. I think we have to beat SF next week and move on from there.