Thank you, Buffalo

TimGraham

I just wanted to take a moment and thank Buffalo Bills fans, particularly those on Two Bills Drive, for visiting my Friday chats. Bills fans swarm my chats, outnumbering the other three AFC East teams 10-1 in questions and comments.

Here's an idea of how incredibly well you respond. This is a list of chats by other NFL bloggers and various ESPN heavyweights the past couple days with their question and comment counts (received, not answered) for each chat:

Steve Phillips 153

AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky 156

AFC West blogger Bill Williamson 173

NFC West blogger Mike Sando 214

AFC North blogger James Walker 322

NFC East blogger Matt Mosley 342

Chris Mortensen 380

Jeremy Green 384

Mel Kiper 426

Buster Olney 433

Ivan Maisel 441

Beano Cook 549

Pat Forde 550

NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert (who had his chat spammed by Pro Football Talk this week) 654

Colin Cowherd 970

Tim Graham today 1,280

Thank you, Bills fans. You kick serious ass.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, not to make you work here, too, but ESPN initially ran an article that the Pats* were pissed at Brady*. That story changed real quickly. I highly doubt someone just suddenly made that crap up. Something happened. I'm curious if you know or can share what you know about that.

We won't tell anyone else.

Really.

Tim, not to make you work here, too, but ESPN initially ran an article that the Pats* were pissed at Brady*. That story changed real quickly. I highly doubt someone just suddenly made that crap up. Something happened. I'm curious if you know or can share what you know about that.

We won't tell anyone else.

Really.

I don't think that story has changed on our end at all. Our reporter, Wendi Nix, reported there was internal disappointment about Brady's decision to use his own doctor. The Patriots denied that the source had the authority to speak for the team.

But ESPN hasn't changed its story. I don't know who Wendy's source is on this, but I know what kind of reporter she is.

I think I pretty much would speak for everybody when I say thank you for covering the AFC East as we make our way through this amazing 2008 season. Your coverage and articles have been great.

The chats were fun too, but due to work I've only been able to participate in one so far. But it was great and you answered two of my questions. Thanks for coming by Tim.

I'll be honest - I really like your blog. There's a lot of good, original material there, and it's a nice hybrid between news and opinion. I think another part of it is that Buffalo gets almost no national media attention, so for someone at ESPN to actually be covering the Bills on a regular basis is something to get excited about.

Add to that the general negative feelings that most Buffalo fans have for ESPN's more recognized journalists/pundits (Mort and Clayton in particular), and you have yourself a winner. Keep up the good work!

As long as 200 of those questions weren't by the same guy asking 10 questions 20 times each.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, we made a point of sending people your way, Tim, but they wouldn't keep coming back if you weren't such an entertaining read. Thanks for keeping us informed, and doing it with a wicked sense of humor. If you hadn't noticed, we like snark around here.

One more thought, apropos of nothing: I know Mort's CV and impressive body of work, but damn -- even I have to sometimes wonder if Tom Donahoe has some incriminating information on him. That said, as long as we Bills fans continue to take potshots at CM in his chats/e-mail, he's not likely to think fondly of us any time soon ...

I'll be honest - I really like your blog. There's a lot of good, original material there, and it's a nice hybrid between news and opinion. I think another part of it is that Buffalo gets almost no national media attention, so for someone at ESPN to actually be covering the Bills on a regular basis is something to get excited about.

Add to that the general negative feelings that most Buffalo fans have for ESPN's more recognized journalists/pundits (Mort and Clayton in particular), and you have yourself a winner. Keep up the good work!

A good mix of entertainment and information is exactly what I aim for, so I'm glad to hear that's what's coming across.

But please don't hesitate to be critical if you see something you don't like. I'm alwasy open to suggestions and negative feedback.

As long as 200 of those questions weren't by the same guy asking 10 questions 20 times each.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, we made a point of sending people your way, Tim, but they wouldn't keep coming back if you weren't such an entertaining read. Thanks for keeping us informed, and doing it with a wicked sense of humor. If you hadn't noticed, we like snark around here.

One more thought, apropos of nothing: I know Mort's CV and impressive body of work, but damn -- even I have to sometimes wonder if Tom Donahoe has some incriminating information on him. That said, as long as we Bills fans continue to take potshots at CM in his chats/e-mail, he's not likely to think fondly of us any time soon ...

You're a good wrangler, Lori. Thanks for herding them my way.

I'll probably see you guys next week, but my wife is past due, and I don't mean library books. Unless this drags out too long, I'll be at Jets-Bills next week.