Is the board going to be overrun

bills44

with posts of the "Hey people, the Bills are fine", and "If I was told before the season that the Bills would be 5-3 after 8 games" variety?

Face it - the team has taken a serious step backwards. Defense can't stop anyone, and does not seem to adjust mid-game to respond to the opponents. The defense still can't tackle.

The offense has become painfully predictable, and seems unable to complete a pass 30+ yards downfield. Edwards seems to have lost confidence.

Don't get me started on the coaching, and the painfully poor use of TOs/replay challenges

Oh, and the team is 0-2 in the division.

with posts of the "Hey people, the Bills are fine", and "If I was told before the season that the Bills would be 5-3 after 8 games" type posts?

Face it - the team has taken a serious step backwards. Defense can't stop anyone, and does not seem to adjust mid-game to respond to the opponents. The defense still can't tackle.

The offense has become painfully predictable, and seems unable to complete a pass 30+ yards downfield. Edwards seems to have lost confidence.

Don't get me started on the coaching, and the painfully poor use of TOs/replay challenges

They have taken a big step backwards, to be sure. Fewell isn't making any attempt to change the defensive scheme when the Bills are getting ripped with the passing game and the offensive line, which is where it all starts, or stops, is just ponderous. They couldn't even make a 6 inch push on 4th and inches. This team is not showing the ability to make any changes on offense or defense and that does not bode well.

with posts of the "Hey people, the Bills are fine", and "If I was told before the season that the Bills would be 5-3 after 8 games" type posts?

I'm sure you will have your fair amount of ooober homers that will sing that tune. They will be the same ones that IF the Bills lose against NE, will say "at least we're still above .500". The fact is, it's absolutely disgusting that this team has dropped 3 out of 4 games. Two of them, (Miami and NYJ) were teams that won a COMBINED 5 games last season. But some fans have the rose colored glasses permanently attached to their faces. They will go down singing that ever optimistic tune, just like the band on the Titanic.

...this was a HOME game. A HOME game. We should have won. This is the type of loss that's going to sink into this team. Especially after the LOSS at Miami last week.

1/2 way through the season and I think the best is behind us.

Chalk this loss up to Fewell's inability or unwillingness to make any defensive changes and the offensive line's inability to produce any kind of a running game. My Yami and the Jets dinked and dunked us to death and Fewell did nothing to stop it.

I'm sure you will have your fair amount of ooober homers that will sing that tune. They will be the same ones that IF the Bills lose against NE, will say "at least we're still above .500". The fact is, it's absolutely disgusting that this team has dropped 3 out of 4 games. Two of them, (Miami and NYJ) were teams that won a COMBINED 5 games last season. But some fans have the rose colored glasses permanently attached to their faces. They will go down singing that ever optimistic tune, just like the band on the Titanic.

Then dude I'm with the band.

The Bills have not beat a team this year with a winning record. Sound familiar? At some point, if you're a playoff team, you have to beat teams with winning records. I don't believe Jauron has a single win against a team with a winning record yet in Buffalo. Maybe 1or 2 back in '06. Somehow though, that record earns you a nice contract extension.

That's a problem that DJ and company are not going to be able to get away from.

Jets and Phins walking right past the Bills, and this is just the start.

Jets didn't win this game so much as the Bills lost it

- fumble leading to FG - 3 pt adv Jets

- Bills going in for TD when receiver slips, Jets return for TD - 14 pt swing for Jets

- Lindell makes 53 yd FG into wind and misses a 40 some yarder - wash

- several sacks of Edwards

- 9 pt loss

When we had the momentum in the 1st hald, we didn't do anything with it. This is 2nd week where a series of mistakes and errors cost us the game. Gotta win the division games or we don't have any hope of getting into the playoffs. Let's hope they're ready for the Pats next week...

- Bills going in for TD when receiver slips, Jets return for TD - 14 pt swing for Jets

- 9 pt loss

When we had the momentum in the 1st hald, we didn't do anything with it. This is 2nd week where a series of mistakes and errors cost us the game. Gotta win the division games or we don't have any hope of getting into the playoffs. Let's hope they're ready for the Pats next week...

...Well it looks like they're going into Foxboro with a full head of steam. :thumbdown:

I guess some of us are just Bills Fans For Life...what a bunch of rerards, huh? :thumbdown:

BTW- how long have some of you been watching football...the panic that sets in, after a loss, has always been extreme, particularly when your team is not awful. This years Bills team is better than last years, but, they may not be ready to win the Super Bowl, as so many NumNuts4Life had anticipated, after a 4-0 start. Lets' let the season play out, before we fire everyone, bench anyone we can't fire, and move the team to Toronto...what if they go 10-6? That might not even guarantee them a playoff spot, but don't you think you, and other "diehard4Life" will feel like they are on the right track? Truth is, this team is decent, can compete with other teams for the first time in some years, but they still have major flaws...not unlike 31 other teams in the league...

