The bottom line: The O-line kills everything

You can't win if you can't run the ball. If all you do is pass, then defenses can tee off on you. That is what we are seeing. Nobody respects our run game. All you Peters apologists can start defending that tub of crap right now. Where's Mister-pay-me-like-a-Pro-Bowl-Left-Tackle? Fowler? His head is doing a Linda Blair from rushers going by him. Whittle? I have never seen a lineman who doesn't notice a blitzer run by him by inches...INCHES!! So stop debating over JP/TE. We could have Tom friggin' Brady in there and he would suck just as bad behind our fat tub of dog crap O-line.

PTR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously our o-line is going to be a problem all year. We need to learn to win in spite of it so I have to disagree with your post. If Brady was a QB today we win without a doubt. Its cute to think Edwards is going to have 6 seconds every play to throw but he's not, face it. He needs to make good decisions and take care of the ball.

Obviously our o-line is going to be a problem all year. We need to learn to win in spite of it so I have to disagree with your post. If Brady was a QB today we win without a doubt. Its cute to think Edwards is going to have 6 seconds every play to throw but he's not, face it. He needs to make good decisions and take care of the ball.

Brady or whoever would be less effective if you have no run game. And we have none. Don't you get it??? If the D knows you can't run, they drop everyone back in pass protection. One-dimensional teams are ineffective.

PTR

I know Brady can recognize double coverage on a slot receiver and doesn't throw a pick 6 in the red zone.....meaning we win the game. The Jets had normal personnel on the field 90% of the time, and Edwards had a TE open on several plays. Again, I don't disagree that the o-line is playing very poor, but they are not the reason we lost today.

You can't win if you can't run the ball. If all you do is pass, then defenses can tee off on you. That is what we are seeing. Nobody respects our run game. All you Peters apologists can start defending that tub of crap right now. Where's Mister-pay-me-like-a-Pro-Bowl-Left-Tackle? Fowler? His head is doing a Linda Blair from rushers going by him. Whittle? I have never seen a lineman who doesn't notice a blitzer run by him by inches...INCHES!! So stop debating over JP/TE. We could have Tom friggin' Brady in there and he would suck just as bad behind our fat tub of dog crap O-line.

PTR

It isn't that simple. TE had plenty of time to throw the ball today. He was sitting back there and not getting rid of the ball quick enuff. Did the O line mess that play up?? of course. Is our run blocking atrocious?? yes.

But if TE doesnt make idiot decisions today and get so spaced out in the red zone we still win this game.'

A good chunk of blame goes to Trent. A good chunk goes to the zero run blocking. A good chunk goes to zero the passrush

I know Brady can recognize double coverage on a slot receiver and doesn't throw a pick 6 in the red zone.....meaning we win the game. The Jets had normal personnel on the field 90% of the time, and Edwards had a TE open on several plays. Again, I don't disagree that the o-line is playing very poor, but they are not the reason we lost today.

The O-line is why we have lost every game this year.

PTR

It isn't that simple. TE had plenty of time to throw the ball today. He was sitting back there and not getting rid of the ball quick enuff. Did the O line mess that play up?? of course. Is our run blocking atrocious?? yes.

But if TE doesnt make idiot decisions today and get so spaced out in the red zone we still win this game.'

A good chunk of blame goes to Trent. A good chunk goes to the zero run blocking. A good chunk goes to zero the passrush

Did it ever occur to you the reason TE is holding on to the ball is because the Jets are dropping 8 into coverage because they know the Bills can't run? Again it all comes back to the O-line.

PTR

Did it ever occur to you the reason TE is holding on to the ball is because the Jets are dropping 8 into coverage because they know the Bills can't run? Again it all comes back to the O-line.

PTR

....it all comes back to the O-LIne....AND the quarterback holding the ball too long and not throwing it out of bounds.

PTR

How do you expect these arguments to work now when these exact same arguments didn't work when JP was laboring and suffering from the exact same team deficiencies? And once again, Trent's pick six had NOTHING to do with either line that I could see. Nor did his two straight sacks he took in the red zone that ultimately led to the missed field goal.

PTR

The Jets had 7 in coverage for most of the game and still played very soft or manned under. Even when they played nickel they played C3, Royal and Fine were open all day long. Trent can't block for himself so he needs to do what's needed to win.

How do you expect these arguments to work now when these exact same arguments didn't work when JP was laboring and suffering from the exact same team deficiencies? And once again, Trent's pick six had NOTHING to do with either line that I could see. Nor did his two straight sacks he took in the red zone that ultimately led to the missed field goal.

Then fine. Cut Edwards. Start JP. Throw a party. WHoohoo.

PTR