1. 1. Who did you vote for?

• Charles Baldwin - Independent Party
    • Robert Barr - Libertarian Party
    • John McCain - Republican Party
    • Cynthia McKinney - Green Party
    • Ralph Nader - Natural Law Party
    • Barack Obama - Democratic Party
    • Other

Ok gang...since many here (wisely) avoid the evils of PPP, I thought we'd have an little OTW tabulation.

Let's please avoid the political discourse here, since it usually turns ugly and it would be fun to keep this OTW. If you feel the need to rip a candidate, there are plenty of ongoing threads at PPP.

Thanks

Ok gang...since many here (wisely) avoid the evils of PPP, I thought we'd have an little OTW tabulation.

Let's please avoid the political discourse here, since it usually turns ugly and it would be fun to keep this OTW. If you feel the need to rip a candidate, there are plenty of ongoing threads at PPP.

Thanks

I wasted my vote on Baldwin..

Romney in 012!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

Caught some of Luke Russert's reporting from Indiana University on NBC, and I was very impressed by his poise, his knowledge and how comfortable he looked carrying his father's legacy.

We were saying the same thing about Edwards after a couple games. Give Russert time to develop. Comparing him to a Hall of Famer is fair to neither one.

Guest dog14787

I'm proud to be an American,

The best man won in Barrack Obama and it speaks volumes for this great country we live in. I'm proud of our Country and proud of all the folks that came out and voted the way their hearts told them to vote regardless of a mans race or the color of his skin.

The message is loud and clear, All men are created equal.

God Bless Barrack Obama, protect him and protect our country from all who try to bring us down.

Barrack Obama is a special man, at a special time, in a special place.

God bless this great Country.

The best man won in Barrack Obama and it speaks volumes for this great country we live in. I'm proud of our Country and proud of all the folks that came out and voted the way their hearts told them to vote regardless of a mans race or the color of his skin.

God Bless Barrack Obama, protect him and protect our country from all who try to bring us down.

I refuse to touch your keyboard after that post.

McCain's biggest mistake was never actually getting around to telling me what HIS plans for America were … what HE was all about. Instead, campaign ad after campaign ad … sound bite after sound bite … his campaign kept trying to tell me what Obama was all about. And frankly, I think Obama was already doing a good job telling me what Obama was all about. But nobody ever told me what John McCain’s vision for our nation’s immediate future was. And that is what we should have been getting from the McCain campaign. I refused to vote for “unknown” as a choice. And that's a shame, because I sense McCain is a good man. Just my two cents ...

Did Barry approve that message before you typed it?? :oops::P:lol::o:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

McCain's biggest mistake was never actually getting around to telling me what HIS plans for America were … what HE was all about. Instead, campaign ad after campaign ad … sound bite after sound bite … his campaign kept trying to tell me what Obama was all about. And frankly, I think Obama was already doing a good job telling me what Obama was all about. But nobody ever told me what John McCain’s vision for our nation’s immediate future was. And that is what we should have been getting from the McCain campaign. I refused to vote for “unknown” as a choice. And that's a shame, because I sense McCain is a good man. Just my two cents ...

Yeah I think that was one of his biggest mistakes as well. It was very clear during the third debate. Obama would detail his plan (agree or disagree) and McCain would respond with "Yeah? Well you sir, are a retard." Sometimes he'd even flip Obama off with both hands at the same time.

It's as though he tried to run on a platform of nebulous "conservative values" and we all should just understand what that meant.

I didn't/couldn't/wasn't allowed to vote but.....

....and I know this isn't PPP but......

From watching from half a world away I was filled with a sense of pride in my fellow man. Politics aside, it was only 40 years ago that MLK was killed advocating civil rights.......and now there is a black man in the White House. This really renews my faith in humanity.

It shows that change can happen(for the better). It takes time, but it does happen.

Well done USA :oops:

What I don't understand is all the ball washing over voting in a black man. It shouldn't matter what color he is and I'd be willing to bet that if he didn't have all the newly registered black voters that have either no idea what his ideals are or no idea what he really stands for he wouldn't have won. As a military guy, I can't get past his lack of experience, especially in world matters. I got tired of watching guys like Lil Wayne get on stage with the "fight the power" mentality saying "vote Barack". Lil Wayne is a felon and can't even vote. So I personally feel he WAS voted in simply because the color of his skin.

I voted for McCain and wish he would've won. He didn't so I'll stand by Barack Obama as my new Commander in Chief and pray that his smooth talking ways aren't just that. I pray that he does turn this country around and that he's one of the best we've ever had. Good luck Barack. You have a lot of work ahead.

Guest dog14787
Yes He Can

:oops: Barack, sorry I spelled your name wrong.

By the way, Trent Edwards is a huge fan of yours so I think you should become a Bills fan in return. :unsure:

Also, I hope you can calm Russia down without starting world war 3, and don't take no BS from them.

Cheers :beer:

What I don't understand is all the ball washing over voting in a black man. It shouldn't matter what color he is and I'd be willing to bet that if he didn't have all the newly registered black voters that have either no idea what his ideals are or no idea what he really stands for he wouldn't have won......

My point is absolutely regardless of politics. Personally I think a (predominantly) two party system based on personal popularity is not the best way to pick the best person for the job......it is however besides the point.

You are correct, it shouldn't matter what colour he is.......and that is the point. Throughout American history it has mattered what colour a persons skin is. It has mattered a huge amount. It shouldn't have.....but it did. 40 years ago America went through a social upheaval.....people marched through the streets.....people tried to make their voices heard, the inherent racism in the culture was put on public display.......people were killed for this.

The concept that as a Nation the USA has progressed to the point where skin colour doesn't matter to the extent it did in the past is a HUGE thing. When faced with the petty hatreds, bigotries and irrationalities every day by our fellow man......it is affirming to humanity that change(albeit over time) can actually occur.

Guest dog14787
What I don't understand is all the ball washing over voting in a black man. It shouldn't matter what color he is and I'd be willing to bet that if he didn't have all the newly registered black voters that have either no idea what his ideals are or no idea what he really stands for he wouldn't have won. As a military guy, I can't get past his lack of experience, especially in world matters. I got tired of watching guys like Lil Wayne get on stage with the "fight the power" mentality saying "vote Barack". Lil Wayne is a felon and can't even vote. So I personally feel he WAS voted in simply because the color of his skin.

I voted for McCain and wish he would've won. He didn't so I'll stand by Barack Obama as my new Commander in Chief and pray that his smooth talking ways aren't just that. I pray that he does turn this country around and that he's one of the best we've ever had. Good luck Barack. You have a lot of work ahead.

Barack Obama won because our country believes he's the better man for the job, period. :unsure:

Barack Obama won because our country believes he's the better man for the job, period. :unsure:

So you're saying that nobody voted for him just because he's black? :oops: AFN plays the Tom Joyner show here at night and I was coming home from the gym listening and heard with my own ears them sitting there and saying, over the radio, that if you are black you have to vote Obama. A black caller said he was voting McCain and he was slaughtered by the program. So go ahead and live in your little fantasy world. :beer: