Non-game balls

Beerball

The O-Line and Edwards lost us this game. I know I'm gonna get thrashed for calling out the golden child, but both of his fumbles are on him. Without 4 turnovers the dolphins don't score more than 16 points, an acceptable performance from our defense.

McGee gets a pass from me because he was clearly playing hurt out there.

Royal OTOH should be cut - go with Schouman and see what happens. He is not an NFL-caliber player. O-Line play was dismal at best.

Great thread idea. Two big ones, in reverse order:

Trent Edwards -- looked like a rookie today, hopefully smart enough to learn from the growing pains. 1) Don't take so long in the pocket -- especially in the endzone, 2) tuck the ball away when you run, 3) do not 'stretch' the ball unless you are on the goal line and definitely breaking the plane.

Coaching staff -- where is the pressure against a guy with a history of failing apart when he's getting rushed hard? How could that many receivers be that open all game long? How could the entire defense be fooled by the Pennington play action/roll out to his right about four times? Where was the aggressive play calling on the goal line in the 1Q and in the 3Q when they had Miami on their heels?

Coaching staff -- where is the pressure against a guy with a history of failing apart when he's getting rushed hard?

Bingo. By now, someone might've learned that you need to knock Pennington to the ground. Rattle his cage, and he folds. Didn't happen. Keeping McGee in there was maybe the stupidest thing I've seen PF do. Despite all that, they kept us in the game.

'Course, that was only half the problem. Offense was sloppy and starts at the top. As much praise as Edwards has gotten, he deserves a hearty :beer: today, most for the second half. Had some great looks and the 30-yarder to Lee where he got drilled made you hold your breath. Wasn't enough to overcome the slop. Better learn from this, Trent. I didn't have such a problem with the O play-calling. Execution was piss-poor.

And to round it out, even ST was a disaster. Wild snap from Neill and he doesn't have weather to blame this time. KOs and punts are getting nothing with this supposed demon McKelvin who isn't seeing the holes or hitting them fast enough.

Why is Mcgee playing if he still is hurt, he gave Ginn a big cushion because of his knee.

Where is the freaking pass rush. No one get to the QB.

Turnovers, Edwards fumble, safety and Royals fumble was the cherry on top.

McGee is playing because Leodis couldnt cover me right now

#1-Trent-Held the ball to long today and what the f were you doing on that fumble? He is a young guy so he is going to have a few bad games.

#2-McGee-Ginn killed you every fing time, if you can't play at over 80% don't play you only hurt the team, McLovin could have did what you did today.

Royal and Parrish don't get one because we need to a TD and FG with under 2 min.

NON-game balls go to:

McGee (Playing 10-15 yds off Ginn just does not work). If he's hurt, keep him on the bench and play McKelvin.

Coaching Staff - I would have went for the TD on 4th and goal in the 1st quarter. Also defensive play calling was terrible. The "wildcat" was effective and a marginal Miami offense rolled in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Jason Peters - He is still a piece of @&%$ IMO. I have not seen him play to the level he was at last year.

Defense- Limited pressure on Pennington and pathetic tackling.

Last but certainly not least, Robert Royal - this guy is a liability and should be riding the bench. Play Fine and Schouman.