Marshawn Lynch

Marshawn works for every yard he gets, does not complain, and never runs out of bounds. Hes a blue collar, hard a$$ Buffalo Bill.

If Marshawn got the holes and push from the OL to get 2 yards past the line of scrimmage he would not average under 6 yards a carry. He is a sick back. Marshawn doesnt run pretty, he runs hard. He never gets tackled one on one, he runs hard, he breaks dudes, and if he had the holes the dude would be sick nasty.

For all of you haters, this is the best back the bills have had since thurman thomas. Give Marshawn 25 carries and he will crush it even with an offensive line that cant block big on big. Our O-line is gross. Plain and simple, our O-line is overpaid, overweight, and overrated.

Fred Jackson is an awesome change of pace. He is not a premier back. If he can get 10 yards on a carry, Marshawn can get 20. Give marshawn more carries.

25+ carries for Marshawn = 100 yards plus and a win for the Bills.

Bring it dont sing it. Marshawn is awesome. Prove me wrong if he gets those carries. Otherwise, quit this nonsense talk about Fred Jackson being a starter, Marshawn being overrated, and whatever other nonesense you want to blog about.

Why does everything have to turn into a "us against them" situation on this board?

I love Lynch's running style too. As you stated, he's tough as hell, punishes the D and is just a joy to watch.

That being said his vision isn't the best - the guy misses holes and misses them pretty frequently. I think a lot of the Bills problems - most of them - in the running game are because of the OL. But Lynch shares some of the blame here. He need to do a better job of seeing the holes and hitting them hard.

Guest dog14787
Marshawn works for every yard he gets, does not complain, and never runs out of bounds. Hes a blue collar, hard a$$ Buffalo Bill.

If Marshawn got the holes and push from the OL to get 2 yards past the line of scrimmage he would not average under 6 yards a carry. He is a sick back. Marshawn doesnt run pretty, he runs hard. He never gets tackled one on one, he runs hard, he breaks dudes, and if he had the holes the dude would be sick nasty.

For all of you haters, this is the best back the bills have had since thurman thomas. Give Marshawn 25 carries and he will crush it even with an offensive line that cant block big on big. Our O-line is gross. Plain and simple, our O-line is overpaid, overweight, and overrated.

Fred Jackson is an awesome change of pace. He is not a premier back. If he can get 10 yards on a carry, Marshawn can get 20. Give marshawn more carries.

25+ carries for Marshawn = 100 yards plus and a win for the Bills.

Bring it dont sing it. Marshawn is awesome. Prove me wrong if he gets those carries. Otherwise, quit this nonsense talk about Fred Jackson being a starter, Marshawn being overrated, and whatever other nonesense you want to blog about.

I don't hate Marshawn Lynch, I love the Buffalo Bills and I want them to do well. Lynch is averaging 3.7 YPC so calulate that out and see if 25 carries gets you 100 yards. Freddie Jackson is averaging 4.2 YPC so calculate his out while your at it.

I'm sure you realize you have to average at least 4 YPC to get 100 yards with 25 carries so I'll save you the trouble, don't bother, Lynch still doesn't hit the century mark. So you want to take the ball out of the better of our two RB's hands so Lynch can get some more short yardage plays in, does that make sense to you?

Fred Jackson is the bigger play maker and we have a problem with our running game, in my opinion Belicheat or Parcells would have made the switch by now and being a 1st round pick wouldn't mean squat to the big Tuna, do the job or the next guy will, period.

When trying something new could solve the problem and it would only make the Buffalo Bills better, why not try it? Players get benched in all sports and it usually does them allot more good then bad in the long run. The one time Freddie got the chance to start last year he averaged 5.2 YPC against a stout, Redskin run defense.

If both of these fellas were picked in the 1st round Jackson would allready be starting and thats BS. :lol:

I don't hate Marshawn Lynch, I love the Buffalo Bills and I want them to do well. Lynch is averaging 3.7 YPC so calulate that out and see if 25 carries gets you 100 yards. Freddie Jackson is averaging 4.2 YPC so calculate his out while your at it.

I'm sure you realize you have to average at least 4 YPC to get 100 yards with 25 carries so I'll save you the trouble, don't bother, Lynch still doesn't hit the century mark. So you want to take the ball out of the better of our two RB's hands so Lynch can get some more short yardage plays in, does that make sense to you?

Fred Jackson is the bigger play maker and we have a problem with our running game, in my opinion Belicheat or Parcells would have made the switch by now and being a 1st round pick wouldn't mean squat to the big Tuna, do the job or the next guy will, period.

