Even More Hate

Morton Downey Jr anyone?

Morale in the office was already at a low point in 1989 when Downey flew to California for a speaking engagement. The next day, a disturbing rumor began to circulate in the office: Downey was in the hospital. He had been badly beaten by a pack of skinheads, who had abducted him at the San Francisco airport. They had carved ''KKK'' onto his forehead and smeared him with blood. He was unconscious. A national hunt was on.

None of his producers believed the story for a second.

Sure enough, a variation on the rumor soon surfaced: Downey was fine. They hadn't beaten him, they'd only cut his hair (skinhead hairdressers?) -- and it wasn't blood on his face, it was red Magic Marker. We all began to get a sinking feeling. That evening, the production staff huddled around the television as Peter Jennings announced with barely concealed disdain that the San Francisco police were skeptical of Downey's story.

It seemed nobody in the airport had seen even one skinhead, much less a gang of them. Worse, the letters ''KKK'' on Downey's forehead were written backward, suggesting that Downey had written them himself while looking in the mirror. The mood in the studio was grim. We were used to the contempt of the mainstream media, but this was humiliation on a whole new level.

When Downey came into the office the next day, large chunks of hair were missing from the top of his forehead, as if he'd started to give himself a Mohawk and then thought better of it.

''Nice haircut,'' some brave soul (not me) said.

''Thanks, pal,'' Downey grinned, sucking on one of the cigarettes that would eventually kill him. I saw a new emotion in his eyes that day: fear. He seemed to realize this one might not fly. Sure enough, the blow proved fatal. When it was revealed that he was a liar, and not even a very good one, his fans turned on him for good. A few months later, the show was canceled.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of hate, the certified **** Charles Krauthammer said yesterday on Fox that the reason the left hates Sarah Palin is because feminists are pissed that Palin went ahead and had a Downs Syndrome child that they would have aborted. And now they hate themselves so much, that they now hate Sarah.

Un-be-fukking-lievable.

Uh...hate to break it to ya...but thats the EXACT reason the left hates Palin. She is a feminist who does not fit in to the ideology of the left.

Just like the left hates black men who are Republican.

Or do they just call folks like them "Uncle Tom" for nothing?

Via Salon:

Since then, though, some people -- conservative blogger Michelle Malkin among them -- have begun to question Todd's account. And the Web site TMZ.com says it has sources inside the Pittsburgh police who say "they have serious questions about the authenticity of the alleged victim who says she had her face cut by a politically-motivated attacker." The site also reports that it has been told "there are several things about the alleged attack that don't add up." Police reinterviewed Todd Thursday night, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports; the questioning lasted at least five hours. And the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review says investigators plan to administer a polygraph test to Todd, reportedly because her statements conflict with evidence from the scene where she says the attack occurred.

A post-attack photo of Todd that the Associated Press says was not taken by police has been circulating on the Internet. Based on that image, some people on the Internet have been asking why the "B" on Todd's cheek is reversed, as if she did it to herself using a mirror. Others have brought up an incident from the late 1980s, when Morton Downey Jr. claimed skinheads had painted a swastika on his face. His story was similarly questioned because the swastika was reversed.

The photo also shows Todd with a black eye. Salon showed it to Jennifer Province, an emergency room nurse, who says she believes the black eye was faked. The color of it is wrong, Province said, and there's less swelling than typically seen.

This isn't the first time this year that Todd has claimed to be involved in an election-related incident. Earlier this month, she posted to YouTube a video she shot of a janitor at New York's Queens College. In it, she says, "This janitor took down all of my signs ... and tore them apart ... I am really perturbed. He closed off the bathrooms and is making it very hostile."

Salon was able to find some of Todd's personal Web pages, which we're not linking to in order to protect her privacy. What appears to be her MySpace page, which gives her age as 23 rather than 20, is private. But the quote at the top of it is visible -- it reads, "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her cloths [sic] off, but its [sic] better if you do."

Diane Richard, a spokeswoman for the Pittsburgh police, was not available for comment.

Update: Shortly after I posted this, WTAE updated its story on the incident with additional comment from Richard, who said, "We have learned that the victim's statement has a few inconsistencies in it and her statement has changed." According to Richard, Todd now says she isn't sure if it was her bumper sticker that enraged her alleged attacker or a campaign button she wore on her jacket. (Separately, the Post-Gazette reports that she did not originally tell police about the bumper sticker at all.) She has also reportedly added new details to her story, saying she lost consciousness during the attack and also that she was sexually assaulted.

"She indicated that when he had her on the ground he put his hand up her blouse and started fondling her. But other than that, she says she doesn't remember anything else. So we're adding a sexual assault to this as well," Richard said.

Having taken a few polygraphs myself (for my job) one of the first questions they ask you is if you have any medical issues. An assault victim would have medical issues. Plus I don't trust polygraphs...It's more of an interview process than a machine determined outcome.

I don't like them either, having taken them.

Apparently though she changed her statement a number of times and the police wondered by the B was backwards...it would have been sorta hard for a person facing her to do that, and surely he didn't do it from behind...then they figured out if you stood in front of a mirror and were a moron, you'd end up with a backwards B.

