Did Dick Challenge the Call?

Frez

How did they get the word down to Walt Coleman then? He never went to the booth and put on the headset. The broadcasters were told that it was reviewed to cover their asses.

Bob Kraft just texted him the correct call.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't move anymore than anyone else does on any given play. That call was total BS. O-lineman are always turning their heads and they never get called for that.

Exactly. I even yelled out that he never did anything. This was the one time that Peters did nothing wrong and the Bills got shafted.

I've never seen so many "bad" calls go the Patriots* way than they have over the past 2 years.

How did they get the word down to Walt Coleman then? He never went to the booth and put on the headset. The broadcasters were told that it was reviewed to cover their asses.

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that the refs talked on the field and made the call, the both agreed with the call, therefore no challenge. They made the right call.

Dick said he "dropped" the flag but failed to throw it. He said he needs to get down the sideline and throw it so that refs can see the flag. He is such a goofball. What a loser (literally).

He needs to weight it and throw it at a Zebra. Maybe they can borrow Billy Buffalo's T-shirt gun and shoot it to the Zebra.

Of course some Texas dick would still complain about Dick's performance.

Was it ever known if Dick threw the challenge flag on the play that was caught out of bounds by Welker I believe? I think the announcers said he threw the flag but the cameras never actually went to a red flag on the field.

What actually happened?

Speaking of Jauron, can someone explain to me why the Bills took a timeout before their punt with a minute and a half left in the first half? They called timeout with 1 second left on the play clock to save 5 yards when they were punting from the Patriots side of the field already! I understand that there was no guarantee that they would pin the Pats or that the Pats would go 3 and out, both of which happened, but that's just basic football strategy. I just don't get how a man with a Yale degree and 40 years in the NFL can make mistakes like that, but he continues to perplex with his sideline inefficiency.

The refs didn't lose this game for Buffalo.

I am not so sure Frez.

Things like "momentum" and "tone" are important. As are Confidence and Fear. When the first Cheaters drive had a Horrible call on Simpson, followed by a HORRIBLE call on Welkers catch, and the refs "not seeing" the red flag, or Dickie Douchebag not throwing it, i believe that the game was lost in the very first five minutes. We had no shot from that moment on.

So did the refs cost us this game or not?

Exactly- and while we're on the topic, I'd like to mention Peters' phantom false start (the encroachment on the play would have resulted in a first), or the BLATANT hold on a third down play in the second half where KW (IIRC) was literally DRAGGING #84 behind him, otherwise WIDE open to the QB. The result of that play was a completion for a first.

Yeah, that hold on Denney really pissed me off!

Was it ever known if Dick threw the challenge flag on the play that was caught out of bounds by Welker I believe? I think the announcers said he threw the flag but the cameras never actually went to a red flag on the field.

What actually happened?

He threw the flag late and barely off the sideline - none of the officials saw it and they just ran the next play. I was sitting up - WAY UP in section 305 - so I could see the Bills sideline. Like a dope I yelled "hey, he threw the flag" at the officials (like there was any prayer of them hearing me from up there) right before Cassel snapped it. ... I could see the welker catch on myside too and he appeared to not have control of it when he was going out of bounds - but of course they didn't show the replay of it on the jumbo until after the next play was run.

It is the refs job to recognize that he threw the flag. If it was on the playing field, it is on the refs to recognize it.

How many refs on the field Todd? It is Jauron's job to make sure it is seen come hell or high water. It is not any refs job to watch the HC to see if he needs anything. Throw the damn beanie and hit one of 'em if you have to.

Exactly. I even yelled out that he never did anything. This was the one time that Peters did nothing wrong and the Bills got shafted.

I've never seen so many "bad" calls go the Patriots* way than they have over the past 2 years.

