4 more days til we elect Obama

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is that it will take more than 8 years to undo the mess that Bush made- whether it is John McCain or Barrack Obama. Either will do a much better job, but it is there american people that have to do a lot of changing as well.

The next president needs to start the healing process for the country from the tragedy of 9/11, as the current one has failed at that for almost a decade now, and in doing so has helped to wreck our economy

Problem is that it will take more than 8 years to undo the mess that Bush made- whether it is John McCain or Barrack Obama. Either will do a much better job, but it is there american people that have to do a lot of changing as well.

The next president needs to start the healing process for the country from the tragedy of 9/11, as the current one has failed at that for almost a decade now, and in doing so has helped to wreck our economy

Healing process !! Its called kill the GD enemy instead of pussyfooting around.

Healing process? People get on with their lives, or they don't. What sort of misguided government-sponsored "healing process" is the next president supposed to implement?

Healing process? People get on with their lives, or they don't. What sort of misguided government-sponsored "healing process" is the next president supposed to implement?

God, I'm tired of hearing about 9/11. Both sides of the fence exploit the issue so much and I am just sick and tired of it. It was 7 years ago people, time to move on.

I mean seriously, about 3,000 people were murdered that day right? Well about 100,000 people have been murdered in the US since then, but do we hear about reducing the crime rate? No, we just hear about how we're going to prevent another 9/11 and how if we vote for *insert opposing candidate here*, we're not paying enough respect to the victims of 9/11 and blah blah blah 9/11 blah blah blah 9/11.

9/11, it happened, get over it.

God, I'm tired of hearing about 9/11. Both sides of the fence exploit the issue so much and I am just sick and tired of it. It was 7 years ago people, time to move on.

I mean seriously, about 3,000 people were murdered that day right? Well about 100,000 people have been murdered in the US since then, but do we hear about reducing the crime rate? No, we just hear about how we're going to prevent another 9/11 and how if we vote for *insert opposing candidate here*, we're not paying enough respect to the victims of 9/11 and blah blah blah 9/11 blah blah blah 9/11.

This country hasn't gotten over Pearl Harbor yet. You expect people to get over 9/11?

Plus..."get over it and move on" isn't that easy. 9/11 was a watershed event that caused people to question their hertofore taken-for-granted security, their government's ability to provide said security, and our role in the world. "Get over it and move on" isn't that easy.

My beef with it, though, is that we need a "healing process" to deal with it. What are we, a nation of professional victims now? sh-- happens. You don't proceed through a formal "healing process" to make it go away. You !@#$ing deal with it.

How about not trying to eliminate terrorists through military action, when we've known for generations that it hasn't worked. How about not removing a government that we know isn't a good one- one that was in zero jeopardy of being overthrown from within or by insurgency, and replacing it with our own form of government, forcing us to stay there, because it will fold like a deck of cards if we leave. How about economincally fortifying ourselves right after it happened, instead of telling people to go visit shopping malls. How about not pouring billions of dollars into a war that can't be won OR lost.

People haven't gotten on with there lives and you can't refute that. People have become xenophobic, fearing anything arab or muslin- which is wrong.

Face it, we're in deep, and neither Obama nor McCain are going to be able to fix this mess.

How about not trying to eliminate terrorists through military action, when we've known for generations that it hasn't worked. How about not removing a government that we know isn't a good one- one that was in zero jeopardy of being overthrown from within or by insurgency, and replacing it with our own form of government, forcing us to stay there, because it will fold like a deck of cards if we leave. How about economincally fortifying ourselves right after it happened, instead of telling people to go visit shopping malls. How about not pouring billions of dollars into a war that can't be won OR lost.

People haven't gotten on with there lives and you can't refute that. People have become xenophobic, fearing anything arab or muslin- which is wrong.

Face it, we're in deep, and neither Obama nor McCain are going to be able to fix this mess.

So you're talking about a strategic plan for dealing with the ramifications and aftereffects of 9/11. You're just too dense to call it that, you think it's somehow "healing". You're an idiot. Got it. That's all you needed to say, that you are an idiot. Thanks.

I'll be sure to tell my friend at Cantor Fitz to "get over it." You really are a dumb m&*thf*5cker!!

My beef with it, though, is that we need a "healing process" to deal with it. What are we, a nation of professional victims now? sh-- happens. You don't proceed through a formal "healing process" to make it go away. You !@#$ing deal with it.

Yes, we are a nation of professional victims now. Or haven't you noticed?

Try watching TV, any channel, about 2:00 on a weekday afternoon. Watch the P.I. lawyer ads, the credit counseling ads. It's not your fault that your life sucks anymore. It's someone else's fault, and dammit, you need to be compensated.

Just showing your lack of life experience.

That gets me too. Every time a kid is killed in a car accident, the school has to get grief counselors there.

We didn't have that. We got on with life.

In 7th grade a kid in my homeroom got killed while riding his minibike into the street. We found out, some girls cried, we all felt sad and got on with it.We didn't forget about him, but we got on with stuff.

Get over it .You are indeed anal retentive. You were not even a teenager when it happened , or a very young one. You should join the military to get a perspective on life . Talking to other snot nosed college students only gives you an idea on winning at beer pong. The issue isnt being exploited on either side of the fence , it was real. And while we are at it shove your ageism.

That gets me too. Every time a kid is killed in a car accident, the school has to get grief counselors there.

We didn't have that. We got on with life.

In 7th grade a kid in my homeroom got killed while riding his minibike into the street. We found out, some girls cried, we all felt sad and got on with it.We didn't forget about him, but we got on with stuff.

When I was in HS, a kid was killed while driving home one night. No booze or anything, just lost control of the car on ice, flipped it into a creek and drowned.

Being a Jesuit school, we had priests to speak to if we wanted and they sent for a grief counselor. No pressure, if you wanted to talk to this person, they were available all week in a room. If not, no big deal. Also the priests were available to talk about it.

I don't see that making a professional available to talk is a bad thing. Forcing students to talk or listen to some speech about grief would be awful.