Did Juaron sign a 3 year contract extension

Estro

I know I heard that Dick Juaron signed an extension just prior to the Cardinals or Chargers game. Then after that I really never heard anything, there didn't seem to be any numbers released or even a press conference for that matter. What is the deal? Did he indeed sign the three extension? I would appreciate it if someone could clarify the situation for me.

Ideally he didn't sign anything yet so we can find a coach who utilizes all 60 minutes to WIN the game. I'm sick and tired of his leadership.

I know I heard that Dick Juaron signed an extension just prior to the Cardinals or Chargers game. Then after that I really never heard anything, there didn't seem to be any numbers released or even a press conference for that matter. What is the deal? Did he indeed sign the three extension? I would appreciate it if someone could clarify the situation for me.

Ideally he didn't sign anything yet so we can find a coach who utilizes all 60 minutes to WIN the game. I'm sick and tired of his leadership.

It has been reported he did, but the Bills organization has never confirmed any report.

Hopefully, if he did, it was contingent on the Bills making the playoffs.

No playoffs, no extension.

Surely a career coaching record of 0.440 and 1 season in 8 (Detroit doesn't count) with a winning record should make you feel better. With a slim chance to win 4 games from 6 it may well be 1 in 9! Why is it that not one of his assistance coaches have ever made it to a HC position? For example, Mike Holmgren= Andy Reid, Ray Rhodes, Steve Mariucci, Mike Sherman or say George Seifert= Mike Shanahan and Jeff Fisher. Dick Jauron= NONE

i'm thinking he was offered a new contract, but the team was doing so well that he decided to wait to possibly get more money. Probably felt that he had a team going deep in the playoffs and a possible superbowl contender. (that's what a lot of us felt at the time). I think he gambled and waited to sign and now the contract has been rescinded by the bills. just guessing based on what's been going on..

i'm thinking he was offered a new contract, but the team was doing so well that he decided to wait to possibly get more money. Probably felt that he had a team going deep in the playoffs and a possible superbowl contender. (that's what a lot of us felt at the time). I think he gambled and waited to sign and now the contract has been rescinded by the bills. just guessing based on what's been going on..

We should be so lucky.

Surely a career coaching record of 0.440 and 1 season in 8 (Detroit doesn't count) with a winning record should make you feel better. With a slim chance to win 4 games from 6 it may well be 1 in 9! Why is it that not one of his assistance coaches have ever made it to a HC position? For example, Mike Holmgren= Andy Reid, Ray Rhodes, Steve Mariucci, Mike Sherman or say George Seifert= Mike Shanahan and Jeff Fisher. Dick Jauron= NONE

Technically not true. Two of his three past OC went on to be HC at the collegiate level. Crowton bombed out at BYU, and is now the OC at LSU. Fairchild led Colorado State needs to win it's last game to make .500.

As for his past DC ....... we won't talk about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Technically not true. Two of his three past OC went on to be HC at the collegiate level. Crowton bombed out at BYU, and is now the OC at LSU. Fairchild led Colorado State needs to win it's last game to make .500.

As for his past DC ....... we won't talk about it.

...ok, successful HC at college, JC, High school or weekend pick up games amongst friends...

It makes more sense to me that the extension did occur than not. If a false news report was given and the extension never happened, wouldn't the Bills come out and say so? Wouldn't Jauron's agent come and say so?

The Bills just never officially announced the extension because they wanted to be "cool" too and not discuss the terms of personnel contracts because they saw the other cool kids doing that and so now they think that way too. Contracts are an organizational matter not a public matter, you see? Aren't the Bills so cool guys?

But again, if a false report was given, wouldn't they denounce it?

And they're certainly not going to announce the extension NOW. It's embarrassing. Dick Jauron is an embarrassment and the Bills are an embarrassment for having him as our coach through 2011. And Ralph Wilson is an embarrassment for being too cheap to eat the extension. 3 more years of Dick.

I don't know. It's one of those perplexing questions, like, who shot JFK? Is 2Pac really dead? Does RW really drive a Ford Tauras?

I have seen Ralph ride in a PT cruiser w/ a Bills logo airburshed on the side.

At his age, I don't think Ralph drives anything anymore.

It makes more sense to me that the extension did occur than not. If a false news report was given and the extension never happened, wouldn't the Bills come out and say so? Wouldn't Jauron's agent come and say so?

I'd think neither would happen. It doesn't look good for anyone representing Jauron to say "No, he doesn't have an extension" or for the Bills to say "No, there is no extension". Both would imply that he's coaching for his job and the team would not want that as a distraction.

The team probably hasn't confirmed it because it may very well be contingent on something that we won't know the result of until the end of the season...like an above-.500 record or a playoff appearance.