Negative Fans

coltrane34

Why do you like the Bills?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you think that you are a Bills fan?

• To support the city
    • Because you like the players
    • Its a badge of honor
    • Like the coaching staff
    • Its our Local team
    • Grew up cheering for Bills
    • Like to second guess players and coaches from my moms basement
    • A tough decade for Bills has made me feel better about my bad decisions
    • A spitirual bond with team no mattter who is playing/coaching
    • Like America/Buffalo you bleed red, white, and blue
    • Can't get them out of my dreams/nightmares

I just find all of the negativity on this board for a 5-2 team very discouraging. I don’t think fans are used to a winning team. It’s not always pretty, and you should not expect them to be perfect. But this team has made significant strides this season and is young enough that they will only get better with more experience. We are at the beginning of a change in the AFC East Paradigm; so get out of your old habits of trashing this team and get behind them. They are a good team thats only going to get better.

Can I say all of the above? Except for my Mom's basement as it is about a thousand miles away. However if I had easy access to it I would check the box anyway. I think people tend to be negative on boards like this one because it is easier to do as compared to being positive. A former boss of mine also characterized the situation well - he would say "for some people complaining is like breathing, they have to do it to survive."

I would add to your list one more thing - I am a Bills fan because I genuinely respect Bills fans. I have lived in a couple different NFL cities and Bills fans are loyal, insightful and passionate. In most cities a decade of subpar teams would have caused the fan base to atrophy - not in buffalo - if anything we revel in the misery.

Good topic . :worthy:

Guest dog14787

I was born in Buffalo, I live and breath Buffalo sports teams, (Bills/Sabres) its all I've ever known as long as I can remember and I wouldn't have it any other way :worthy:

I didn't take place in the poll.

Growing up my father had the mentality of NEVER giving up, never quit something you started. My dad is a Bills fan, and he always pointed to the Bills as a team that never gave up even with how hard things got they always kept on fighting. That's what im trying to teach my son right now. And besides, I have visited WNY for many things including trips to Niagra Falls, Darien Lake, and of course Bills games and honestly I think its the best part of NY in general. Its a great area to raise a family in. I know the economy is not great, but really its the family and the love of everyone up there is what makes it the best.

But thus far my sons heading in the right direction as a Bills fan......little story....we both were watching the Chargers game and it was a game where he actually sat with me and watched it. When Kawika Mitchell grabbed that INT to finish off the game, as soon as he got the INT my 5 year old son jumped off the couch screaming ALL DAY BABY ALL DAY and pounded his chest.......

I just find all of the negativity on this board for a 5-2 team very discouraging. I don’t think fans are used to a winning team. It’s not always pretty, and you should not expect them to be perfect. But this team has made significant strides this season and is young enough that they will only get better with more experience. We are at the beginning of a change in the AFC East Paradigm; so get out of your old habits of trashing this team and get behind them. They are a good team thats only going to get better.

Amen brutha. Just look at Dan's post that I have in my sig lines. I think that says it all. I can understand a little worry about the other shoe dropping but it's a small worry. I think the FO and coaching staff are headed in the right direction.

The doom and gloomers feel that when they win it's not by enough, when they lose it's complete doom and the players and coaches all suck and the Bills need to change both.

If you harp on a team for not making the SB every year your expectations are too high. Thirty teams don't make the SB every year. We've been spoiled by the teams of the 90's.

If the Bills make the playoffs this year then I'll be happy. If they win a playoff game I'll be very happy, if they win two playoff games I'll be ecstatic and if they go to the SB I'll have a heart attack.

You make a good a good point, and I like your optimism.

I would like to make a few points:

Bills fans are the most loyal fans in any sport. We remain die hard, loyal fans no matter how many let downs weve had. 4 consecutive superbowl losses, the music city miracle, 15 starting qb's since jim kelly, and no playoffs for 10 years.

With all of the let downs we have suffered as fans of the Bills, we would never drop the Bills for another team. Thats loyalty

There is no fan that can compare to a Bills fan. Thats a fact....somehow.

