The Real Problem is Lynch not Edwards

StupidNation

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ this thread

Yes it is pretty funny. All I know is that it takes more than one dude to tackle ML because his legs are always moving and he does not go down easy. I've seen him make something out of nothing more times than not. Hell, ML ran for 7 yards on the first play against NE and then we pass two downs in a row and have to punt??? He needs to get in a groove, but getting the ball 10 times, being replaced by Jackson after 2 plays and running behind a paper thin o-line will make most backs look horrible. Thus leading to TEs crappy play. It all starts on the sidelines and TS, who was hired by DJ, who was hired by ML, who was hired by RW etc.......etc........etc.....

THIS TEAM HAS MANY PROBLEMS AND THE RB IS HARDLY ONE OF THEM.

1000 yd season means shiit. Used to be a benchmark when they played 12 but the criteria is different now.

Clearly, Lynch is not the back we hoped he would be.

A better back would be making more yards even with this line.

Stop fooling yourselves.

Que the name calling.

You do remember that Lynch missed 3 games, I believe, with and injury. So, he made the 1,000 yards in a few less than 16 games.

How can Ralph be so cheap when we have so many over paid players like Dockery, Walker, Kelsay, Schobel, Evans?

You have a good point, but on the other hand, because we keep hiring coaches like Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Philips, etc...when the likes of Parcells, Cowher were out there, not to mention better all around cadidates.

:wub:

Last three games...

Edwards = 7 turnovers (5 interceptions + 2 fumbles)

Lynch = 0 turnovers

There's your issue pal.

Let me look at the numbers for you a little differently since you are obviously inept at understanding how important a running game is:

Trent has to throw 85% of all downs to make an impact in yardage +

Lynch is not making plays to change that ratio and allows more guys to fall back into coverage

= More turnovers

If Lynch could get some positive yardage Trent wouldn't have so much pressure. No rushing game = more turnovers, less balance, easier D game-planning.

Tell me how Brees did this past weekend with 400 yards and INTs with no rushing game, and tell me the Saints record and what is common about their offense. Get back to me.

Facts are you could have a QB putting up #s past Marino's best year and have a losing record. Saints are a perfect example. No running game = almost impossible to win consistently

Lynch is not making plays to change that ratio and allows more guys to fall back into coverage

Hey Stupid..........nation, You realize there is more than one RB on this team right? Jackson is on the field almost as much as Lynch. We have had only one QB for eight of the nine games. Your point is moot.

Let me look at the numbers for you a little differently since you are obviously inept at understanding how important a running game is:

Trent has to throw 85% of all downs to make an impact in yardage +

= More turnovers

If Lynch could get some positive yardage Trent wouldn't have so much pressure. No rushing game = more turnovers, less balance, easier D game-planning.

Tell me how Brees did this past weekend with 400 yards and INTs with no rushing game, and tell me the Saints record and what is common about their offense. Get back to me.

Facts are you could have a QB putting up #s past Marino's best year and have a losing record. Saints are a perfect example. No running game = almost impossible to win consistently

You really think Edwards is throwing on 85% of all downs? What game have you been watching?

I have watched Barry Sanders and Lynch is not Barry Sanders. First of all, Barry Sanders was great. He could fake tacklers out of their shoes. Go to Youtube and search for clips of his games and be amazed. However, he had a lot of runs that went for negative yards. Barry would never have the career he had if his offensive coordinator stopped calling running plays because he had those negative plays. Lynch is a victim of Turk and Dick. He needs to touch the ball more than 12 times a game. Then he will be fine. In the 4th quarter of the New England game, Lynch got the ball three times and he turned that into 20 yards. Then Turk started calling passing plays and never went back to the run. How many yards can a running back gain if the QB never gave him the ball? Maybe Lynch should tackle Edwards after the snap and rip the ball away from him, then run down field with it. I think that is what you expect him to do.

the problem is not Edwards nor is it Lynch... neither deserves blame.

The problem with the Bills is OL and Pass rush. We need a stud C and improvement at G and we need a real DE... None of our DE's are starting material not even Schobel.

The biggest problem IMO is our Defensive scheme. I hate the tampa 2, and I am very against the 4-3. All we ever are in this scheme is a bend don't break. Problem with that is any decent team can bend it and break it.

...In the 4th quarter of the New England game, Lynch got the ball three times and he turned that into 20 yards. Then Turk started calling passing plays and never went back to the run. How many yards can a running back gain if the QB never gave him the ball? Maybe Lynch should tackle Edwards after the snap and rip the ball away from him, then run down field with it. I think that is what you expect him to do.

If you're gonna start talking about the 4th quarter against NE, I suggest you start with the defense. First three quarters, gripe all you want, and rightfully so, but Sunday's 4th quarter is all on the defense.

GO BILLS!!!

the problem is not Edwards nor is it Lynch... neither deserves blame.

The problem with the Bills is OL and Pass rush. We need a stud C and improvement at G and we need a real DE... None of our DE's are starting material not even Schobel.

The biggest problem IMO is our Defensive scheme. I hate the tampa 2, and I am very against the 4-3. All we ever are in this scheme is a bend don't break. Problem with that is any decent team can bend it and break it.

I agree there are NUMEROUS problems on the Bills. HORRIBLE coaching, injuries, poor play by the O-line...etc. but to say Edwards does not deserve blame is INSANE. You Trent lovers would have gone wild on this board, there would have been 100 threads about how JP cost the Bills those last 3 games & it's all J.P.'s fault the Bills season is in shambles.