Peters had his finger stretched out when he put his hand down, then he lowered his fingers causing him to move downward/forward just a bit. He technically moves but it surely is a brutal flag. I figured they said to themselves "Just give it to 'em"

How many refs on the field Todd? It is Jauron's job to make sure it is seen come hell or high water. It is not any refs job to watch the HC to see if he needs anything. Throw the damn beanie and hit one of 'em if you have to.

here's the thing. i'm sitting in my house in albany with my 9 year old watching the game. the welker catch looked iffy on high def, and i expect the refs to call it right. the guy missed it, it happens, and it's a fast game. tough break it followed the questionable penalty, but for the love of God. i'm a reasonably passive guy, but if you're going to throw the flag, throw it. if jauron is capable of being the chief administrator of a professional football team, he should not need "toss the flag" training. what really irritates me is that this was a 20 yard pass play, not a 4 yard gain with a hurry up and get to the line offense to deal with. we had [plenty of time to review it. cassel moved his guys 60 or 70 feet, called a play and got them set, and hiked the ball and we're still trying to figure out how to get their attention. and---AND--even if all else fails and they miss the flag, call a frigging timeout and give them a chance to see it, AND---AND--- LIGHT SOMEONE UP WHEN THEY MISS IT. i kicked my leather ottoman 7 feet when i saw the replay and realized we missed a chance to bring it back. it's fine to be under control, but show some emotion somewhere.

here's the thing. i'm sitting in my house in albany with my 9 year old watching the game. the welker catch looked iffy on high def, and i expect the refs to call it right. the guy missed it, it happens, and it's a fast game. tough break it followed the questionable penalty, but for the love of God. i'm a reasonably passive guy, but if you're going to throw the flag, throw it. if jauron is capable of being the chief administrator of a professional football team, he should not need "toss the flag" training. what really irritates me is that this was a 20 yard pass play, not a 4 yard gain with a hurry up and get to the line offense to deal with. we had [plenty of time to review it. cassel moved his guys 60 or 70 feet, called a play and got them set, and hiked the ball and we're still trying to figure out how to get their attention. and---AND--even if all else fails and they miss the flag, call a frigging timeout and give them a chance to see it, AND---AND--- LIGHT SOMEONE UP WHEN THEY MISS IT. i kicked my leather ottoman 7 feet when i saw the replay and realized we missed a chance to bring it back. it's fine to be under control, but show some emotion somewhere.

timmo, timmo, timmo...DJ needed that time out for the punt at the end of the first half.

timmo, timmo, timmo...DJ needed that time out for the punt at the end of the first half.

ah...strategery. i'm thankful he was able to get someone's attention that time.

dj:uh...timeout..."

officialdid someone say something???"

dj: 'yeah, i wanna maybe call timeout..."

official:"i think my ears are ringing, i keep hearing things..

dj"over here sir...in the second row...timeout...timeout..timeout"

official: dj, there's 70000 people screaming. get the marbles out of your mouth dude. and next time, throw the flag on field, not behind the bench."

If that's the case, then I totally missed it on the slow-motion replay being projected in HD on the wall 8 feet in front of me.

In slow motion you can see peters "rocking" a little bit, so it could be interpreted as a false start. however, you will also see that NE's d-end or outside LB was lined up offside at the time peters moved, so it should have been offsides, defense, lining up in the neutral zone. funny how the side judge saw peters moving but not the NE players head clearly across the plane. bs....

At that time I think we were out of time outs and therefore couldn't challenge the call.

Actually , that play was within the last 2 minutes of the game... We could not challenge. The play would have had to be reviewed upstairs in the booth...

Dick said he "dropped" the flag but failed to throw it. He said he needs to get down the sideline and throw it so that refs can see the flag. He is such a goofball. What a loser (literally).

Yeah god forbid he actually shows a pulse & runs down the sideline making sure the refs see it. F*ck Dick Jauron & his Yale education.

Dick said he "dropped" the flag but failed to throw it. He said he needs to get down the sideline and throw it so that refs can see the flag.

He needs to study the film of the Nick Saban, ex Fish coach, last year when that happened to him. The next week he ran out on the field in front of the ref to make sure he saw it. The coach is allowed to run on the field and throw a red hanky at the ref. There's no excuse for this.

Hey Corp, on that play it hit McIntyre's left fingers before it went 10 yards. You can see it from the endzone view of the play. Very slight, but it DID hit his fingers first before anything else.

Also, on a play like that, why not just blast it low at the other guys. They'd never be able to field it cleanly.

And the no challenge/challenge on the Welker out of bounds catch just started the whole day off wonderfully.

And that late hit call on Simpson against Moss. What a joke!

Come on, did anyone expect our team to beat the Patriots in New England?

LAST PLACE IN THE AFC EAST.

Karma for your Avatar haha