Oh my God our coaching is horrible

Gisele

Go for it on 4-1 early

Fake a punt on your own 20 w/ the game NOT on the line (subsequently having to use your challenge)

Use 3 time outs because you couldn't get the play in

Blow a timeout on a ridiculous challenge.

Not to mention the horrible play calling all game

Go for it on 4-1 early

Fake a punt on your own 20 w/ the game NOT on the line (subsequently having to use your challenge)

I had no problems going for it. I always want to and we normally don't. I know a lot of people do too, it was interesting to see a little bit of a ballsy decision like that. If you have quarrels for the play, then you may have a point, but there was nothing wrong with that decision.

The fake punt was actually successful, and while it was awful, and took a lot of energy out of the players as it dragged on for ever in review, to be honest, they caught them off guard, and Moorman picked it up, and it was a phantom-call away from continuing the most important drive a football game (the start of the second half). IMO, that decision was shocking, but made a statement that they were pissed and wanted points. That play had no repercussions.

The challenge was awful and just solidifies my previous assessment that we might not actually have a credible person in the booth reviewing these things.

If anyone thinks our coaching the past few games isn't completely terrible then they are wrong. You simply cannot defend it. Its terrible. I hate to say it but Jauron has no clue.

The coaches the past few games has not been completely terrible.

I had no problems going for it. I always want to and we normally don't. I know a lot of people do too, it was interesting to see a little bit of a ballsy decision like that. If you have quarrels for the play, then you may have a point, but there was nothing wrong with that decision.

The fake punt was actually successful, and while it was awful, and took a lot of energy out of the players as it dragged on for ever in review, to be honest, they caught them off guard, and Moorman picked it up, and it was a phantom-call away from continuing the most important drive a football game (the start of the second half). IMO, that decision was shocking, but made a statement that they were pissed and wanted points. That play had no repercussions.

The challenge was awful and just solidifies my previous assessment that we might not actually have a credible person in the booth reviewing these things.

Just to clarify my statement, I agree with what you are saying.

The overall scheme of Bills football is what loses us the game, not going for it on 4th and 1...

What did they do specifically that you thought was horrible?

Why can't they get the offensive plays into the huddle on time? It seemed like Trent was coming to line with 10 seconds or less every time and if there was any motion or the Jets were showing different looks, the snap was rushed. That resulted in the fake snap by Preston right before the Pick 6 and other plays that just looked out of sync.

Why can't they get the offensive plays into the huddle on time? It seemed like Trent was coming to line with 10 seconds or less every time and if there was any motion or the Jets were showing different looks, the snap was rushed. That resulted in the fake snap by Preston right before the Pick 6 and other plays that just looked out of sync.

That's more because the Offense is not run by Trent Edwards. There are plenty of other teams that take their time calling-plays, if that's all you can come up with, you're probably complaining about the wrong thing.

The coaches the past few games has not been completely terrible.

The offensive philosphy this team is using is killing them..You have to stick to the running game and give it a chance..2 weeks in a row they have gotten worse..Let the big boys attack instead of protect....That is coaching and it has been putrid..

The offensive philosphy this team is using is killing them..You have to stick to the running game and give it a chance..2 weeks in a row they have gotten worse..Let the big boys attack instead of protect....That is coaching and it has been putrid..

You're not making any sense. You're saying to keep running, but it's not working. There are arguments for why the team has been "putrid," but to say the coaches have been because the run is not working really makes no sense to me.

You're not making any sense. You're saying to keep running, but it's not working. There are arguments for why the team has been "putrid," but to say the coaches have been because the run is not working really makes no sense to me.

