Kirk Chambers at RG?

FluffHead

I have to say I would be all for a little bit of shuffling on the O-Line. The Preston-Whittle C-RG combination might be the worst in the NFL.

From BuffaloBills.com:

Chambers at guard

By Chris Brown - Posted November 7th, 2008

Bills swing tackle Kirk Chambers was lined up at right guard with the first unit during the portion of practice that is viewed by the media. There appears to be a chance that Chambers will line up there for the Bills on Sunday if Jason Whittle and Brad Butler are both not fit to play.

Both Butler and Whittle were out on the practice field, but have been limited in practice all week. We’ll have an update on their status for Sunday following practice.

I thought they should have done this the minute our starting RG went down.......

The problem was that Fowler was hurt (and sucking) so Preston seemed better at center. Whatever. This line ain't coming together this year. I just hope Trent makes it through the rest of the season and keeps showing growth despite having zero running game.

Just a prediction but just watch and see how well RG plays this weekend....

The fact is that Chambers has so far outplayed Jason Peters who is supposed to be our best linemen.....and you always try to get your best players on the field....

Chambers also has more in the wallet as Whittle is undersized and now just play bad. This is probably a upgrade to the postiion

The fact is that Chambers has so far outplayed Jason Peters who is supposed to be our best linemen.....and you always try to get your best players on the field....

Chambers also has more in the wallet as Whittle is undersized and now just play bad. This is probably a upgrade to the postiion

I agree, I like Chambers allot, he played fantastic at LT while Peters was holding out. I hope he plays!! :thumbsup:

CAPTAIN KIRK always found a way to make it happen..

Maybe chambers was named after James T...

Why not? Butler and Chambers are both similiar in size and both are or once were tackles (I believe Butler played T in college) so I would expect the same type of play should Chamber start at RG. Only thing is, do we activate Bell as our main backup tackle then?

Sorry, but I'm not as excited about another 6'7 guard that Wilfork can just walk into the backfield all game long. Chambers had one decent game against a bum shoulder Patrick Kerney and people have been yelling get him in the line up blah blah blah......Well, looks like your wishes shall be granted, and it won't be pretty. :w00t:

I know it would be shuffling the line, but wouldn't Walker at RG and Chambers at RT be a better fit for both? I know if it were, the Bills would have experimented, but I don't understand why its not. Walker has experience at guard, Chambers does not. Chambers is a stick, Walker is not. I dunno, I guess its me.