You make a good a good point, and I like your optimism.

I would like to make a few points:

Bills fans are the most loyal fans in any sport. We remain die hard, loyal fans no matter how many let downs weve had. 4 consecutive superbowl losses, the music city miracle, 15 starting qb's since jim kelly, and no playoffs for 10 years.

With all of the let downs we have suffered as fans of the Bills, we would never drop the Bills for another team. Thats loyalty

There is no fan that can compare to a Bills fan. Thats a fact....somehow.

Have you read some of the posts he's talking about?

Guest dog14787

It doesn't change anything though, Bills fans are still the most loyal fans around, we just complian allot, thats all. :worthy:

Ive read some negative posts, but Im unsure as to whether or not you are referring to specific posts. I skip through alot of the posts. Some people talk nonsense so I skip over them. I typically read your posts, because you post content worth reading - as do others. And I like Steely Dan.

Can you elaborate on your question?

Ive read some negative posts, but Im unsure as to whether or not you are referring to specific posts. I skip through alot of the posts. Some people talk nonsense so I skip over them. I typically read your posts, because you post content worth reading - as do others. And I like Steely Dan.

Can you elaborate on your question?

The constant harping on the hiring of Dick Jauron, the drafting of Whitner, the so called inept front office, the coordinators are clueless, Ralph Wilson is the anti-Christ and the 5-2 record means nothing because when all of those things are added together the team sucks. I'm sure I've forgotten some of them but those are the ideas that come to mind right now.

It's not so much the ideas as the way they are presented. Some people can't seem to separate the ideas from the people posting them or are too pushy about those ideas they will claim you know nothing about football because you disagree with them. These people seem to be here only to criticize the Bills. If the Bills were to win the SB this year it wouldn't be by enough, or the other team handed the Bills the game, they were lucky on several plays or all of the above.

BTW, thanks for the props man! :rolleyes: Backatcha!

Guest dog14787
The constant harping on the hiring of Dick Jauron, the drafting of Whitner, the so called inept front office, the coordinators are clueless, Ralph Wilson is the anti-Christ and the 5-2 record means nothing because when all of those things are added together the team sucks. I'm sure I've forgotten some of them but those are the ideas that come to mind right now.

It's not so much the ideas as the way they are presented. Some people can't seem to separate the ideas from the people posting them or are too pushy about those ideas they will claim you know nothing about football because you disagree with them. These people seem to be here only to criticize the Bills. If the Bills were to win the SB this year it wouldn't be by enough, or the other team handed the Bills the game, they were lucky on several plays or all of the above.

BTW, thanks for the props man! :rolleyes: Backatcha!

Everyone has something to complain about or an issue they feel strongly about from time to time. Thousands of folks get together on TBD and for the most part, get along pretty well. Thanks in part to the moderators and thanks in part to the Bills fans.

We are the best fans in the world and we all have one big thing in common, we love our Buffalo Bills.

Like one big happy, well sometimes not so happy family, thats us, Buffalo Bills fans.

Its game day folks and I feel a win!!! DO YOU FEEL IT!!!!!

Everyone has something to complain about or an issue they feel strongly about from time to time. Thousands of folks get together on TBD and for the most part, get along pretty well. Thanks in part to the moderators and thanks in part to the Bills fans.

We are the best fans in the world and we all have one big thing in common, we love our Buffalo Bills.

Like one big happy, well sometimes not so happy family, thats us, Buffalo Bills fans.

Thank you for a wonderful game day post. :rolleyes:

This game is making me nuts. This game ranks in importance either at or above the level of the SD game imo. With a win, we would be pretty comfortable for a wild card even with a loss to NE (heaven forbid). Two consecutives wins would all but insure us a playoff seat, let alone a probable division title.

And yes.....we are the best fans of any team in any sport; certainly the most entertaining. :worthy:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest dog14787

Confidence, what happened to all the confidence? We lost 3 of the last 4 games now, I know my confidence is slipping.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to jinx us :wallbash: