Dr. Z

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

he puts up gambling picks each week and is below .500. he points to the odd point spread as the reason why he's selecting the dolphins to beat the bills. keep in mind this guy also selected the vikings to win the super bowl this year

their defense is below average. their wide receivers are below average. they have a good coach, running backs and a vet qb.

bills by 10

their defense is below average. their wide receivers are below average. they have a good coach, running backs and a vet qb.

bills by 10

when you say, "their defense is below average", they've only allowed an average of 2 points more than we have per game.

Divisional games are always closer than whatever talent gap exists on paper. It's the only truism in the parity filled NFL that remains constant in my mind.

Every divisional game will be tough, none are gimmies this year. Even though I think the Bills have more talent than both the Jets and Dolphins, I'm not expecting a clean sweep of both teams (though I'd love to see it!). It's tough beat a team twice in one year ... even tougher when that team knows you so well and places more importance on the game simply due to it being a divisional opponent.

I'm expecting a Bills victory Sunday -- but I don't think it's going to be pretty or as one sided as some here would have you think.

Divisional games are always closer than whatever talent gap exists on paper. It's the only truism in the parity filled NFL that remains constant in my mind.

Every divisional game will be tough, none are gimmies this year. Even though I think the Bills have more talent than both the Jets and Dolphins, I'm not expecting a clean sweep of both teams (though I'd love to see it!). It's tough beat a team twice in one year ... even tougher when that team knows you so well and places more importance on the game simply due to it being a divisional opponent.

I'm expecting a Bills victory Sunday -- but I don't think it's going to be pretty or as one sided as some here would have you think.

quoted for truth.

Jeff Sagarin NFL ratings

Buffalo Bills = 24.85

Miami Dolphins = 16.60 + 3 for home field

Would be Bills by 5 points

The betting line from USA today shows them as 0, 1 and 1.5 point favorites

I personally think the Bills by 10

Chad will only be throwing the short stuff .. would hope the Bills play the receivers tight .. bump hard at the line .. disrupt any timing routes ... and BLITZ heavy ...

I hope they crush the Fish !

Exception: games against the Patriots this decade.

It's been a long, long time since I gave a rat's hairy@$$ whether some national reporter picked "for" or "against" the Bills. I mean, give me a break - when things are going well, are they in my livingroom high-fiving me? When things are tanking (as they have been for quite some time), are they sitting there consoling me and getting me another beer?

Those are trick questions. The answer to both is "No".

This having been said, doesn't Dr. Z have some sort of curse? Remembering back to the glory days of (yeeps) almost 20 years ago, I seem to recall that he used to pick the Bills over-and-over, and dammit, they never won the big one.

Getting a vote of confidence from Dr. Z is genetically linked to the SI cover curse. No thanks. I want him screaming for Miami with both lungs.

It's been a long, long time since I gave a rat's hairy@$$ whether some national reporter picked "for" or "against" the Bills. I mean, give me a break - when thing are going well, are they in my livingroom high-fiving me? When things are tanking (as they have been for quite some time), are they sitting there consoling me and getting me another beer?

Those are trick questions. The answer to both is "No".

This having been said, doesn't Dr. Z have some sort of curse? Remembering back to the glory days of (yeeps) almost 20 years ago, I seem to recall that he used to pick the Bills over-and-over, and dammit, they never won the big one.

Getting a vote of confidence from Dr. Z is genetically linked to the SI cover curse. No thanks. I want him screaming for Miami with both lungs.

Like you, I don't give a crap who the pundits pick, on a week-to-week basis. Actually, that's not totally true, I like for many of them to pick against the Bills.

But, I don't think Doc Z is rooting for Miami (I could be wrong of course, maybe he has some cash on the line), but you have to pick an upset, now and then, or you are total joke as a prognosticator. If a guy only picks favorites, why even bother reading his picks?

The Bills are a better team than Miami and have handled them pretty well, the past few years. But, this is a division game, the Bills just came off a very big emotional win, and sometimes there is a bounce. He's pretty clear about why he is picking Miami:

Buffalo has beaten the Dolphins in seven of the last eight, including three of four in Miami. Now they're favored by a mere 1 1/2 down there, despite their pretty 5-1 record. I'm a Bills' fan, of sorts, but I'm sacrificing that to present you with one of those quirky, formula type picks, Miami taking the points.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

Like you, I don't give a crap who the pundits pick, on a week-to-week basis. Actually, that's not totally true, I like for many of them to pick against the Bills.