How many times did they run the ball today? Our oline if nothing else is large..If you dont think that after 30 minutes of them hitting you wont take a toll on a defense then you dont watch football..I understand they run for 2 yards a pop today but they stopped trying..You cant do that and win games....I use to watch Riggins run for 2 and 3 yards all day then in the 4th quarter he rushes for 6o yards..Why? Because there large great oline beat up on defenses all day..They didnt blow people out they stayed close till the end when their running game took its toll..Marshawn needs 25 - 30 carries a game..He is lucky to get 12..They have to stick with it..Besides that is it easier to run forward or backward? Now weigh in at 330 and play 3 quarters of your time on the field ruinning backwards with someone hitting you..It takes a toll on the oline instead of the defense..It sucks to watch a team gain no yards running but in the end you have to keep at it..Mix it up at the least..I saw numerous times today they went pass all series..You cant do that and win..

Go for it on 4-1 early

If they make it on 4th and one then Jauron's a genius. The fake punt would've worked except for a penalty.

People B word about the play calling be too conservative and then complain when the calling isn't conservative enough.

:thumbsup:

Our defensive playbook is about 3 plays deep. Favre, Warner, Rivers, and Pennington have had no problem figuring that out.

Our offensive strategy wastes about 40% of our plays running into a brick wall, hoping we can convert on 3rd downs. If we tried getting the 1st down on all 3 plays, maybe we would get more 1st downs.

How can you think our philosophy has been good?

Yeah...we have a big O-line...

We moved the ball well despite abandoning the run, we just hit a very disheartening turnover in the second quarter that was a 10 point minimum turnaround.

Because of this we played catch up. When you're playing catch-up against the 4th best run defense in the league, you have two options. You can pass and try to accumulate yards and points fast, or you can slowly attempt to establish the run, late in the game and pray your O-line does stuff it hasn't been able to do.

Now, most of the time you can wear down the D. But 2 yard gains times 3 = 6 yards. I don't know why you would plug away at what wasn't there.

I think we should run the ball more if we can. In this game however, I understand their decision.

If they make it on 4th and one then Jauron's a genius. The fake punt would've worked except for a penalty.

People B word about the play calling be too conservative and then complain when the calling isn't conservative enough.

:thumbsup:

agreed.

Phantom call? That looked like a pretty clear cut case of holding.

If anyone thinks our coaching the past few games isn't completely terrible then they are wrong. You simply cannot defend it. Its terrible. I hate to say it but Jauron has no clue.

The Bills moved the ball all day and shut the Jets down for the most part. They lost because of turnovers and a talent deficiency on the offensive line (Preston and Whittle stink). That's hardly the coaches' fault.

Phantom call? That looked like a pretty clear cut case of holding.

I consider all non-blatant holding calls "phantom-calls" because its all the discretion of he referee's mood. He clearly did not want us to get a first down.

The Bills moved the ball all day and shut the Jets down for the most part. They lost because of turnovers and a talent deficiency on the offensive line (Preston and Whittle stink). That's hardly the coaches' fault.

You are in Denial, since the St Louis game we have had the same glaring issues. We can't get off the field on Defense and we can't run the ball. Every game since then our coaches have done nothing to develop a scheme to surprise and confuse the other team, same old BS and we get owned. Then the same old excuses, we tried hard, they made the plays, BS> YThis team is in quicksand one more loss and the entire season will unravel.

Yes it is. It is the coaches that decide who stays and who goes.

Since you feel there is a talent problem, then you need to address the people who are responsible for that.

And that would be the coaches.

You are in Denial, since the St Louis game we have had the same glaring issues. We can't get off the field on Defense and we can't run the ball. Every game since then our coaches have done nothing to develop a scheme to surprise and confuse the other team, same old BS and we get owned. Then the same old excuses, we tried hard, they made the plays, BS> YThis team is in quicksand one more loss and the entire season will unravel.

You're standing on a ledge. You're the one in denial.

I consider all non-blatant holding calls "phantom-calls" because its all the discretion of he referee's mood. He clearly did not want us to get a first down.

What does a player have to do to make it blatant? Tackle the other player? Oh ... wait ... I think the Bills player essentially did that ...

in the open ....

in front of the official ...

