Random thoughts on various positions

VIPP

Oline

-In terms of pass protection this team done better than what expected initially. Sometimes it seems as if TE has all day back there to go through his progression.

- Our run blocking is horrendous. And considering we got one of hte most beefiest Oline's in the league. Thats pretty wack, these guys should be bodying their opposition and having their way with them on the LOS.

-Jason Peters appears like he is regressing. He went from almost never getting beat last season, sure fire probowler and elite LT to now..getting beat at once or twice a game whereby the passrusher goes right through him ala Joey Porter did for the safety. I think most of the blame goes to him missing training camp but yea...

- Dockery...wow, I don't know what to say about this guy. If i remember correctly, he got a pretty decent contract 5-6million per year. Dude hasn't impressed me at all, his play is average at best. I really wish we could have signed Steinbach when he became a FA (now with the browns i think).

- These two players are suppose to be our allpro's. What comes to mind is when we need that all important 1 yard to convert a 3rd or score...everyone should know who we are running behind. But i just don't feel as confident with them like I was season.

- Folwer average.

- Brad Butler= VALUE! But he should be a backup.

- Walker, I have had no problems with his play. He has been a bright spot IMHO.

TE- Wow, Robert Royal is a team captain folks! Just found that out recently watching Off the Record with Michael Landsberg. No comment. The man's play speaks for itself.

DLine

- Is it just me or is stroud appearing to have less of an impact? Or are teams just doubling/tripling him? Either way, his first couple of games he was a menace and now he's almost non existant.

- The rest of the guys are pretty average aside from Schoebel. YOu can tell that we miss him. Anderson has been playing solid.

Secondary

- I think it would have been a wise move to have put mcgee in the nickel position for his firs week back to game action. He got BURNED. I have never seen the kidd get beat as badly as he was against the phins. I was feeling for him, really i was!

- Gotta love whitner, dude is a straight STEAL!

- Greer is becoming a lockdown corner, i think we need to sign the kidd long term.

Oline

-In terms of pass protection this team done better than what expected initially. Sometimes it seems as if TE has all day back there to go through his progression.

- Our run blocking is horrendous. And considering we got one of hte most beefiest Oline's in the league. Thats pretty wack, these guys should be bodying their opposition and having their way with them on the LOS.

-Jason Peters appears like he is regressing. He went from almost never getting beat last season, sure fire probowler and elite LT to now..getting beat at once or twice a game whereby the passrusher goes right through him ala Joey Porter did for the safety. I think most of the blame goes to him missing training camp but yea...

- Dockery...wow, I don't know what to say about this guy. If i remember correctly, he got a pretty decent contract 5-6million per year. Dude hasn't impressed me at all, his play is average at best. I really wish we could have signed Steinbach when he became a FA (now with the browns i think).

- These two players are suppose to be our allpro's. What comes to mind is when we need that all important 1 yard to convert a 3rd or score...everyone should know who we are running behind. But i just don't feel as confident with them like I was season.

- Folwer average.

TE- Wow, Robert Royal is a team captain folks! Just found that out recently watching Off the Record with Michael Landsberg. No comment. The man's play speaks for itself.

DLine

- Is it just me or is stroud appearing to have less of an impact? Or are teams just doubling/tripling him? Either way, his first couple of games he was a menace and now he's almost non existant.

- The rest of the guys are pretty average aside from Schoebel. YOu can tell that we miss him. Anderson has been playing solid.

Secondary

- I think it would have been a wise move to have put mcgee in the nickel position for his firs week back to game action. He got BURNED. I have never seen the kidd get beat as badly as he was against the phins. I was feeling for him, really i was!

- Greer is becoming a lockdown corner, i think we need to sign the kidd long term.

Who is Anderson?

Dockery got a 7 year 49 Million dollar contract. YEs, he got PAID like an All-Pro, but he has never even been to a pro bowl. HE is an average guard.

Agree completely on Greer.

That's just wrong! Peters is dominating the opposition unless they hustle.

Oline

- Folwer average.

DLine

Secondary

totally agree about the O line. There is definitely a lack of meanness from that group. They just don't seem to play with any nastiness and purpose. Peters and Dockery play very soft for such big guys. Walker has been the best of the bunch all season both in pass blocking and run blocking. I honestly think that Duke Preston has played very well for us. That is a problem when he is your team's second best lineman.

The D line is very average at best. Stroud has not been a gamechanger of late. He is not getting much push up the middle. I think the biggest problem is that McCargo has just not developed. He is slow and lazy. Has no motor. The Bills have too high of an opinion of their D lineman. None, including Schobel are better than average.

The two best teams in the league this year are the Giants and the Titans. The difference right now between them and us is both their lines. They are both just more solid across the D and O lines. Tennessee has a bunch of no names on their O line, but they can play. G men have a GREAT O line. Just a lot more toughness. And on the D lines forget about it. None of our guys could play for them other than Stroud.

Finally, unless Peters really steps it up quickly, I don't think the Bills should give him a mega extension. The guy just plays lazy. He is OVERRATED!!

Oline

- Folwer average.

DLine

Secondary

Not a bad writeup. Couple of things though:

- With Stroud, it is really tough to fully value good DTs. Stroud, like most DTs, isn't a sack monster. However, our overall defense has improved from 31st to 11th. Additionally, our run defense has improved from 25th and giving up 4.4 ypc to 13th this year allowing 3.8. Stroud is a huge reason why.

- Royal is a really popular guy in the lockerroom. But he is terrible. We have lack a good TE for years. With the way TE likes to checkdown, it would be nice to have a stud TE to make yards after the catch and not fumble every other time he touches the ball. However, good tes are hard to find. There weren't many in this years draft, though John Carlson looks pretty solid. Hopefully, next year's class is more promising.

- Peters has started off bad because of his silly holdout. However, he has definitely been improving. SD didn't even sniff the QB, and they were 8th in the NFL in sacks. Unfortunately, he got beat by Porter at a crucial moment, but was very good for most of the game.

The ironic thing is that Peters wanted to get paid like an elite tackle. But of course, he hasn't been playing like it. On the other hand, he is playing like a $3million LT that should be steady but not dominant.

There weren't many in this years draft, though John Carlson looks pretty solid. Hopefully, next year's class is more promising.

Actually there were a LOT in this past draft. But, as in any draft we'll see how many with that "p' word, potential, turn out. The guy from the Jets, Dustin Keller, looks pretty good. He might become a Jason Witten or Chris Cooley type of TE.

That's just wrong! Peters is dominating the opposition unless they hustle.

:lol:

Some might miss the reference....

'“I think I’ve been doing okay,” said Peters. “I think I have. The plays I have given up are just hustle plays on their part. If you watch the film, I dominate the guy. We're either down or we need a big play and Trent is trying to buy time. I'm running him up the field and they're covering back to the ball. It's nothing that I'm doing wrong, the play extended and they’re making plays.”