The Real Problem is Lynch not Edwards

StupidNation

Barry Sanders never had a line. Did you watch those Lion teams. Barry knew how to just dance his way free.

and how many rb's can you name that were just like barry??? can't be more than a handful, and you can't expect every first rounder to be the next game changer... ML is a solid starter. Would I take adrian peterson over ML? Of course! However, all these complaints on this board are things that can be corrected by good coaching. One thing I've noticed, you don't see any rushing play's by the bills on inside the playbook, or being reviewed on these nfl shows thru out the week because none of them are designed to take advantage of our strengths and cover our weaknesses. Sure you can say ML isn't hitting the whole, the OL isn't making a whole, etc, etc... But to say the heaviest and tallest line can't block, a 1st round pick that ran for over 1k yards last year can't hit a hole, its kinda rediculous to believe that the talent we have now won't allow us to rush 4.5 ypc and allow some big runs. Another thing, if the guy wants to always bounce it to the outside, because of is "infinite wisdom" telling him he cant squeeze between the (imaginary) "hole" he's supposed to run thru, why can't we just pitch him the ball, or throw a freakin screen??? Just a thought...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think Edwards is throwing on 85% of all downs? What game have you been watching?

No, what I said was that 85% of all plays with positive yardage are passes that have any meaning. Roughly 15% of our offense that is meaningful is rushing, and if you deduct the dead yards of rushing the ball at the end of the game to run out the clock 80-85% of our yards that mean something in terms of yardage are coming from passing. Do the math. In a good offense it's usually around 55-65% of positive yardage is passing. Right now 73% of our overall offense is passing yards, and about 7-12% of those numbers to make the 80-85% come from end of the game runs to kill the clock in the 4th quarter.

To the other poster who said Jackson is in there as much as Lynch lets compare carries shall we? 146 to 60 is not the same amount of carries. You are an idiot.

Lastly, the argument used about Barry Sanders was not us comparing Lynch to Sanders, but some other poster who said that even Sanders couldn't get good yardage out of this line. Barry Sanders was a one man wrecking crew who loved it when guys shot through, used them as a pick or screen in basketball to shield other defenders and ran around them.

My point is at this point there is more blame to Lynch than Edwards if you want to point to offensive ineptitude. I want to see if Jackson can do better. Why not? At this point leaving Lynch isn't doing anything particularly great or special to change the outcome. I want to see Jackson get 18 carries and have Lynch give him breathers and not vice versa.

To the other poster who said Jackson is in there as much as Lynch lets compare carries shall we? 146 to 60 is not the same amount of carries. You are an idiot.

I said he's in there as much as Lynch, nothing about how many carries he gets. Whether they carry the ball or not, they still have to play the game and block and go out on pass plays.

Again, resort to name calling. Whoever said just look at your name was 100% right on that one. Who's the idiot?

I said he's in there as much as Lynch, nothing about how many carries he gets. Whether they carry the ball or not, they still have to play the game and block and go out on pass plays.

Again, resort to name calling. Whoever said just look at your name was 100% right on that one. Who's the idiot?

He said my point was moot based on who was in there, but only 1 QB. Having someone on the field and used as a WR, fullback, etc. is not the same thing as comparing one stat or another. His point was moot. You jumped on the bandwagon because you probably think Bust-Mode is awesome. Sorry, he's not.

He said my point was moot based on who was in there, but only 1 QB. Having someone on the field and used as a WR, fullback, etc. is not the same thing as comparing one stat or another. His point was moot. You jumped on the bandwagon because you probably think Bust-Mode is awesome. Sorry, he's not.

He's not awesome, never said he was. He has the potential to be though. But behind this line, no one will be awesome. It's no coincidence that Willis McGahee is having more success in Baltimore than he did in Buffalo. Plus, Baltimore's rookie QB Flacco is playing better than Edwards. Then there's Travis Henry who was much better when he went to the Titans with a real o-line. 90% of the Bills run/passing game woes has to do with the underachieving o-line.

Hey Stupid..........nation, You realize there is more than one RB on this team right? Jackson is on the field almost as much as Lynch. We have had only one QB for eight of the nine games. Your point is moot.

jackson yards per carry=4

lynch yards per carry = 3.5

I don't think the real problem is Lynch or Edwards but those underachieving, overpaid offensive lineman in front of them. The announcers mention every week that the Bills have the heaviest line in the NFL, they need to mention that being so big apparently makes them one of the slowest lines in the NFL too. Jason Peters has went from a dominating tackle one year, to someone who thinks he is Anthony Munoz and holding out all summer and training camp and not only getting burned each week, but having critical penalties called on him each week. Lynch has been getting 40-50 yards a week with this terrible line, and 95% of his yards has been running through, over or carrying defenders on his back. Watch Edwards, whenever he actually isn't being pressured or pounded into the ground, he normally makes good decisions. All but 1 or 2 of his interceptios this year have been when he has someone in his face or on his back planting him into the ground. Maybe having Butler back this week will help, but probably going to take more than that.

jackson yards per carry=4

lynch yards per carry = 3.5

With those averages, handing the ball off to either guy three straight times should result in a first down then. But they seem to always run once and pass twice. Also, on all the 3rd and shorts, they have been trying pass plays. It hasn't been working, they abandoned the running game way too much no matter who is in there.

It is Scheme, scheme, scheme.... And now that Lynch knows what to expect he's running scared. How can you blame the guy for that? They need to block at the point of attack and bring back the cutback and counter. Until then they will continue to struggle even if Sanders was back there.

people watch barry sanders highlight tapes and think he can do that sh-- every run. If he was running behind this bills line and had no holes to run through.. trust me, he would have a bunch of 1 yard carries just like Marshawn.

No he would not have 1 yard carries like Marshawn. I saw a lot of Sanders back in the day. The Bucs were in the same division as the Lions. It is amazing the yardage Barry put up because he was tackled BEHIND the line of scrimage a lot. He did not have the power to get that yard like Marshawn. Behind this Bills line Barry would have had negitive yardage.