I guess some of us are just Bills Fans For Life...what a bunch of rerards, huh? :thumbdown:

BTW- how long have some of you been watching football...the panic that sets in, after a loss, has always been extreme, particularly when your team is not awful. This years Bills team is better than last years, but, they may not be ready to win the Super Bowl, as so many NumNuts4Life had anticipated, after a 4-0 start. Lets' let the season play out, before we fire everyone, bench anyone we can't fire, and move the team to Toronto...what if they go 10-6? That might not even guarantee them a playoff spot, but don't you think you, and other "diehard4Life" will feel like they are on the right track? Truth is, this team is decent, can compete with other teams for the first time in some years, but they still have major flaws...not unlike 31 other teams in the league...

So, what are you saying? That I should be doing freaking cartwheels that we just lost back-to-back division games?

One at home in front of a crowd that deserved a much better performance. The other to a Miami team that blew up their roster last season and are in the infancy of a rebuilding process. This doesn't sit well with me. Sorry if I don't embrace defeat as willingly as you do.

So, what are you saying? That I should be doing freaking cartwheels that we just lost back-to-back division games?

One at home in front of a crowd that deserved a much better performance. The other to a Miami team that blew up their roster last season and are in the infancy of a rebuilding process. This doesn't sit well with me. Sorry if I don't embrace defeat as willingly as you do.

I think the point is that you don't have the right to insult those of us who decide to remain optimistic about something we've become so emotionally tied to.

Aren't we all "oober homers?" If you weren't an uber-Bills fan, what the hell are you doing on this board?

How is their win/loss record last season relevant today?

- 9 pt loss

I laughed when Boomer Esiason said the same thing: "The Bills are really trying to give this game away"

I think the point is that you don't have the right to insult those of us who decide to remain optimistic about something we've become so emotionally tied to.

Aren't we all "oober homers?" If you weren't an uber-Bills fan, what the hell are you doing on this board?

Hey man, I was there pulling for this team till the bitter end. When Favor threw the pick 6 I thought we could pull it out. I've been a fan of this team for at least 33 years. It doesn't mean that I have to be giddy about this current decade of futility. Now, having lost 3 of 4, things don't look so !@#$ing good. So scuse me while I vent a while.

Is the board going to be overrun.....

with posts of the "Hey people, the Bills are fine", and "If I was told before the season that the Bills would be 5-3 after 8 games" variety?

I sure hope not.

Everybody knows that positive, optimistic people suck and it's waaaayyyyy more fun to be surrounded by miserable whiners!

I sure hope not.

Everybody knows that positive, optimistic people suck and it's waaaayyyyy more fun to be surrounded by miserable whiners!

I agree with you. Which is surprising because I took you for the other side of the fence type.

No, I am not saying you (and I don't mean just you!) should be doing cartwheels, just that it helps to keep things in perspective, rather than getting ready to jump off a cliff whenever things go bad. I am not thrilled either. The extreme reactions to losses here, are not unlike the tantrums that Terrell Owens is reviled for, when things don't go his way.

The Bills lost today, like they did last Sunday, and a few weeks before that, in Arizona. But, remember, they won 5 games too. Does losing to the Jets and Dolphins indicate that there is no hope that they will win again? Does today's loss indicate that they have no hope of making the playoffs? I don't think so. There were plenty of bad things that happened today, but, lost in the bloodletting, is that the team came out ready to play, and was in position to be up 21-3 in the first quarter. That didn't happen today, or last week, but it could happen other weeks...

Because some people can't take losses and they freak out on message boards without thinking.

Are you kidding me Murra? Freaking out without thinking? The Dolphins finished 1-15, the Jets 4-12, and we lose to both of them. So what, is it time for a schitz-n-giggle fest? You are so not money and don't even know it baby.

Are you kidding me Murra? Freaking out without thinking? The Dolphins finished 1-15, the Jets 4-12, and we lose to both of them. So what, is it time for a schitz-n-giggle fest? You are so not money and don't even know it baby.

Wrong. Those were tough loses. This one more so. But the sky is not falling. We found out a lot about this team, and I think that a win next week will spin the whole board overboard...in the other direction.

To be fair, I didn't think your assessment of their record last year was out-of-line, I was just sort of plugging in my distaste for obsessively negative fans and quoting the guy who called you out fit quite well.

Hey man, I was there pulling for this team till the bitter end. When Favor threw the pick 6 I thought we could pull it out. I've been a fan of this team for at least 33 years. It doesn't mean that I have to be giddy about this current decade of futility. Now, having lost 3 of 4, things don't look so !@#$ing good. So scuse me while I vent a while.

It isn't the venting that has me up in arms, its the insulting of those of us who decide to go about this in a different, more optimistic way.

