Do the Bills Draft a ...............................

H2o

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get a Pass rush and a Center first. But if we throw in the towel on Trent, Harrell is the best of the best. Listen to the ESPN draft cheese dicks if you want, but I can watch for myself. Stafford is not top of the first round material. McCoy is end of the First round material. Harrel makes every throw, has great pocket presence, knows when to throw it away.... the list goes on. Either way the good things Trent has done this year still warrent him a shot once we get a running game and some play action passes. He has brought us back in every game hes been in when the coaches have let him. I havent Given up on him yet.

This is the one thing I love about you guys.The way most of you guys react to the QB position.

The way I see it None of the Manning boys would make your team.Aikman he would have had to go.Brees why bother.

Trent is in his second year as a pro and has 4 comeback wins.And say what you want about last monday night as pi$$ poor as he played he put the Bills in position to win.

What you guys are looking for is the second coming of Brady or Warner.Instant super bowl.Only one problem the teams those 2 guys took over had a Super Bowl TEAM already in place.We are still working on the TEAM thing but we have a good QB.

What in the hell is wrong with you guys? Don't you guys get that its not just the QB?

I'll bet that if you swapped Trent Edwards with Matt Ryan of the Falcons that Trent would start playing great and Ryan would start falling on his face. This Bills coaching staff is trying to make a young QB carry the team,most cannot do that!

The Steelers brought Big Ben along by letting him throw 10-15 times a game his rookie year,not 35+ times a game.They Ran the ball with a power running game and Ben was not forced to carry the team.

Any QB the Bills draft will also fall on his face without a proper supporting cast, meaning a really good OL and some coaches that will prepare him properly.Lastly the bills need a running game to keep pressure off the QB A dedicated running game of any sort will help the bills.Either power or finesse or cut blocking...just as long as they get the job done.

Dick Jauron says the running game is in a "slump".What i want to know is how does a team get out of something they have never been out of....this team this year has always been in a running slump.

With a rookie OL coach Sean Kuglar replacing Jm McNally the Offensive line went from half way decent last year to down right horrid this year.

The Bills really need to think about asking McNally to return as a consultant or something to help this line out and maybe get Jason peters back to last years form

I would love me some Chase Daniel in Round 3-5 :unsure: . No way he goes in the 1st though, maybe not even first day. He'd be worth a late round flyer though, I do think we need a QB since Losman will probably be gone.

Never if JP is on the bench. Jauron's phsyche cannot handle the soon to be free agent winning a game for him like he did against the Jets last year. He'd have too many questions to answer. Plus JP might go out there and do something risky like run with the ball or throw it deep. He might even ignore the play the coaches call.

My God, when will you give up. 10 wins ktf. 10 wins!!! 10 wins!!!!!

Yes, Jauron sucks. We know that. Trent is playing poorly. We know that too. Losman sucks. Everybody knows that except you, and a handful of other devotees to a player who for unknown reasons, worship this false image of a competent NFL qb.

I will gladly admit that Jauron, a loser with a sub-par staff, probably played an important role in JP's dismal failure of a career. Now, you seem to want him to also ruin Trent. What are you seeking, revenge?

Soon, JP will be out of Buffalo. He should however remain in the NFL for at least a season or two. Perhaps you can follow him and "keepthefaith" in JP and the next team who is unfortunate enough to have him on their bench.

What in the hell is wrong with you guys? Don't you guys get that its not just the QB?

Dick Jauron says the running game is in a "slump".What i want to know is how does a team get out of something they have never been out of....this team this year has always been in a running slump.

That's really funny. I think Jauron's carreer is in a "slump".

Gotta go OLB or DE if you ask me.

I know they're not enamored with him....and I know he's not a superstar player, but I'd really consider franchising Crowell.

Maybe you franchise him and trade him, maybe he plays the one year deal- but they can't go into next season with Ellison starting, and I don't know if I'd be able to accept a crappy free agent or 3rd round draft pick coming in to replace him. He's an asset...get something out of him, whether it's a draft pick or one more year of play.

I'd rather see the Bills sign or trade for a veteran QB that has actually won something. Not sure who will be out there and available. Since Jim Kelly left the Bills have had 4 drafted QBs play, Todd Collins, Alex Van Pelt, JP, and Trent Edwards. We've also had 4 free agents/trades, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, and Kelly Holcomb. Which group has produced more? Neither great, but we did get to the playoffs I think twice with RJ/DF and had our last winning season with DB. Instead of drafting yet another QB and throwing out there in year 1 or 2 to learn and suck while the rest of the team plays hard and tries to win is not what I want.

Instead, let's try to trade or sign a free agent. Not sure who yet. When the list of free agents comes out, I'll let you know who I want. I know he hasn't won much, but Bryon Leftwich looked good with the Steelers in relief a few weeks ago. I wonder what his contract situation is? I wonder how long of a contract Chad Pennington signed with Fish? Please though, no David Carr or Joey Harrington.

I'd rather see the Bills sign or trade for a veteran QB that has actually won something. Not sure who will be out there and available. Since Jim Kelly left the Bills have had 4 drafted QBs play, Todd Collins, Alex Van Pelt, JP, and Trent Edwards. We've also had 4 free agents/trades, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, and Kelly Holcomb. Which group has produced more? Neither great, but we did get to the playoffs I think twice with RJ/DF and had our last winning season with DB. Instead of drafting yet another QB and throwing out there in year 1 or 2 to learn and suck while the rest of the team plays hard and tries to win is not what I want.

Instead, let's try to trade or sign a free agent. Not sure who yet. When the list of free agents comes out, I'll let you know who I want. I know he hasn't won much, but Bryon Leftwich looked good with the Steelers in relief a few weeks ago. I wonder what his contract situation is? I wonder how long of a contract Chad Pennington signed with Fish? Please though, no David Carr or Joey Harrington.

Van Pelt was drafted by the Steelers then signed by KC then signed by the Bills in 94.

Not for nothing but I have to wonder if "now" Dick Jauron and the Bills front office are kicking themselves for not at least trying to bring Brett Farve into Buffalo.

All thru training camp I was kinda hoping that Trent would break something like JP did his first year,thus ending his season (not career ending tho)so the Bills would go after Brett.

Not that I dislike Trent Edwards its just that the thought of Farve as a Bill would be so awesome.I think he had stated Buffalo would be very similar to Green Bay so he would consider it.

It's funny, most people were putting TE in the probowl a month ago and now they want his head on a plate. Good QB's take years to develop. I for one am not ready to give up TE, and I don't think the Bills are either. If a QB is drafted the I see only a late round pick to replace JP. I know it's tough but everybody needs a little patience.

Well,since someone made mention about obtaining a veteran QB...

Veteran QB's that are back ups sitting on benches are usually there for a reason,their time has passed as a starter and they are on the team in case the main QB goes down,usually"has beens".

On the other hand it looks like Philly is sick of Donovan McNabb :censored: .

The thing is that even the Eagles don't succeed when Andy Reid forgets to run the ball and tries to throw on every down.