When trying something new could solve the problem and it would only make the Buffalo Bills better, why not try it? Players get benched in all sports and it usually does them allot more good then bad in the long run. The one time Freddie got the chance to start last year he averaged 5.2 YPC against a stout, Redskin run defense.

If both of these fellas were picked in the 1st round Jackson would allready be starting and thats BS. :wallbash:

Nice try but.How many more tries would it have taken FJ to get in from the one yard line.ML gets that ball in the end zone.Much like he did later on in the game making half of the Dolphins defense miss on his way to the TD.Jackson is good Lynch can be great.

In 1989 Thurman Thomas averaged 4.2 Y/A, Kenneth Davis averaged 5.1 Y/A (I can't believe they didn't replace TT with KD, as the main back.)

In 1994, Thurman Thomas averaged 3.8 Y/A, Kenneth Davis averaged 4.2 Y/A

In 1995 Thurman Thomas averaged 3.8 Y/A, Darrick Holmes averaged 4.1 Y/A

For the record, in 2007, Lynch averaged

3.8 Y/A in Sept

3.4 Y/A in Oct

4.5 Y/A in Nov

4.3 Y/A in Dec

The point? There are a few.

Using avg yards per carry isn't always the best way to compare two backs on the same team. In some cases, the #2 gets more carries in situations that are conducive to more Y/A. In some cases it may simply be a case of fresher legs for the #2 back. In the Bills case, it probably has, at least something to do with Lynch getting the majority of short-yardage situation carries (the last game notwithstanding).

Also, if we use last year (the only year we have for Lynch in the NFL) as an indicator, Lynch picked up his Y/A significantly in the 2nd half of the season.

I love Freddie, but I don't believe he is an every down back, for the long haul. While Lynch may, or may not, see some holes as well as some other backs (I'm still not convinced that is a real issue), it does neither Freddie nor Marshawn to consistently pound them into the interior line, when the D is playing an 8-man front, and doesn't respect the long ball.

I'm not suggesting the Bills go all Daryl Lamonica on a regular basis, but they have to take a few more strikes downtown than they have recently. Also, spreading out the field, and allowing the RBs to have a little space to go through, wouldn't be the worst idea, IMO. Edwards looks very good in the 2-minute drill. I'd like to see them go that route a few times per game, and run out of it a number of times.

Nice try but.How many more tries would it have taken FJ to get in from the one yard line.ML gets that ball in the end zone.Much like he did later on in the game making half of the Dolphins defense miss on his way to the TD.Jackson is good Lynch can be great.

I agree with that. Marshawn has some intangibles that can't be measured with stats alone. One of them is a nose for the endzone. I love the way he runs. Does he need to learn some patience with following a block and hitting holes? Yes. He is still progressing as a pro back but I am happy his is a Bill and think he can be great.

In 1989 Thurman Thomas averaged 4.2 Y/A, Kenneth Davis averaged 5.1 Y/A (I can't believe they didn't replace TT with KD, as the main back.)

3.8 Y/A in Sept

3.4 Y/A in Oct

4.5 Y/A in Nov

4.3 Y/A in Dec

Using avg yards per carry isn't always the best way to compare two backs on the same team. In some cases, the #2 gets more carries in situations that are conducive to more Y/A. In some cases it may simply be a case of fresher legs for the #2 back. In the Bills case, it probably has, at least something to do with Lynch getting the majority of short-yardage situation carries (the last game notwithstanding).

Also, if we use last year (the only year we have for Lynch in the NFL) as an indicator, Lynch picked up his Y/A significantly in the 2nd half of the season.

I love Freddie, but I don't believe he is an every down back, for the long haul. While Lynch may, or may not, see some holes as well as some other backs (I'm still not convinced that is a real issue), it does neither Freddie nor Marshawn to consistently pound them into the interior line, when the D is playing an 8-man front, and doesn't respect the long ball.

I'm not suggesting the Bills go all Daryl Lamonica on a regular basis, but they have to take a few more strikes downtown than they have recently. Also, spreading out the field, and allowing the RBs to have a little space to go through, wouldn't be the worst idea, IMO. Edwards looks very good in the 2-minute drill. I'd like to see them go that route a few times per game, and run out of it a number of times.

I agree. The strikes down the field (as the Dolphins did on their first play from scrimmage), a little K-Gun, pick up a tight end...

Different RB's have different specialties and different styles.

Jackson seems to be better at going through holes and ripping off longer runs with his speeds.

Lynch is better at working for tough yards and getting through tackles

I wouldn't say either is better then the other because they aren't the same

Guest dog14787

3.8 Y/A in Sept

3.4 Y/A in Oct

4.5 Y/A in Nov

4.3 Y/A in Dec

Me to :wallbash:

Dean you bring way to much logic to the table. :P

I am curious though, why do you think Fred jackson isn't an every down back? Jackson's durable, crafty, fast and he has great hands.

