James Hardy?

Why isn't he making more plays? You would think that with all of the single man coverage that he recieved totay going up against a 5-11 4th round draft pick that he would have at least made some plays today. Wouldn't yah!!!!! I know that he is stil very inexperienced and raw but if you look around the league at the other rookie wideouts statistics at least they are making some plays. Ex. Donny Avery-23 receptions for 363 yards 2 td's, James Hardy 7 receptions for 66 yards 1 td.

Why isn't he making more plays? You would think that with all of the single man coverage that he recieved totay going up against a 5-11 4th round draft pick that he would have at least made some plays today. Wouldn't yah!!!!!

I think you said enough when you put "James Hardy?."

That's a very good point. Blame TURK!

Nice edit. You're partially right. But in the end Hardy is running the routes, and Trent is not throwing to him, so it's either Hardy isn't running routes well, or Trent isn't throwing to him for reasons unknown.

Most likely its a combination of Hardy being slow developing by nature and our offense not really being designed around a player like he is.

I get the feeling Trent isn't used to having a target like Hardy. Aside from the early TD pass, I've yet to see Edwards place a ball appropriately for Hardy. That's not to say Hardy's lack of production is completely Edwards' fault. I mean, even if you're a big physical receiver you have to run good routes and get open, which it seems Hardy is still struggling with. If/When Edwards and Hardy get on the same page they can be lethal, Hardy is a freak of an athlete and his speed is very deceptive.

Why isn't he making more plays? You would think that with all of the single man coverage that he recieved totay going up against a 5-11 4th round draft pick that he would have at least made some plays today. Wouldn't yah!!!!! I know that he is stil very inexperienced and raw but if you look around the league at the other rookie wideouts statistics at least they are making some plays. Ex. Donny Avery-23 receptions for 363 yards 2 td's, James Hardy 7 receptions for 66 yards 1 td.

Never count your chickens before they are hatched. Just because a guy is drafted high doesn't mean he can play. It's pretty obvious James Hardy isn't a very good WR. He can't shake a defender to get open, and doesn't know how to position his body to make a catch by shielding the CB. He's a guy that will catch an occasional fade pattern in the red zone but that's all I see from him. A legit #2 WR opposite Lee Evans remains a high priority this off-season.

Never count your chickens before they are hatched. Just because a guy is drafted high doesn't mean he can play. It's pretty obvious James Hardy isn't a very good WR. He can't shake a defender to get open, and doesn't know how to position his body to make a catch by shielding the CB. He's a guy that will catch an occasional fade pattern in the red zone but that's all I see from him. A legit #2 WR opposite Lee Evans remains a high priority this off-season.

Have you ever watched football before? Was Eric Moulds a bad wide receiver because he didn't have a million touchdowns as a rookie.

Have you ever watched football before? Was Eric Moulds a bad wide receiver because he didn't have a million touchdowns as a rookie.

I've been watching football for over 35 years son. Stop with the excuses already. When Moulds played as a rookie you could see he was special. The guy made plays and had to be accounted for. In a half a season James Hardy has made one significant play against Jax. He's basically a decoy out there. And this from a team with a desperate need for a #2 WR. He couldn't beat out Josh Reed which should tell you all you need to know.

I don't think that Hardy is a bad WR, but he's definitely having a battle adjusting to the pro game. Everything is new for him. He was the only option at IU so he was working with the QB extensively every week. He's battling for PT around here and isn't outshining the other guys yet. He also hasn't developed any form of chemistry with Trent just yet. Give it time and you will see that he will be OK. The guy is extremely talented. Hopefully he gets the mental part down and puts in the work with TE to be a success around here.

Well you're going to be awful disapointed as I doubt they are going to use another high draft pick on a reciever when they have other needs. Did you read Matt Millon's book on how to build a football team? That's Detroits recipe for years, give up immediately on whomever you picked and pick his replacement by the following year, and get rid of the first guy by the year after. Hey it worked for Millon for what 8 years before they figured it out.

A legit #2 WR opposite Lee Evans remains a high priority this off-season.

I don't think that Hardy is a bad WR, but he's definitely having a battle adjusting to the pro game. Everything is new for him. He was the only option at IU so he was working with the QB extensively every week. He's battling for PT around here and isn't outshining the other guys yet. He also hasn't developed any form of chemistry with Trent just yet. Give it time and you will see that he will be OK. The guy is extremely talented. Hopefully he gets the mental part down and puts in the work with TE to be a success around here.

I don't understand why you can say he is "extremely talented." Where is that coming from? I just don't see it on the field. Again, just because a guy is drafted high doesn't mean he can play.

That sentence alone proves my point. You don't know what you're talking about.

Sorry, Josh Reed is a nice slot receiver not a legit #2 receiver. Remember when Peerless Price went to ATL and Josh Reed started opposite Eric Moulds? Yea, that worked out well. You don't know what your talking about.

I don't understand why you can say he is "extremely talented." Where is that coming from? I just don't see it on the field. Again, just because a guy is drafted high doesn't mean he can play.

Please, be more ignorant and pessimistic, there aren't enough Bills fans falling under that category right now.

It's a bit soon to throw in the towel on him.

Watched alot of Big 10 football and he was the IU team. The opposite team knew he was going to get the ball every week, but couldn't really stop him. He IS extremely talented, but we have to wait to see if it translates to NFL success.