Any Team is a reflection of their coach

realtruelove

tony dungy is stoic and has a ring, so that is not the issue. it's all the other crud that dick is responsible for. give t. dungy this bills roster and he'd go 10-6 or better

tony dungy is stoic and has a ring, so that is not the issue. it's all the other crud that dick is responsible for. give t. dungy this bills roster and he'd go 10-6 or better

Dungy is stoic in his personal demeaner, but not in his approach to the game.

Jauron is stoic in both, that's the difference.

And by the way, have you been watching the 49ers play tonight? They're reflecting..........

Is Jauron a winner? Will he ever be? I don't think so.

Jauron is a moron. And I quote from his post game press conference "I gotta find ways to help this team win." WTF? If he doesn't know already he deserves to be put out in the parking lot with a pink slip and a one way plane ticket out of town.

Any Team is a reflection of their coach, If the coach is a winner, the team will be a winner.

There is a reasonable theory that goes with the opposite......to a point.

Any coach is a reflection of their teams performance, If the team is a winner, the coach will be considered a winner.

I remember tom Landry (jacket, tie and hat) and some of his Cowboy teams which were pretty darn good. I think he was the most stoic and laid-back coach ever. Maybe not such a bad thing????? Has the current game changed so much...

Tom L had some oustanding coaches back then

athletes and the game has changed completely since Landry's time. He couldn't coach today anymore than the great Gibbs could.

i would much rather have a Cowher, Tomlin, Singletary, Caughlin type of guy.

Remember people, we ran Wade-O out of town beacuse he was too laid back, and didn't wear a headset. Blue-Collar, Hard working, Passionate guy fits Buffalo better than a calm cool collected cerebral type guy. The great thing about Marv was he was cerebral and incredibly Passionate at the same time.

I'm not seeing this.

When Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe, Bill Belichik suddenly became a winner? Because before that, he was pretty much a loser.

What about when Jeremy Shockey broke his leg? Did Coughlin become a winner? I guess Kevin Gilbride became a winner, too.

Shannahan was a winner with Elway and Davis. Is he still a winner a decade later? What about Holmgren?

I'm not seeing this.

When Tom Brady replaced Drew Bledsoe, Bill Belichik suddenly became a winner? Because before that, he was pretty much a loser.

What about when Jeremy Shockey broke his leg? Did Coughlin become a winner? I guess Kevin Gilbride became a winner, too.

Shannahan was a winner with Elway and Davis. Is he still a winner a decade later? What about Holmgren?

Spot on!

Dungy is stoic in his personal demeaner, but not in his approach to the game.

Jauron is stoic in both, that's the difference.

And by the way, have you been watching the 49ers play tonight? They're reflecting..........

I'll assume you were going to say the 49ers are reflecting Singletary's fire as a head coach. Let me know when Singletary wins a game as a HC.

I agree..look at what teams with dynamic coaches win ...stoic coaches produce stoic results...no enthusiasm, no way to overcome adversity...

Stoic is only good if you're winning. Jauron is on the same path now as he was in Chicago. There when he couldn't produce wins he remained stoic and unemotional which only further infuriated fans and management. Fans couldn't get him out of there fast enough. The same will happen in Buffalo if he can't produce results. It'll be ugly.

Stoic is only good if you're winning. Jauron is on the same path now as he was in Chicago. There when he couldn't produce wins he remained stoic and unemotional which only further infuriated fans and management. Fans couldn't get him out of there fast enough. The same will happen in Buffalo if he can't produce results. It'll be ugly.

So you think this town would be any happier with a coach that went 7-9 every year and acted aggravated about it? Guess again.

Jauron is a moron. And I quote from his post game press conference "I gotta find ways to help this team win." WTF? If he doesn't know already he deserves to be put out in the parking lot with a pink slip and a one way plane ticket out of town.

Plus if he knows, he should definitely spell it out in the presser. The fans deserve the information.

I don't agree on the personality though. All the yelling and screaming in the world isn't gonna make Trent's arm any less weak.

BS

If you have a great QB your coach will be a good winner. This coaching this is a bunch of BS. Honestly the coach is as good as his players. A coach can make up some ground, but not that much.

When we were 4-0 you were all happy with DJ. You change with the weather.

The Cleveland Browns were clearly a reflection of their head coach when they went 6-10 in 1991, 7-9 in both 1992 and 1993, and 5-11 in 1995. That Belichick guy must be such a dope!

The LA Raiders were clearly a reflection of their head coach when they went a combined 8-12 in in 1988 and part of 1989. By the same token, the Denver Broncos were clearly a reflection of that same head coach when they went 8-8 in 1995, 6-10 in 1999, 8-8 in 2001 and 7-9 in 2007. I don't even need to look at anything more: that Shanahan guy obviously never accomplished anything!

The Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans were a reflection of their head coach when they went 1-5 under him in 1994, 7-9 in 1995, 8-8 in '96, '97 and '98, 7-9 in 2001, 5-11 in 2004, and 4-12 in 2005. That Jeff Fisher guy is such a loser!

Great post, great thread! You're a genius!

The Cleveland Browns were clearly a reflection of their head coach when they went 6-10 in 1991, 7-9 in both 1992 and 1993, and 5-11 in 1995. That Belichick guy must be such a dope!

The LA Raiders were clearly a reflection of their head coach when they went a combined 8-12 in in 1988 and part of 1989. By the same token, the Denver Broncos were clearly a reflection of that same head coach when they went 8-8 in 1995, 6-10 in 1999, 8-8 in 2001 and 7-9 in 2007. I don't even need to look at anything more: that Shanahan guy obviously never accomplished anything!

The Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans were a reflection of their head coach when they went 1-5 under him in 1994, 7-9 in 1995, 8-8 in '96, '97 and '98, 7-9 in 2001, 5-11 in 2004, and 4-12 in 2005. That Jeff Fisher guy is such a loser!

Great post, great thread! You're a genius!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!