I didn't realize Marshawn had the same slow start last year so its somewhat unfair of me to say his play has declined from last season until this season is over.

Yup, Holmes taught me a good lesson about stats.

3.8 Y/A in Sept

3.4 Y/A in Oct

4.5 Y/A in Nov

4.3 Y/A in Dec

You've just got to stop using logic and statistical facts as evidence to support your passionless lack of attacks on The Bills' players - both past and present - if you want to last long on this board The Dean. Trust me on this one.

Guest dog14787

Lynch is a power RB, thats partly my point, so use him when you need a yard. :wallbash:

If both of these fellas were picked in the 1st round Jackson would allready be starting and thats BS. :wallbash:

pass some of that stuff over here. teams focus on taking lynch out of the gameplan. hence the difference in ypc. if he had holes, we'd see the real beastmode. he's a stud. get used to him.

Guest dog14787
Different RB's have different specialties and different styles.

Jackson seems to be better at going through holes and ripping off longer runs with his speeds.

Lynch is better at working for tough yards and getting through tackles

I wouldn't say either is better then the other because they aren't the same

Right, I agree, and its normally going to put Jackson in the drivers seat taking on the bulk of the load and Lynch coming in on critical short yardage situations.

Me to :wallbash:

Dean you bring way to much logic to the table. :P

I am curious though, why do you think Fred jackson isn't an every down back? Jackson's durable, crafty, fast and he has great hands.

I didn't realize Marshawn had the same slow start last year so its somewhat unfair of me to say his play has declined from last season until this season is over.

Yup, Holmes taught me a good lesson about stats.

You make a good point, dog. And, to tell the truth, I really have nothing to back up that feeling. Some of it probably has to do with the fact that he really hasn't had to be that, since coming to the NFL...so maybe I'm just missing the fact that he CAN be that, due to his lack of pedigree.

I'm not sure his past at Coe College and the NIFL/UIF experience allow for a great comparison to how other RBs from that level of football have fared, at the NFL level. (Maybe some one else has some info, though.) He also looks less sturdy than Lynch, although they have similar dimensions.

So, I will admit that on this one, it's more my gut, than anything else, that says that Lynch is a better #1 than Fred. The stats don't really tell a story, one way or the other. I think that is a great testimony to Fred Jackson. I like my gut on this one, though.

3.8 Y/A in Sept

3.4 Y/A in Oct

4.5 Y/A in Nov

4.3 Y/A in Dec

You talk sense when you put words to paper. You write a fact based, objective opinion.

I like to debate with you because of the afor mentioned. Although, I think we are on the same page with this thread.

To all of the Marshawn haters (even though I love freddie), I will stand strong with my original thread and say if Marshawn gets 25+ he gets a 100+ yard game, and we get a win.

Guest dog14787
You make a good point, dog. And, to tell the truth, I really have nothing to back up that feeling. Some of it probably has to do with the fact that he really hasn't had to be that, since coming to the NFL...so maybe I'm just missing the fact that he CAN be that, due to his lack of pedigree.

I'm not sure his past at Coe College and the NIFL/UIF experience allow for a great comparison to how other RBs from that level of football have fared, at the NFL level. (Maybe some one else has some info, though.) He also looks less sturdy than Lynch, although they have similar dimensions.

So, I will admit that on this one, it's more my gut, than anything else, that says that Lynch is a better #1 than Fred. The stats don't really tell a story, one way or the other. I think that is a great testimony to Fred Jackson. I like my gut on this one, though.

Awww, you play dirty, turning my own words against me, geesh

By no means do I want to give up on Marshawn Lynch as being our starter and I don't mean to come off that way, but sometimes to sell one you have to go after the other, isn't that the way it works? At least in politics it does anyway

My gut feeling tells me Fred Jackson is more than just a backup and he won't be satisfied staying one, time will tell I suppose.

Its a tough sport, somewhere down the line Fred Jackson will get his chance to make a statement and I Billieve he will.

Guest dog14787
You talk sense when you put words to paper. You write a fact based, objective opinion.

I like to debate with you because of the afor mentioned. Although, I think we are on the same page with this thread.

To all of the Marshawn haters (even though I love freddie), I will stand strong with my original thread and say if Marshawn gets 25+ he gets a 100+ yard game, and we get a win.

The same could be said about Jackson, give him the ball 25 times, you get a buck and a win, so what does that prove?

and just because someone wants another player to get a shot at starting it doesn't have to be a love / hate thing, I worship the ground TE walks on and I still like JP.

Naww, I'm all fiction, doggonit Dean, see what you did with all of this logic :wallbash: