UB

John Gianelli

Sometimes the incredible tangents on this board drive me up a wall. Let's mention that UB - not so long ago worst team in Division 1-A, couldn't win a road game, couldn't win a home game, talked about going back to Division III - UB won their Division last night and clinched a bowl game.

UB is going bowling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?????????????

Hats off to Turner Gill for trusting in his senior QB to audiblize and run a pro-style offense. If Willy gets drafted late - good on him. If he doesn't, he'll get a shot as a FA. But the story is - UB is going to a bowl game! Will wonders cease?

Well said. I'm very proud of my alma mater today. Go UB!

Anyone listen to the UB game? What a great comeback. You get the sense that the team just knows how to win.

Fantastic turnaround to a program that was a public embarrassment 4 years ago. Congrats to Turner Gill and his players for giving UB and all of Buffalo a team to be proud of. Go Bulls!

While that may be the biggest comeback and victory in UB football history, the biggest UB decision in its history will very likely be who they get to replace Gill when he undoubtably gets offered a bigger and better job. The school could easily slide backwards into oblivion again. The candidates this time around, however, should be better.

So how long before Turner Gill gets a shot a coaching a major program??? At least he got this one up and running well - I hope he leaves a legacy of strong recruiting and performance...

Perhaps the braintrust at UB could turn teh Bulls into a major program. Why stop at the MAC. Besides, Syracuse could use a viable rival that's in state. Be nice to have UB/Syracuse at the Ralph with neither a clear favorite (of course if 'Cuse keeps dropping, that reality may be true realized already).

Does anybody know who is lined up to be quarterback next season for the Bulls? I think Naaman Roosevelt and James Starks are both juniors, so the offensive weapons will still be there, but who is going to be the new field general, and can he repeat this sort of season?

They are very high on true freshmen Zach Maynard who is more of a spread offense quarterback.

That was one of the best Cuse games I have watched in a long time. Unreal...

I actually made my 8 mo. old son cry (accidentally) when I yelled so loud after they scored the TD.

As a Notre Dame, Bills, and Sabres fan, these past few weeks have been agony. But as a UB alumnus, the Bulls have been my saving grace this fall.

At the beginning of the year, if you said that by week 10 UB would be ahead of Virginia, Notre Dame, Auburn, Tennessee, Purdue, Michigan, and UCLA in the RPI, would you have believed it?

As a Notre Dame, Bills, and Sabres fan, these past few weeks have been agony. But as a UB alumnus, the Bulls have been my saving grace this fall.

At the beginning of the year, if you said that by week 10 UB would be ahead of Virginia, Notre Dame, Auburn, Tennessee, Purdue, Michigan, and UCLA in the RPI, would you have believed it?

I just checked the RPI...UB is #46! Un-bull-ievable!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh geez, here we go again. You do know of course that the two best QB's in the MAC, by far, are Nate Davis and Dan Lefevour right?

Now, I haven't seen Willy play except in some very limited highlights.......but Davis and LeFevour are by far the two best. Davis is guaranteed to be drafted, and Lefevour is the poor man's Tim Tebow. I'm not sure about Lefevour's draft prospects.

Other than visiting this board, I've never heard Willy's name once! Not saying he isn't good, but cmon.

SCOREBOARD READS: Willy 1, Davis 0.

Drew Willy will get drafted. If you didn't think so before, you will now.

Edit: ESPN Draft Expert has Willy going between 4th and 6th round. And that was before tonight's game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.