Fix running game please

NO folks.......

All it would take to get this ship in the right direction would be the ability to run the ball......P.E.R.I.O.D.

- Want to blam Edwards for the int's? First look at the fact that our offense is so one one trick pony that we are actually lucky he hasn't played worse.

- Every time he holds the ball he has a defender on top of him

- I actually see a small minority talking about benching him for Losman.....well if the OL keeps playing like this that isn't going to be a problem because Edwards will be down with another injury

Fix the running game......watch the team instantly get better. Will it fix all the problems......no.....but enough that the team will start winning again.

It all starts, or stops, with the OL. The OL did a better job of pass protection against NE, but still can't run block. For guys as big as our OL are, that's baffling.

NO folks.......

All it would take to get this ship in the right direction would be the ability to run the ball......P.E.R.I.O.D.

- Want to blam Edwards for the int's? First look at the fact that our offense is so one one trick pony that we are actually lucky he hasn't played worse.

- I actually see a small minority talking about benching him for Losman.....well if the OL keeps playing like this that isn't going to be a problem because Edwards will be down with another injury

Fix the running game......watch the team instantly get better. Will it fix all the problems......no.....but enough that the team will start winning again.

Have your flanker feign inside, then bounce out... rapidly. That shifts a LBs' eyes momentarily. Then snap on a quick count to the up back. Catch 'em wondering.

That's because they're usually in 2nd and 3rd and long situations and Trent is standing there in shotgun formation where the Bills pass 100 percent of the time.

It's a vicious circle that only good coaching can fix. This isn't rocket science here, yet Jauron and his cohorts make it out to be. In football and especially in the NFL, you try to make the defense pay on every snap of the ball, In Jauron's world "hard work" is all that's needed to make up for the opposing teams knowing what play they are going to run.

Go back and watch that NE game again and Schonert is over using the shotgun formation. He used it on THIRD and ONE THREE times against the Pats,all went incomplete. The only time the bills ran on third and one it went for a first down!

If Coach Jauron takes any action it should be that he takes all the shotgun plays out of the playbook for now.

The shotgun was designed to help a QB see what set the defense is in and is mostly used in 2nd,3rd and long like billsfan mentions.Schonert uses it constantly and in strange sitations.

Seems like as soon as the Bills get behind by as little as seven points they go into full blown passing sets and ingnore the running game,which is completely stupid.

The thing is Turk Schonert is a rookie signal caller and he is working with a 2nd year QB,both are inexperienced...

NO folks.......

For that last time, stop making sense. Your logic doesn't belong on this board m8. :wallbash:

NO folks.......

Oline = D

Lynch = C

9 games into the season and the elephant Oline hasn't shown an ability to run block yet .

It isn't going to happen.

That's because they're usually in 2nd and 3rd and long situations and Trent is standing there in shotgun formation where the Bills pass 100 percent of the time.

Remember how the K-Gun version of The Bills had SO many running Plays out of the Shotgun? Remember Thurman getting HUGE gains on 3rd Down Running Plays out of the Shotgun?

Those were the days huh? I remember Jim Kelly talking about how important it was for The Bills to be able to Run the Ball effectively out of The Shotgun...The K-Gun/No Huddle was basically run out of The Shotgun Formation so The Bills HAD to be able to Pass and Run equally out of that Formation...This lead to a whole lot of confusion for opposing Defenses...Of coarse it did not hurt having TT and KD in the Back Field...But I'm almost certain Lynch and Jackson are, at the very, least not a HUGE dropoff in talent...

The Bills MUST learn to Run out of The Shotgun Formation...I can't believe they did not work on that during the Bi Week...Oh well... :wallbash:

Remember how the K-Gun version of The Bills had SO many running Plays out of the Shotgun? Remember Thurman getting HUGE gains on 3rd Down Running Plays out of the Shotgun?

Those were the days huh? I remember Jim Kelly talking about how important it was for The Bills to be able to Run the Ball effectively out of The Shotgun...The K-Gun/No Huddle was basically run out of The Shotgun Formation so The Bills HAD to be able to Pass and Run equally out of that Formation...This lead to a whole lot of confusion for opposing Defenses...Of coarse it did not hurt having TT and KD in the Back Field...But I'm almost certain Lynch and Jackson are, at the very, least not a HUGE dropoff in talent...

The Bills MUST learn to Run out of The Shotgun Formation...I can't believe they did not work on that during the Bi Week...Oh well... :wallbash:

Yes I remember, good times...good times. If only these coaches got their heads out of their butts and realized that opposing defenses and even us "stupid" fans KNOW which plays the Bills are going to run. HEY DICK, THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY OUR OFFENSE SUCKS!

