My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

Let's get this out of the way first: it's only one game and we're still 5-4. All is well!

Is everyone as disappointed w/ the coaching as I am? It just appears the team is ill prepared and unable to make adjustments. Even a clueless Randy Cross pointed out how the Bills were running vs stacked fronts and throwing vs deep safety coverage. I know I've never spent a minute in the NFL, but Cross did and he didn't seem to know what the Bills were up to.

The offensive line was, again, truly offensive. Is Derrick Dockery just that determined to show that the Bills made a mistake in signing him? Another week, another missed block or two. Or nine. Not that the other linemen were stellar or anything, as Preston looked 'bout as strong as Fowler (as Wilfork walked him back to the QB) and Chambers got beat like a drum by Ty Warren. Ugh!

Ryan Denney blocked a couple passes. That's something, right? Anyone else have an accolade for the D line? Anyone? Hello?

Did Keith Ellison look just a bit too light out there, as he was getting knocked out of plays consistently? Maybe I was seeing things again.

Even though McGee gave up a ton of height to Moss, he sure did make a nice couple pass defenses in the game. Aside from that, I didn't see much from the secondary. Simpson's boneheaded penalty early in the game must have set the tone.

Marshawn Lynch. Yeah, some Beast Mode! This guy is a bust. I know; I read it here last week. I mean really, can't you get more than 3 yards per rush while carrying an additional 700lbs of lineman w/ you? You suck. Fred Jackson should start 'cause he can get yards w/ no blocking. He's awesome.

James Hardy caught passes this week!!!!!!! We're on our way.

The question remains: is Trent regressing, or is he just another JP Losman/Rob Johnson type? The jury is still out. He's made some great plays for the Bills, but he's also made some really stupid plays. Sound familiar? Anyhow, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but he'd better screw his head on right and start playing better.

Dick Jauron's challenge/non-challenge; what's up w/ that? Also, what's up w/ the poor clock management and lack of any kind of mid-game adjustments? I guess the rule is, "If it's broke, oh well".

Sorry if I didn't scream and holler enough and agonize my way through this one Buffalo Bills, but you have to understand something: I was all spent by the time you guys got to me. I know you have the right to rip the heart right out of my chest and all, but if you want your piece of heart this week, you'll have to contact the good folks in University Park PA. They took it all on Saturday; work it out w/ them.

As for this team, I'm very disappointed @ the resurgence of the "Same Old Bills" recently, but my approach to this team will mirror the approach of a character in the movie "Rocky II". Mickey, Rocky's trainer, went to visit Rocky @ the hospital while Rocky's wife was in a coma (slipped into one after childbirth). After begging Rocky to "stand up and fight this guy (Apollo Creed) hard," Mickey said that he was w/ Rocky no matter what. If Rocky wanted to blow the whole thing, he'd blow it w/ him. If he wanted to stay @ the hospital instead of train for the upcoming fight, Mickey would stay w/ him. I hear ya, Mick. If the Bills want to do what it takes (fix the pass rush, interior O line, devise schemes to keep offenses/defenses off balance so that they don't see us coming from a mile away), I'm right there w/ 'em. If they want to just trudge along and possibly go 7-9 for a third straight year, I'm w/ 'em just the same. I may not be too jubilant, but I'm w/ 'em.

I think Trent is just going through growing pains. I also noticed Randy Cross' observations that when you have a run call and see there are 8 men stacked in the box, you need to audible to a pass. If the coaches are not letting him do that, that's on them. But if Trent knows the play call is not going to work, he needs to be able to change it at the line.

This is all part of the learning process that he's going through. He has to adjust to the league making adjustments to him. Good QBs do this....we saw how JP didn't do this well at all. The next games against Miami, NYJ, & NE* will tell us how well he adjusts.

Is everyone as disappointed w/ the coaching as I am? It just appears the team is ill prepared and unable to make adjustments. Even a clueless Randy Cross pointed out how the Bills were running vs stacked fronts and throwing vs deep safety coverage. I know I've never spent a minute in the NFL, but Cross did and he didn't seem to know what the Bills were up to.

Dick Jauron's challenge/non-challenge; what's up w/ that? Also, what's up w/ the poor clock management and lack of any kind of mid-game adjustments? I guess the rule is, "If it's broke, oh well".

As for this team, I'm very disappointed @ the resurgence of the "Same Old Bills" recently, but my approach to this team will mirror the approach of a character in the movie "Rocky II". Mickey, Rocky's trainer, went to Rock @ the hospital while Rocky's wife was in a coma (slipped into one after childbirth). After begging Rocky to "stand up and fight this guy (Apollo Creed) hard," Mickey said that he was w/ Rocky no matter what. If Rocky wanted to blow the whole thing, he'd blow it w/ him. If he wanted to stay @ the hospital instead of train for the upcoming fight, Mickey would stay w/ him. I hear ya, Mick. If the Bills want to do what it takes (fix the pass rush, interior O line, devise schemes to keep offenses/defenses off balance so that they don't see us coming from a mile away), I'm right there w/ 'em. If they want to just trudge along and possibly go 7-9 for a third straight year, I'm w/ 'em just the same. I may not be too jubilant, but I'm w/ 'em.

Coaching decisions/non-decisions are driving me crazy. Offensively we are once again predictable. Challenge/non challenge? WTF was up with that? Jauron had plenty of time to toss the red bean bag. If he tossed it and it wasn't noticed by a ref that's DJs fault. If we need a designated bean bag tosser comb the waver wire and sign up someone who can throw that puppy where it will be seen. End of the half we don't try for points. We don't go for it. We let the clock tick down and then we take a TIME OUT? Again, WTF? Take the penalty or kick the damn ball if yer too chicken to go for the FG or first down. Then, after letting time slip away what do we do...we call time out after the pats* can't generate any yardage. How did that work out? Oh, they ran out the clock? Oh, never mind.

