Greg Robinson is fired!!!!!!!

The Poojer

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/20...lace_coach.html

Poll: Who should replace coach Greg Robinson?

I voted Kiffin but right now the leader is Edsall at 28% and then Gill at 15%.

al davis being an alum, and assuming big contributor to the cuse, would probably "dissuade" them from talking to kiffin....at least thats what i would think....

I hope not. I'd love to see Lane go to Syracuse and succeed for two reasons. Obviously I want Syracuse to win and second it would be cool to see him succeed and rub Davis' nose in it.

Hey POOJ looks like sigs worked!! I think the only reason they decided to fire him is our sigs! <_<

Has Kiffin every recruited, or really had anything to do with running a college football team? It's such a huge job, and SU is so far in the crapper, I don't think Kiffin is the type they should be looking for (unless I'm wrong about him and he had far more responsibility at USC than I've heard before).

EDIT: I just did a quick search, and apparently he did do a year (maybe 2) of recruiting after Chow left. Again though, I think there is a big difference between what he did there under Pete Carroll and what he would have to do as the HC of a team like Syracuse.

Good points. I'm not sure Syracuse is a job that a proven recruiter and a good coach would find attractive, right now, though.

If I were them, I would try to talk to, and gauge the interest of, all the coaches mentioned in this thread, including Fulmer. SU should cast a wide net in their recruiting, IMO.

Good points. I'm not sure Syracuse is a job that a proven recruiter and a good coach would find attractive, right now, though.

If I were them, I would try to talk to, and gauge the interest of, all the coaches mentioned in this thread, including Fulmer. SU should cast a wide net in their recruiting, IMO.

SU would be lucky just to have Fulmer acknowledge their interest. Don't take that as a knock against the Cuse, fat Phil is a Tennessean to the core. I seriously think he would not entertain any coaching job outside the state of Tenn.

SU would have a better chance of nabbing Tuberville from Auburn.

If by some chance fat Phil did take a job outside of Tenn., he would not be successful. His heart would not be in it.

Robinson couldn't get the W's, but he has conducted himself with class.

Did you notice yesterday that he held off the NBC interviewer until the Notre Dame alma mater was finished being sung? He also had the players giving it their all yesterday even though he was a lame duck.

It's too bad he couldn't put a better program together because he seems like a decent fellow.

Locksley interviewed for SU head coaching job

Rivals.com is reporting that Illinois offensive coordinator Mike Locksley was interviewed Wednesday for the Syracuse head coach position.

Locksley, 38, has been at Illinois since 2005. From 2003 to 2004, he was the running backs coach and recruiting coordinator at Florida. He was an assistant at Maryland from 1997 to 2002.

Locksley played at Towson State from 1988 to 1991.

Locksley has also interviewed for the Clemson opening.