They really need to show faith in their QBs. They need to let their QBs audible and even call their own plays in the no huddle from time to time.

I predict either the Bills win this week or we are all going to hear the Bills players speak out about the coaching. This is the game where the fingers start getting pointed from within if they do lose. Hopefully they won't.

Yes I remember, good times...good times. If only these coaches got their heads out of their butts and realized that opposing defenses and even us "stupid" fans KNOW which plays the Bills are going to run. HEY DICK, THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY OUR OFFENSE SUCKS!

They really need to show faith in their QBs. They need to let their QBs audible and even call their own plays in the no huddle from time to time.

I predict either the Bills win this week or we are all going to hear the Bills players speak out about the coaching. This is the game where the fingers start getting pointed from within if they do lose. Hopefully they won't.

No arguement there.....if the bills lose this game the @hit is going to hit the fan

It's a vicious circle that only good coaching can fix. This isn't rocket science here, yet Jauron and his cohorts make it out to be. In football and especially in the NFL, you try to make the defense pay on every snap of the ball, In Jauron's world "hard work" is all that's needed to make up for the opposing teams knowing what play they are going to run.

I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree more.

Good to be back in agreement wit you buddy! :wallbash:

It's no wonder our offensive players look like deer caught in the headlights. Can you imagine trying to run plays against professional players that know what play you're going run before you do it? The Bills need to relax, open the playbook, tell their QB to audible out of any "bad" plays and into "good" plays. They need to use a few reverses, they need to let Marshawn throw a halfback pass, they need to be "unpredictable". It will get their players mojo back. It will open up the running game since they no longer will know when a run is coming.

I know everyone wants to "fix" the running game, but the cold hard fact is that to do that you have to open up the playbook, get creative and the QB needs to audible out of running plays when there is 10 men in the box. Audible, baby audible! Monday night should be very interesting.

Trent is not good enough to carry this team on his back. Especially when he is lying on it looking up at the clouds after he drops back. The running game, or lack thereof, is pathetic. Fix it and the Bills will be in much better shape.

Agreed. If you can't run and Lynch should be good enough with a decent OL in front of him it all falls on Edwards.

Peters...kiss that big contract goodbye.

We have no run blockers out there.

Agreed. If you can't run and Lynch should be good enough with a decent OL in front of him it all falls on Edwards.

Peters...kiss that big contract goodbye.

We have no run blockers out there.

I've said before if Marshawn cannot do it then give more hand-offs to Jackson. It's either talent or it's the RB. Let's find out because I have lost faith in Marshawn being able to make positive yardage CONSISTENTLY. After watching both of them play I can't see how Jackson is not played more. If they aren't willing to make coaching or personnel changes on the line, may as well change the RB who has averaged more ypc and more rpc for the last 2 years.

I'm glad Peters won't see that contract he wants so bad. I know we need run-blockers, but the personnel on the line is not going to change because we don't have the depth to do it.

Heels from 20X6 agrees with you. The team needs to commit to the run and the coaching needs to work much, much harder with our large and no longer in charge O-line to get them to dictate the pace of the game. There are few holes for our backs to move through.

I also suggest that Trent has been suffering without Josh Reed as his outlet. Reed has developed the ability to be able to get himself open for Trent as his "valve pass'.

I think that Turk needs to open his playbook up for more intermediate and deep routes. Maximize the speed of Roscoe and Lee. Stretch the field out and keep opposing defenses honest. Dink and dunk only works when the secondary respects your deep threats.

Ding Ding! We have a winner :w00t: I feel the same way about Josh Reed's absence in this offense, and defensively I think the loss of Schobel in these last three games is also being overlooked. Although they are both key factors, the number one reason I think we lost those games is coaching! <_<

maybe if Trent made other teams pay for putting 10 guys in the box, they would then have to worry about keeping guys back to defend the pass.

You see, it works both ways, having a passing attack that keeps your opponent from loading up on the run can help improve the running game.

Maybe its time to stop blaming others for this teams mistakes. Trent is not playing well recently. Everyone blasted JP supporters for giving excuses, and now those same excuses are coming out to defend Edwards poor play recently. I know this is going to start a huge flame war, but maybe trent isn't as good he was made out to be last season, and teams now have an idea on the kind of player he is? There have been many players who started outtheir careers on a hot streak and then came back down to earth to become only decent, not spectacular players. Maybe he is one of them?