mjohns85

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick Needs NFL Team That Will Take Chance on Him

Nov 25, 3:53 AM (ET)

By HOWARD FENDRICH, AP Sports Writer

As Michael Vick appears in a Virginia court to answer state dogfighting charges Tuesday, he has reason to hope his aim of one day returning to the NFL could be realized.

Dozens of league-wide interviews conducted by The Associated Press in the last week found a commissioner willing to consider Vick's case and players who would welcome him back.

The trick may be finding a team ready to take a risk on the former quarterback.

Edited by Lori
copyrighted material

i'd take him.

he was cruel to those dogs, but they were his dogs, his property. it's not like he harmed a human being (in the charges that sent him to jail, i dunno what else he has done). i'm eating a chicken right now that no doubt had a horrible life, don't be a bleeding heart vagina and cry over an animal -- if he gets us a superbowl i'd be happy for him to kill 10000 dogs.

:thumbsup:

i'd take him.

he was cruel to those dogs, but they were his dogs, his property. it's not like he harmed a human being (in the charges that sent him to jail, i dunno what else he has done). i'm eating a chicken right now that no doubt had a horrible life, don't be a bleeding heart vagina and cry over an animal -- if he gets us a superbowl i'd be happy for him to kill 10000 dogs.

Wost post I have ever seen. :thumbsup:

Ok, but after Vick's jail time, public humiliation, loss of his best means of earning a living for several years, his attempts at restitution to troubled dogs after his conviction, and almost incomprehensible monetary losses, could you ever see the way to saying that he's paid his debt to society for his wrongdoings?

Without getting religious on the board ... yes he can and should have opportunity for forgiveness. No...he has no right returning to the public stage and getting wealthy while he does it. For once, we need to think about what it says to kids if we let athletes that make serious misjudgements step back into the spotlight. Athletic ability does not equal license for poor behavior. Let him make his living honestly like the rest of america but he is not entitled to return to the NFL. I would not want him in Buffalo.

Not a chance. Trent has shown good stuff at times. Try to remember he is only in his second year. Steve Young sat for years behind Montana before he even got chance. God, this reminds me of the days when Shaw would go back to pass, and the fans in the stands would start chanting for Lamonica. He was already in Oakland by then.

Oh, and BTW, whether you like Edwards or Lossman, QB's don't get a lot of chances to tackle the other team when they are running up and down the field scoring points. Yeah, the Bills scored 54, but please, where was the defense? Probably why no mention today on ESPN. It was all about all the high scoring games this weekend, but no mention of the Bills/ Cheifs game.

Michael vick can go f$%k a goat!! He is a piece of sh--. He killed dogs because he thought it was cool, and that it made him look like a tough thug. If any team picks him up after cell block D gets through sodomizing him, I hope that franchise folds.

How's that for an opinion.

It s kinda mild , he is a no good POS , anyone hiring Vick can consider their team gone, he is a PR disaster . Now I know Iam only one person and Buffalo would never hire him , but if any NFL team hires him I say bye bye to the NFL and follow College and even highschool football.

Any team hiring VIck could be putting fans at risk for obvious reasons . Vick is a f$%king peice of sh--

i'd take him.

Sure you wold take him ,and thats not all you take . I doubt if thats chicken you ar eating <_<

It s kinda mild , he is a no good POS , anyone hiring Vick can consider their team gone, he is a PR disaster . Now I know Iam only one person and Buffalo would never hire him , but if any NFL team hires him I say bye bye to the NFL and follow College and even highschool football.

Any team hiring VIck could be putting fans at risk for obvious reasons . Vick is a f$%king peice of sh--

Ah, you forget about the Raiders.

Take it easy, people shoot deer every day during hunting season just for the sake of shooting them.

It is not out of the ordinary for 'hunters' to shoot deer and leave them in the fields.

And no one is sentencing them to sodomy.

Every hunter I know does not leave the deer in the field. Every one that I know will use the meat and some even use the hide. So don't say the ordinary hunter leaves them inthe field.

Take it easy, people shoot deer every day during hunting season just for the sake of shooting them.

It is not out of the ordinary for 'hunters' to shoot deer and leave them in the fields.

This is by far the biggest load of tripe you have posted to date. I personally have never hunted, but grew up in the sticks of Allegany County, and moved all of the way to Cattaraugus County. I have been around hunters all of my life, and it is indeed out of the ordinary for hunters to kill a deer and leave it in the field. The comparison of dog fighting to hunting is unwarranted. My wife grew up in Pulaski Co. in Indiana, as rural as Allegany County in WNY, and she agrees. The hunters you know would not be welcome here.

I suspect you've never hunted nor know any hunters; because I don't know a single hunter that would ever shoot a deer and just leave it in the woods.

"For once, we need to think about what it says to kids if we let athletes that make serious misjudgements step back into the spotlight."

For once? Please, that ship sails almost every year - this season it was Pacman Jones.

I think Vick will go to Philly in '09 if Goodell suspends him for less than 16 games.