I know there is sarcasm regarding Hardy, but...he does seem to be getting a bit better. Recognizing blitzes, cutting off routes etc.

Good Rocky reference. Cut me Mick!!!

Oh, one other thing...Steelers/Indy & Giants/Philly...real live American NFL football.

If the Bills want to do what it takes (fix the pass rush, interior O line, devise schemes to keep offenses/defenses off balance so that they don't see us coming from a mile away), I'm right there w/ 'em. If they want to just trudge along and possibly go 7-9 for a third straight year, I'm w/ 'em just the same. I may not be too jubilant, but I'm w/ 'em.

Thanks old friend, for summing up what I have been trying to say for years in one paragraph. :thumbsup:

I think Trent is just going through growing pains. I also noticed Randy Cross' observations that when you have a run call and see there are 8 men stacked in the box, you need to audible to a pass. If the coaches are not letting him do that, that's on them. But if Trent knows the play call is not going to work, he needs to be able to change it at the line.

This is all part of the learning process that he's going through. He has to adjust to the league making adjustments to him. Good QBs do this....we saw how JP didn't do this well at all. The next games against Miami, NYJ, & NE* will tell us how well he adjusts.

he did change the call on the third and goal - from a pass to a run.......marshawn was promptly stuck with a 3 yard loss with the pats defenders not even hesitating on the play

if that is how trent audibles i'd rather he keeps his mouth shut

he did change the call on the third and goal - from a pass to a run.......marshawn was promptly stuck with a 3 yard loss with the pats defenders not even hesitating on the play

if that is how trent audibles i'd rather he keeps his mouth shut

That's just one play....if the results were similar after a larger sample, then fine. But don't ban him from calling and audible at the line because one play didn't work. That's like giving a QB one game to prove himself.

That's just one play....if the results were similar after a larger sample, then fine. But don't ban him from calling and audible at the line because one play didn't work. That's like giving a QB one game to prove himself.

i'm not saying ban him, but i'm also not impressed.........that was about the worst possible audible he could make........sophomore or not, he shouldn't be making those mistakes........i understand that not everyone heard the audible, but that is something he has to account for when he decides to change the play..........i'd rather see him run the play as called and tuck it under his arm vs. calling a play which is designed for failure

Audibles will determine how well we do for the rest of the year. If they turned it off, I am going to snap.

Let's get this out of the way first: it's only one game and we're still 5-4. All is well!

The offensive line was, again, truly offensive. Is Derrick Dockery just that determined to show that the Bills made a mistake in signing him? Another week, another missed block or two. Or nine. Not that the other linemen were stellar or anything, as Preston looked 'bout as strong as Fowler (as Wilfork walked him back to the QB) and Chambers got beat like a drum by Ty Warren. Ugh!

Ryan Denney blocked a couple passes. That's something, right? Anyone else have an accolade for the D line? Anyone? Hello?

Did Keith Ellison look just a bit too light out there, as he was getting knocked out of plays consistently? Maybe I was seeing things again.

Even though McGee gave up a ton of height to Moss, he sure did make a nice couple pass defenses in the game. Aside from that, I didn't see much from the secondary. Simpson's boneheaded penalty early in the game must have set the tone.

Marshawn Lynch. Yeah, some Beast Mode! This guy is a bust. I know; I read it here last week. I mean really, can't you get more than 3 yards per rush while carrying an additional 700lbs of lineman w/ you? You suck. Fred Jackson should start 'cause he can get yards w/ no blocking. He's awesome.

The question remains: is Trent regressing, or is he just another JP Losman/Rob Johnson type? The jury is still out. He's made some great plays for the Bills, but he's also made some really stupid plays. Sound familiar? Anyhow, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, but he'd better screw his head on right and start playing better.

Sorry if I didn't scream and holler enough and agonize my way through this one Buffalo Bills, but you have to understand something: I was all spent by the time you guys got to me. I know you have the right to rip the heart right out of my chest and all, but if you want your piece of heart this week, you'll have to contact the good folks in University Park PA. They took it all on Saturday; work it out w/ them.

As for this team, I'm very disappointed @ the resurgence of the "Same Old Bills" recently, but my approach to this team will mirror the approach of a character in the movie "Rocky II". Mickey, Rocky's trainer, went to visit Rocky @ the hospital while Rocky's wife was in a coma (slipped into one after childbirth). After begging Rocky to "stand up and fight this guy (Apollo Creed) hard," Mickey said that he was w/ Rocky no matter what. If Rocky wanted to blow the whole thing, he'd blow it w/ him. If he wanted to stay @ the hospital instead of train for the upcoming fight, Mickey would stay w/ him. I hear ya, Mick. If the Bills want to do what it takes (fix the pass rush, interior O line, devise schemes to keep offenses/defenses off balance so that they don't see us coming from a mile away), I'm right there w/ 'em. If they want to just trudge along and possibly go 7-9 for a third straight year, I'm w/ 'em just the same. I may not be too jubilant, but I'm w/ 'em.

No its not well........take the blinders off!

Why no deep drops? Why no roll outs?

Trent has lost his confidence, he had a swagger about him early in season....IT"S GONE.

The play-calling has been horrid the last 3 games, we're too pass-happy, we have to RUN THE BALL!

Until Lynch gets 25 carries a game (regardless if it's working or not) we will continue to LOSE>>>>>>>>