I know everyone hates Schopp, Bulldog & WGR...

... but does anyone know what the heck all this "purple donkey" talk is before and during their lead-ins? I know they're splicing various audio tracks together with several athletes and celebrities to get the desired effect, but where does this "purple donkey" crap come from in the first place???

So confused.

... but does anyone know what the heck all this "purple donkey" talk is before and during their lead-ins? I know they're splicing various audio tracks together with several athletes and celebrities to get the desired effect, but where does this "purple donkey" crap come from in the first place???

So confused.

Just another failed attempt at humor from the jerkoffs who would rather focus on anything but sports.

Its Purple Monkey Dishwasher... its a nonsense phrase.... see below.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...mp;defid=757572

As a rabid Simpsons fan, that is what I thought they were saying at first. However, the more they play it, the more I'm convinced they're saying PURPLE DONKEY. Not sure where it comes from...

As a rabid Simpsons fan, that is what I thought they were saying at first. However, the more they play it, the more I'm convinced they're saying PURPLE DONKEY. Not sure where it comes from...

You're right my bad... Its probably a dildo. :lol:

Just another failed attempt at humor from the jerkoffs who would rather focus on anything but sports.

Bingo. Are they still using that stupid cougar or panther or whatever it is at random times? That was funny about the first 75 times I heard it, but later became yet another reason to listen to Shredd & Ragan in the afternoon.

Tangent here, but very funny non the less. So's I go to my boys parents teacher conference today. He is 7. He is doing great etc, and teacher than goes through a survey they did just yesterday. One of the questions"who would you most like to meet". My boys answer was Matt. Teacher saw my wifes and I puzzled look and says, " that was my reaction to..who is Matt..well Jack informs me Matt is the creator of the Simpsons".

Oh such a proud moment of being a parent. :lol::lol: though I did laugh after i thought about it.

So confused.

It's a code that, when translated, means: "Turn this station off. You're listening to douchebags."

When in Buffalo I always listen to GR. I left in 95 and used to enjoy Artie Baby Boo Boo and Greg.. forgot his last name. You guys should lighten up a little and look for more positives. It's just sports talk. Most local shows including here in Minneapolis are non stop nonsense and skullduggery.

The purple donkey is funny, and I think most of the show is funny.........They obviously were talking non sense about purple donkeys, and now they splice it together with say a Joe Montana interview

Joe Montana is hysterical, too.

Schoop, Bulldog, purple donkey and Montana. Man, that's some pure comedy right there.

I'm guessing, of the three, Montana knows the most about football, but it is likely that the purple donkey is the most eloquent.