"I'm sure you will have your fair amount of ooober homers that will sing that tune. They will be the same ones that IF the Bills lose against NE, will say "at least we're still above .500". The fact is, it's absolutely disgusting that this team has dropped 3 out of 4 games. Two of them, (Miami and NYJ) were teams that won a COMBINED 5 games last season. But some fans have the rose colored glasses permanently attached to their faces. They will go down singing that ever optimistic tune, just like the band on the Titanic. "

It isn't the venting that has me up in arms, its the insulting of those of us who decide to go about this in a different, more optimistic way.

"I'm sure you will have your fair amount of ooober homers that will sing that tune. They will be the same ones that IF the Bills lose against NE, will say "at least we're still above .500". The fact is, it's absolutely disgusting that this team has dropped 3 out of 4 games. Two of them, (Miami and NYJ) were teams that won a COMBINED 5 games last season. But some fans have the rose colored glasses permanently attached to their faces. They will go down singing that ever optimistic tune, just like the band on the Titanic. "

All right, kumbaya. I'm going to crack open a cold one and check out the late games. My blood pressure is down a few points. The problem is, I can't shake the feeling that I've seen this movie before.

Reality is what you make of it.

Well, this is what I see:

1. The OL is an absolute mess, especially as far as run blocking is concerned;

2. The DL is completely unable to generate pressure on the QB;

3. Edwards doesn't seem to be the same -- I don't know if he's rattled, or if he's not completely healthy (maybe a combination of the two);

4. The coaching staff makes the same mistakes over and over (e.g. waiting too long to get plays in, questionable challenges). The biggest issue with the staff to me is their inability/refusal to adjust to the opposition.

Given the way that the Bills threw away (literally, today) the past two games, and are now 0-2 in the AFCE, it's hard for me to be optimistic about the remainder of this year.

Does anyone really disagree with points 1-4 above?

All right, kumbaya. I'm going to crack open a cold one and check out the late games. My blood pressure is down a few points. The problem is, I can't shake the feeling that I've seen this movie before.

And I'm off to watch the Knicks hopefully give me some silver lining here. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

They have taken a big step backwards, to be sure. Fewell isn't making any attempt to change the defensive scheme when the Bills are getting ripped with the passing game and the offensive line, which is where it all starts, or stops, is just ponderous. They couldn't even make a 6 inch push on 4th and inches. This team is not showing the ability to make any changes on offense or defense and that does not bode well.

That was a crappy spot on the 4th down run. That would have been a good place for a replay.

I agree completely. We are done. honestly the best we can hope for now is 2-4 in the division (best case). That is 7 losses minimum. Not to mention we have to go into arrowhead (not a lock for the way we are playing) and we have to go into mile high... give me a break. 8-8 here we come.

I would have preferred we lost week 2 to jacksonville so my freaking hopes didnt get up. I feel sick to my stomach.

I agree completely. We are done. honestly the best we can hope for now is 2-4 in the division (best case). That is 7 losses minimum. Not to mention we have to go into arrowhead (not a lock for the way we are playing) and we have to go into mile high... give me a break. 8-8 here we come.

I would have preferred we lost week 2 to jacksonville so my freaking hopes didnt get up. I feel sick to my stomach.

Max, maybe you have been rooting for the Bills for too long. Why to you assume that the very worst case scenario will play out for the Bills, and none of the other 15 teams in our conference? Remember, back in the late 80's when the Jets got off to something like a 9-2 start? Paul Maguire, then working for NBC, said "this is the worst 9-2 team I have ever seen...they won't win another game this season." Maguire got tons of hate mail from Jets fans, and NBC was urged to fire him (those innocent pre-inernet days!), by Jets fans. Well, the Jets went 9-7 for the season, and missed the playoffs...the worst things don't happen to the Bills, and nobody else...keep your chin up. This team is 5-3, with exactly half a season to go. Nobody else, in their division is any better at this point. They are 0-2 in their division, but still have 4 more games to play. A few plays in each of these last few losses had gone their way, and they could very well have won both games. This is not likely a Super Bowl team (nobody really expected that, did they?), but the playoffs are still very much in play for them.

I am one, prior to the season, felt as though the Bills were no better than a 7 or 8 win team, again. I believe, however, that I have seen enough, despite the painful losses, to think that this team is not nearly as bad as they might feel right now...if they beat the Pats next week, I bet everyone feels a little better. Beat the Pats, and then the Browns on MNF, and we are making Super Bowl plans again. It is a season of ebbs and flows...we live and die with our team, I understand, but there are still some lifelines left in this season. I gurantee you, Giants fans were feeling pretty miserable about their team last season too...

If that sounds too optimistic for some, sorry. To me it is more realistic than assuming that nothing will ever go the Bills way the rest of the season, while every other team will sprint to the finish line. Is the season half over, or is there still another half of a season to go?