2008-9 Syracuse University Basketball Thread

bills44

Of course, if SU hits their layups, or if AO is a competent FT shooter, we're not having this discussion

The damage of the missed layups was massively softened by the 1,200 offensive rebounds we got in the 1st half. And I thought Cuse was bad at giving up 2nd chance points, man - that USF is the worst team from a BCS conference I've seen in a while; they can't shoot, rebound, defend the post, or get back on defense. The only thing they did well was defend penetration. That it was a 1 possession game at the end is a real head-scratcher, but it is a conference road win, so whatever I guess.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read about the dunk; hopefully it'll be on espnews or something.

Good to be 4-0 heading into the murderer's row portion of the schedule (wait have I said this before?).

I'd be shocked if it wasn't #1 on ESPN's Top 10.

As to your second point - heh.

Nice. How strange is it that I had to switch from espnews to sportscenter to get it on tv?

The AP article made it sound like he was taunting the dunkee but it didn't look that way at all; just having some fun with the crowd. <3 Johnny

I agree. From that clip, he wasn't looking down at the Rutgers' player, at all.

The boys from Niagara Falls High look like they've played a game, or two, together.

They are really starting to come into their own Deano & I am really starting to get excited about the success SU could enjoy in March. I really think they are a matchup problem for most teams & are going to be a very tough out in the Dance. They will lose some games in the Big east just because the B east is stacked, but their grueling schedule should have them tournament ready. I know it is still early but I really see them no lower then a 4 seed, with the slight possibility of them being a 2 seed. Most likely a 3 seed though.

Brutal stretch coming up. Nine of the next 10 games are against ranked teams.

Who isn't ranked in the BE this year?

How about G-Town's schedule? Why in the world would you schedule Duke now? Was JT III thinking, "We've got to play 4 top-10 teams; let's throw in a non-conference game in January against the #2 team while we're at it." Brutal!

That's a weird prediction.

Ha! Let me explain. I really think we can play with all three teams and perhaps go 3-0. But I swear every time we see ND, that McClarney burns us for like nine 3's. We cannot play any zone against ND and win on Saturday. I think G-Town, in a way, might be looking past us to Duke. And I think for once we have the big bodies to hang with Pitt.

Who knows? It's going to be tough-- we could 3-0 or 0-3, but I'd be thrilled with 2-1.

I thought we were playing ok early @ 10-2 but just missed some layups and every missed layup seemed to bounce right to them. Not sure why JB took a time out there and not in the middle of the half when we were getting run off the freaking floor.

Summers is a little b!tch.

Rautins play looked awful. F&^% this is a disaster.

Ha! Let me explain. I really think we can play with all three teams and perhaps go 3-0. But I swear every time we see ND, that McClarney burns us for like nine 3's. We cannot play any zone against ND and win on Saturday. I think G-Town, in a way, might be looking past us to Duke. And I think for once we have the big bodies to hang with Pitt.

Who knows? It's going to be tough-- we could 3-0 or 0-3, but I'd be thrilled with 2-1.

Well just thought weird since it was the only home game of the 3. ND has been better than us the last couple years; I'm not sure about this year - they play about as much defense as SU tonight.

Thank God if reports of Rautins being OK are true.