4 more days til we elect Obama

Man, I wish I could have grasped that advice when I was younger. Unfortunately, when I was younger, you were a stupid !@#$ and I was smarter than anyone who tried to teach me anything. I knew all and you knew jack shiit.

Damn shame. Waste of time on my side. Instead of thinking I was smarter, I could have spent the time learning how to be smarter.

Noted and I do appreciate the advice. The young certainly have much to learn from those who have seen and done more. Isaac Newton once said "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulder of giants."

But would you at least concede the point that maybe, just maybe, the young have something to teach the old as well? Like I said, different perspectives entirely. There is always more to learn.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wish I could have grasped that advice when I was younger. Unfortunately, when I was younger, you were a stupid !@#$ and I was smarter than anyone who tried to teach me anything. I knew all and you knew jack shiit.

Damn shame. Waste of time on my side. Instead of thinking I was smarter, I could have spent the time learning how to be smarter.

:devil: Ya, that is a skill that very few people ever attain. It's one of the greatest skills you can have if you ask me, learning to see your own weaknesses as they really are, and not letting pride get in the way.