I question his decision to rush Edwards back from his concussion- he clearly is slower in making reads and is making poor decisions. Prior to the brain injury (which is what it is), his decision making and quick reads helped mask the deficiencies at center and right tackle. The decision to rush him back was as bad as what Cleveland did to Derek Anderson heading into the season.

It didn't seem like we had intention to try to run on the Jets. Every team runs on us on 3rd and 1, we know it's coming, yet they convert. You know why? Because most of the time, it's easy to gain one yard even when the other team knows it is coming.

Instead, it was throw on 3rd and 1, then going for it on 4th and 1. Then when the sport was poor, and the coaches had a benefit of a commercial break to look at the video type, there was no challenge.

That sequence of events was a microcosm of the coaching problems lately.

What does a player have to do to make it blatant? Tackle the other player? Oh ... wait ... I think the Bills player essentially did that ...

in the open ....

in front of the official ...

It was the correct call. Even Coach April knew it.

I question his decision to rush Edwards back from his concussion- he clearly is slower in making reads and is making poor decisions. Prior to the brain injury (which is what it is), his decision making and quick reads helped mask the deficiencies at center and right tackle. The decision to rush him back was as bad as what Cleveland did to Derek Anderson heading into the season.

Wow. I hope you're joking.

Is coming back after two weeks rushing him back? It is not as if Trent played poorly against S.D. I don't think that's the problem.

Is coming back after two weeks rushing him back? It is not as if Trent played poorly against S.D. I don't think that's the problem.

San Diego plays one of the most straight up defenses in he league- YES, coming back two weeks after a concussion DEFINITELY is being rushed back. Just because you don't see the injury doesn't mean that it isn't there. Concussions heal slowly.

By the way- Troy Aikman NEVER should have seen his team until weeks after Superbowl XXVIII. The trainers and doctors should have final call on who can play- not the GM, not the coach and not the owner.

This has set Trent's recovery way back and was a horrible move. If they can't trust JP for a few games, they should cut him now

San Diego plays one of the most straight up defenses in he league- YES, coming back two weeks after a concussion DEFINITELY is being rushed back. Just because you don't see the injury doesn't mean that it isn't there. Concussions heal slowly.

By the way- Troy Aikman NEVER should have seen his team until weeks after Superbowl XXVIII. The trainers and doctors should have final call on who can play- not the GM, not the coach and not the owner.

This has set Trent's recovery way back and was a horrible move. If they can't trust JP for a few games, they should cut him now

You're so wrong it's not even funny.

You're so wrong it's not even funny.

Trent is fine. I truly believe that if the offense was opened up a little he would shine. I'm not saying we should throw deep ten times a game, but an occassional end around, half back pass or a throw to a tackle eligible would make me happy. Hell, just run a hurry up every now and again. It really isn't that hard.

San Diego, 'Nuff said

I think teams are just learning how to show him defensive looks he's not used to and with more experience he'll show more improvement. Teams are seeing how to rattle him and confuse him.

Trent is fine. I truly believe that if the offense was opened up a little he would shine. I'm not saying we should throw deep ten times a game, but an occassional end around, half back pass or a throw to a tackle eligible would make me happy. Hell, just run a hurry up every now and again. It really isn't that hard.

I don't know why you quoted me... but you're right for the most part.

Sorry, but I work with a number of athletic trainers who are pretty knowledgable. I think I'll listen to them over you, murra.... no offense

Sorry Adam, as someone who has had 4 concussions in their lifetime, I can refer to MYSELF, in knowing that after the first one, two weeks is enough time to get back to 100%. Concussions become a problem only when they pile up on you. Troy Aikman and Tim Connolly for example, fully recovered from their first concussion, but were unable to respond to multiple ones down the road.

Playing hockey my whole life, my talent dropped only after my third concussion, and I have trouble reading and have constant migraines to this day. In between my first and second one, however, I was fine.

Like I said, you're wrong. You don't know what you're talking about and I hope you "knowledgeable athletic trainers" haven't been falsely preaching to you.