But, I don't think Doc Z is rooting for Miami (I could be wrong of course, maybe he has some cash on the line), but you have to pick an upset, now and then, or you are total joke as a prognosticator. If a guy only picks favorites, why even bother reading his picks?

The Bills are a better team than Miami and have handled them pretty well, the past few years. But, this is a division game, the Bills just came off a very big emotional win, and sometimes there is a bounce. He's pretty clear about why he is picking Miami:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ex.html?eref=T1

Deanster, I have three things on my mind right now, and should probably start threads on all, but bandwidth is bandwidth:

1) Future-Think #1: I really think that the Bills are going to follow through with the confidence earned through the San Diego game and prevail against the not-so-hapless Dolphins. I'm not writing that team off by a long stretch, but I think the Bills are going to take it by a touchdown and field goal.

2) Future-Think #2: I read the SportsLine article (or whatever the !@#$ it was) that quoted Dick Jauron as not getting exercised about the Pats* going for it on fourth-and-whatever while being up by three galaxies. URRGGHHH!!!!!!!! I know - KNOW - I'm not supposed to look ahead, and I know - KNOW - that each game is a brick-in-the-wall....but OH BABY am I circling 9 November! Miami's important. The Jets are important. But 56-10. Truly the Bills must have this game laser-locked-and-tracking.

3) Future-Think #3: The Titans. The Titans. Need more be said? Two more games and we're at the midpoint. Yes, I know it's too early to be thinking about......no, I won't say it. But know that somewhere out there in Football Kharma, there's a guy named Whites Bay who is rooting for every possible catastrophe to befall The Titans (short of the obvious selections of, you know, plane crashes and horrible stuff like that). The point being that the damndest thought finally popped into my pygmy intellect this weekend......

Hosting a playoff game.

Oh, God. I've said it. There goes the season.

Anyway, it's another Friday night, and time to compare libations. Molson Canadian. Yourself?

Deanster, I have three things on my mind right now, and should probably start threads on all, but bandwidth is bandwidth:

1) Future-Think #1: I really think that the Bills are going to follow through with the confidence earned through the San Diego game and prevail against the not-so-hapless Dolphins. I'm not writing that team off by a long stretch, but I think the Bills are going to take it by a touchdown and field goal.

2) Future-Think #2: I read the SportsLine article (or whatever the !@#$ it was) that quoted Dick Jauron as not getting exercised about the Pats* going for it on fourth-and-whatever while being up by three galaxies. URRGGHHH!!!!!!!! I know - KNOW - I'm not supposed to look ahead, and I know - KNOW - that each game is a brick-in-the-wall....but OH BABY am I circling 9 November! Miami's important. The Jets are important. But 56-10. Truly the Bills must have this game laser-locked-and-tracking.

3) Future-Think #3: The Titans. The Titans. Need more be said? Two more games and we're at the midpoint. Yes, I know it's too early to be thinking about......no, I won't say it. But know that somewhere out there in Football Kharma, there's a guy named Whites Bay who is rooting for every possible catastrophe to befall The Titans (short of the obvious selections of, you know, plane crashes and horrible stuff like that). The point being that the damndest thought finally popped into my pygmy intellect this weekend......

Hosting a playoff game.

Oh, God. I've said it. There goes the season.

Anyway, it's another Friday night, and time to compare libations. Molson Canadian. Yourself?

I'm with ya brother (except I'm swilling some cognac, at the moment). The Bills get a home game (or two), this year.

We need more offensive production.The team is disciplined in all aspects. The running game has to be cranked up.

Guess my last transmission failed. Gotta love these Verizon Broadband antennas up here on the edge of reality. The key is the run-blocking. Check the weather. Things are about to go over the cliff over the next 10 days, and the Bills are simply going to HAVE to crank up the running game. Perhaps the outside pitch-outs will help, but I remember them doing THAT a few years back, and it lasted.....about a week, before everyone figured it out. I'm thinking about the Cleveland game. Wouldn't it be great to - you know - actually win on the ground in bad weather?