What will the Bills do with their first round pick of 2009?

Orton's Arm

Expected first round preference  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which position do you think the Bills will pick?

• Cornerback
    • Free Safety
    • Strong Safety

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add "none of the above" to your choices, and see how many of us pick that.

AS

You're new here, so I will hip you. Holcomb's Arm doesn't really care what anyone else thinks, or even what actually happens. The poll is simply a ruse. If it was a real poll, there would be real choices.

I can't believe that Defensive End wasn't added as an option. How bout a real pass rush, not with numbers and disguised blitz packages, but with a knock you on your arse stud defensive end.

What's the matter?

You don't like how the Bills' current defensive ends charge 30 yards straight down the field and then try to backtrack into the QB?

Most of the sacks on this team are by accident.

Schobel and Kelsay are not worth their salaries.

Seriously though, I agree totally.

In a cover 2 defense, the free and strong safety designations don't mean much. So, the issue is, do we need another "big" safety? Assuming Scott plays well, the answer is no, as you have scott, simpson and whitner, with wilson and Youboty as backups. we are done with this. As for corners, sign Greer and let McGee go after next year, as the big $$ need to be spent on TE and Peters this year. Reggie Corner and McKelvin take over along side Greer. Parrish and McKelvin return kicks. done . Stupid question by the original poster. The Bills are loaded in the secondary.

OUr needs are center (definately), Tight end (maybe), and DT (probably, as Cargo stinks) and LB

:lol: A lot can happen between now and April. For example, we thought we were set with Crowell at linebacker. But I agree with you; we need a better center. Either by the draft, free agency or trade, we must improve that position if we expect the O-line to be good. Fowler and Preston are not good enough to do that job effectively without help. We are wasting a lot of talent at running back until the O-line is solid.

The Bills have brought in a lot of young defensive backs. We can't be sure how good they can be yet. At least another year is needed. In the meantime, drafting more is not the way to go. After center, the other talent that I feel we need is a superior pass rusher. A star DE or LB that will make teams alter their offensive blocking schemes. :D

I didn't vote because the choices are incredibly ridiculous. Secondary only? Please.

While it's still too early to tell, and who knows what free agency will bring, I would say we go DE. The crop of free agent LBs is so big I figure we'll sign one of them, so DE becomes the top priority, followed by TE. However, we need a pass rush DE, and those guys go early, and since we're doing great and will make the playoffs, our pick will be low (which is awesome because there's value there and it costs less to sign the guys). The first TE usually goes low in the first round so I would make the most sense to go there.

Tight End it is.

1. These elephants we have for offensive linemen aren't opening up any holes

2. Lynch is no thurman thomas or anything close to it., 3.5 per carry is pathetic.

Draft some mobile offensive linemen who can get out in front of lynch and do some run blocking, he needs all the help he can get.

1. These elephants we have for offensive linemen aren't opening up any holes

2. Lynch is no thurman thomas or anything close to it., 3.5 per carry is pathetic.

Draft some mobile offensive linemen who can get out in front of lynch and do some run blocking, he needs all the help he can get.

These "elephants" and "that guy who's not Thurman" are 5-1, so tell me what their doing wrong. You seem to be an expert on all things that are Bills, so enlighten us as to why we are 5-1 if there is so much wrong with this team. I feel for your kids if your this hard on the team you claim to be a fan of.

These "elephants" and "that guy who's not Thurman" are 5-1, so tell me what their doing wrong. You seem to be an expert on all things that are Bills, so enlighten us as to why we are 5-1 if there is so much wrong with this team. I feel for your kids if your this hard on the team you claim to be a fan of.

This team for the most part is mediocre on offense, it lives and dies on 3 or 4 key players.

The pass blocking is ok.

The run blocking needs a lot of work.

Lynch is ordinary, they need to give the ball to fred jackson more than they do.

You realize you are arguing with a moron, right?

You realize you are arguing with a moron, right?

Lol nice try pea brain.

That is funny coming from the #1 JP worshipper.

You are probably the top beneficiary of that loss of the archive.

It digging up those posts would expose you as one of the biggest fools that ever posted on any sports forum.

Lol nice try pea brain.

That is funny coming from the #1 JP worshipper.

You are probably the top beneficiary of that loss of the archive.

It digging up those posts would expose you as one of the biggest fools that ever posted on any sports forum.

I believe I have been, and remain, very realistic about JP. I neither worshiped him, nor bashed him. He is a football player, and to do either is foolish, IMO. But, I am not arrogant or ignorant enough to believe that I KNOW what a person's future will be.

Now, go away and get back to your senseless babbling.

There are three different scenarios I can envision here:

1. The Bills decide to let Greer walk this year, and McGee the next. The long-term plan would be for McKelvin to man one starting CB spot, the first round pick the other CB spot, with Youboty at nickle.

2. Free Safety. The Bills appear unsatisfied with Ko Simpson, so using a first round pick on a free safety should be considered a strong possibility.

3. Strong safety. The plan here would be to move Whitner to free safety and to use another first round pick on a strong safety.

If they get a free agent DE or 2.....then I can see DB.