40 mins into today's show, schopp & bulldog

bananathumb

Only the Friday before an important division home game and these guys are talking hockey.

Does the station actually have a program director? Is everyone who works there hockey first, football only if forced.

bandwagon network for the bandwagon crowd, and before all of you get all huffy I can safely bet most sabres "fans" didn't care about that terrible team and terrible organization before 05-06

dude...they are the network for the sabres. They pay to be able to cover the sabres and carry the games. Thats why they focus so much on them, the top of their page has a sabres symbol and there isnt even a bills category on their menus. Ideally, if we want to hear bills talk we would got 97 rock but they play music all the other times. They are the sabres network, they conver the bills because they are in buffalo too but their primary focus is always going to be the sabres so long as they are the radio network for them. Its not that big of a deal

dude...they are the network for the sabres. They pay to be able to cover the sabres and carry the games. Thats why they focus so much on them, the top of their page has a sabres symbol and there isnt even a bills category on their menus. Ideally, if we want to hear bills talk we would got 97 rock but they play music all the other times. They are the sabres network, they conver the bills because they are in buffalo too but their primary focus is always going to be the sabres so long as they are the radio network for them. Its not that big of a deal

To follow on that, because they don't have the rights for the Bills, they can't use logos and names. They'll get a cease-and-desist letter if they do. It's happened before.

Only the Friday before an important division home game and these guys are talking hockey.

Does the station actually have a program director? Is everyone who works there hockey first, football only if forced.

1. Hockey is a better sport

2.They don't talk more hockey then football

3. Bill's fanatics want sports talk to be 100% Bills 24 hours a day

And your point is???? What else is there? The Bills are it man come on! use your head.

The Sabres played last night so they're more on topic.

The Bills game isn't until Sunday.

There will be hours and hours of pregame talk.

I never understood that, but some people actually listen to all that stuff.

Don't people think that by friday sports talk shows have said just about everything there is to say about last Sunday's game?

Or do they want to start the pregame talk on the friday before the game?

This guy is actually appauled that a whole 40 minutes elapsed without Bill's talk like he's going into withdrawal, and he's questioning the program director as if this is some sort of huge episode of mismanagement.

It makes no sense unless you live you whole week for a football game.

In addition the Bill's dumped WGR made 10 to 15 years ago. Also as was discussed in another thread just two days ago, The bills per Tom D stopped giving interviews to WGR, wouldn't eve ninvite them to press conferences, etc.

Time s are bad, many companies may only have money to advertise on either the Bills or Sabres, not both. So if I'm WGR why would I do anything to help promote the Bills at the expense of the station that carries their games.

In addition the Bill's dumped WGR made 10 to 15 years ago. Also as was discussed in another thread just two days ago, The bills per Tom D stopped giving interviews to WGR, wouldn't eve ninvite them to press conferences, etc.

Time s are bad, many companies may only have money to advertise on either the Bills or Sabres, not both. So if I'm WGR why would I do anything to help promote the Bills at the expense of the station that carries their games.

Yeah but even if wrg carried both the Bills and the Sabres, this complaint about ...40 minutes without Bill's talk is still 100% ridiculous.

To follow on that, because they don't have the rights for the Bills, they can't use logos and names. They'll get a cease-and-desist letter if they do. It's happened before.

Lori, you know what makes that avatar so creepy? It's the oddly fitting tag line. Makes me double-check all my spelling knowing you're watching each and every one of my keystrokes. [shudder]

The reality of the GR situation is that the Sabres are their bread and butter. Nothing against the Bills, but the station, likely subconsciously, has taken a negative tact against the Bills since the days of Chuck Dickerson. I don't remember exactly who cut GR off from the Bills - there are a lot of suspects, including Levy, Wade Phillips and Donahoe.

The reality is that GR's programming relative to the Bills has been based on whining and complaining for the better part of the past decade. The act wears thin after awhile, not because it's GR, but because people simply grow tired of listening to it. The whiner line is the perfect example. There are a handful of reactionary morons who will want to fire the coach midway through the second quarter and give him an extension in the fourth quarter once the score changes, and GR's "politics" appeal to people like that. Paul Hamilton is another shining example of a whiny, bitter reporter whose negativity grows stale.

In any event, GR has been propped up the past few years by the Sabres, and that trend appears to be changing. S&R are crushing Schopp and the Bulldog in the afternoon, and GR's mornings and midday programming are no great shakes. IF the current trends continue, there will be a lot less of GR to complain about when the cold winds of November 2009 start to blow.

I'm a big WGR basher, but this is ridiculous. They have 8-10 hours of "local talk" daily M-F. There is plenty of time for both the Bills and Sabres to be discussed.

In the future, give them a call ahead of time and let them know when you will be listening so they can cater to your schedule. :worthy:

Lori, you know what makes that avatar so creepy? It's the oddly fitting tag line. Makes me double-check all my spelling knowing you're watching each and every one of my keystrokes. [shudder]

Oddly fitting? That's the exact line Magenta was singing when that picture was taken.

At any rate, now that Halloween is over, she'll be leaving for another 364 days ...

The reality of the GR situation is that the Sabres are their bread and butter. Nothing against the Bills, but the station, likely subconsciously, has taken a negative tact against the Bills since the days of Chuck Dickerson. I don't remember exactly who cut GR off from the Bills - there are a lot of suspects, including Levy, Wade Phillips and Donahoe.

The reality is that GR's programming relative to the Bills has been based on whining and complaining for the better part of the past decade. The act wears thin after awhile, not because it's GR, but because people simply grow tired of listening to it. The whiner line is the perfect example. There are a handful of reactionary morons who will want to fire the coach midway through the second quarter and give him an extension in the fourth quarter once the score changes, and GR's "politics" appeal to people like that. Paul Hamilton is another shining example of a whiny, bitter reporter whose negativity grows stale.

In any event, GR has been propped up the past few years by the Sabres, and that trend appears to be changing. S&R are crushing Schopp and the Bulldog in the afternoon, and GR's mornings and midday programming are no great shakes. IF the current trends continue, there will be a lot less of GR to complain about when the cold winds of November 2009 start to blow.

What's going on in November 2009?