Saved by Zero....

ACor58

Saved by Zero might be one of the worst ad campaigns of all time. What grown man goes into a studio, sings that awful jingle, and still lives with himself?

A man that sleeps on a mattress made completely of 100 dollar bills and goes swimming in a pool filled with gold coins (scrooge mcduck style) if he's getting paid royalties every time that commercial plays.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't have to factor in $1,500 per car or so to pay for the health care of retired employees and their family members, and don't have to deal with unionized workers.

Unfortunately, those guaranteed benefits will have to change in order for competition to be restored. If not, that it may be the downfall for the big 3 (or maybe it will be 2). I do not believe that many of us have anything 'guaranteed' from our jobs at retirement. It was a great deal negotiated by the unions at the time for their retired workers but competition was different and times have changed. If this is not re-negotiated and one of them is purchased/bankrupt/etc., then many of the benefits may be changed or dropped.

Yeah, I know, different forum.

Depends on how you define "works." Sure people are talking about it (negatively). But is it really selling any cars?

I would imagine so. To anyone looking to buy a car the 0% financing will probably draw them in. Even though it's annoying it's effective at getting the point across.

I saw a consumer advocate a few years ago who said it's extremely doubtful that anyone will qualify for the 0% financing and they'll make it up by not going as low on price.

Unfortunately Toyota is kicking the ass of our domestic automakers. Big trouble within GM, Ford and Chrysler.

There is a Toyota plant in Kentucky.

I hate to say it but my car was made in Detroit by Ford and before that car I owned a Honda and the Honda after 10 years was in more solid shape than the Ford was after 6 months. I never had a significant rattle in that Honda but in six months I had one in the Ford.

I get 2 games on TW at a time (used to be 3) and the saved by Zero came on, I said to my son, God I hate this commercial, switched the channel and the same commercial was on the other station about 2 seconds behind. I thought I died and went to hell.

Saved by Zero

Saved by Zero

Saved by Zero

We are in the market for a new SUV. I refuse to buy a Toyota because of that damn commercial.

No to Toyota. No discounts.

But it's a good time to buy one if you need/want one.

5, 6, 8K+ off list. Even if gas goes back up, those many other manufacturer's discounts pay for a lot of gas over the long run...

Same with pick-ups. Businesses are scooping up these great prices. They see an opportunity to purchase necessary vehicles - and a deductible, depreciable commodity - at much smaller initial cash outlay.

God I hate this commercial, switched the channel and the same commercial was on the other station about 2 seconds behind. I thought I died and went to hell.

This is where having D* comes in handy. Commercial break = change to Red Zone Channel. Always some action and no commercials.

I get 2 games on TW at a time (used to be 3) and the saved by Zero came on, I said to my son, God I hate this commercial, switched the channel and the same commercial was on the other station about 2 seconds behind. I thought I died and went to hell.

Then you tuned back in to the Bills game and knew you had. <_<

my 2 most hated commercials are:

"Its my money, and I want it now!!"...I F'N hate this commercial

"Its's HUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!!".....for Rochester area fans you'll know this one...I hate that guy..I also Hate him because he bought 95.1/95.5 the Nerve and destroyed it...some reason because he has money he thinks he a king or something