I ask myself, is that the typical McCain/Palin voter? How I answer myself, is my business. :)

Uh...hate to break it to ya...but thats the EXACT reason the left hates Palin. She is a feminist who does not fit in to the ideology of the left.

Just like the left hates black men who are Republican.

Or do they just call folks like them "Uncle Tom" for nothing?

The left hates Palin for not aborting a baby? You have zero idea of what people think. I have spoken to a ton of feminists about this because I was curious what they thought of her, and if they have conflicting feelings. And virtually every single one said the same thing: She's stupid. She's embarrassing to women. Not one of them mentioned anything about her views on abortion, although they obviously don't agree with it.

What I do know is that I have never met anyone anywhere at any time who would blame a woman for having a baby she wanted. I guarantee you 95% of the feminists in this world think it's great that Sarah Palin had that child with Downs Syndrome if Sarah Palin wanted that child. That's the entire concept of pro-choice.

The left hates Palin for not aborting a baby? You have zero idea of what people think. I have spoken to a ton of feminists about this because I was curious what they thought of her, and if they have conflicting feelings. And virtually every single one said the same thing: She's stupid. She's embarrassing to women. Not one of them mentioned anything about her views on abortion, although they obviously don't agree with it.

What I do know is that I have never met anyone anywhere at any time who would blame a woman for having a baby she wanted. I guarantee you 95% of the feminists in this world think it's great that Sarah Palin had that child with Downs Syndrome if Sarah Palin wanted that child. That's the entire concept of pro-choice.

No kidding, in fact that part of what she did most of the left admire her and support. The rights attitude is you breed 'em will neglect them and then kill them in Iraq.... :)

I could care less about her not aborting a Downs baby. I don't think it's noble, and if she had chosen to abort I would not have condemned her (although we probably wouldn't have known). That's not relevant. And remember, if you want to tout her "values" then the preggo teen and son-shipped-off-to-the-military-to-avoid-jailtime are then fair game...

I think she's an overhyped empty suit who is in FAR over her head. And while I don't think she is particularly intelligent, she is cunning...and I think that she understands the predicament she is in and just might be regretting it.

And that has nothing to do with her baby. In fact she uses him as a prop very effectively. And if she really understood what she was about she wouldn't call him "disabled". We parents of children with challenges do not appreciate that term and would NEVER use it.

I could care less about her not aborting a Downs baby. I don't think it's noble, and if she had chosen to abort I would not have condemned her (although we probably wouldn't have known). That's not relevant. And remember, if you want to tout her "values" then the preggo teen and son-shipped-off-to-the-military-to-avoid-jailtime are then fair game...

I think she's an overhyped empty suit who is in FAR over her head. And while I don't think she is particularly intelligent, she is cunning...and I think that she understands the predicament she is in and just might be regretting it.

And that has nothing to do with her baby. In fact she uses him as a prop very effectively. And if she really understood what she was about she wouldn't call him "disabled". We parents of children with challenges do not appreciate that term and would NEVER use it.

Another post proving the title of the thread.

CNN is now reporting the woman was actually trying to withdraw $100, but is a deadbeat who didn't have enough in her account, so she only withdrew the $60, which she was not going to use to pay a delinquent phone bill that she refused to pay because the daughter she raises alone (because of a bad marriage that came to an end because her husband raped her) used her phone without her knowledge back in 1973. They also learned she's an unlicensed hairstylist who doesn't belong to a union, and they only question why the attacker didn't carve "whore" on her face since that's what she obviously is.

Meanwhile on MSNBC, John Murtha will be interviewed tonight by Keith Olbermann to look into this woman's past to answer the pressing question of the day: Was this whore a racist or a redneck?

Looks like she was all of the above! Can we expect a retraction from you?

Looks like she was all of the above! Can we expect a retraction from you?

A retraction for what? Providing a commentary on the state of the MSM?

Get over yourself.

Personally, I'm sorry for a person who thought it was a good idea to intentionally harm herself for the sake of attention.

If anyone should retract something, it would be your completely foolish comment like this:

Maybe she was asking for it in the way she was talking?

Anyone who thinks a woman deserves to be beaten by a man not only redefines the phrase "lower than snake shiiit," but it also gives a new face to put next to the word "coward" in the dictionary.

You're assuming that I believed for a second that this was real...

Look into it.

Forgive me for having a hard time understanding how anyone could make a joke about something like that.

On the other hand, there's a reason over five million women are abused each year, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising to find a guy like yourself who would find the humor in it.

Forgive me for having a hard time understanding how anyone could make a joke about something like that.

On the other hand, there's a reason over five million women are abused each year, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising to find a guy like yourself who would find the humor in it.

Looks like I have something in common with John McCain then!

In an appearance before the National League of Cities and Towns in Washington D.C., McCain supposedly asked the crowd if they had heard "the one about the woman who is attacked on the street by a gorilla, beaten senseless, raped repeatedly and left to die?"

The punch line: "When she finally regains consciousness and tries to speak, her doctor leans over to hear her sigh contently and to feebly ask, "Where is that marvelous ape?"

Please give your hero McCain the same tongue lashing you just gave me!

http://www.johnmccain.com/Contact/