Nolan May Be Fired As 49ers HC.

Steely Dan

The big surprise was Nolan lasted this long. :wallbash:

The 49'er fans and radio broadcasters have been calling for Nolan's firing for the last few weeks. They must be thrilled now.

Apparently the Niners want to lock up Mike Singletary to a long term contract instead of this being an interim coach situation. Which would be a smart move.

Although the best thing the Niners did was not give the head coaching job to Mike Martz.

The 49'er fans and radio broadcasters have been calling for Nolan's firing for the last few weeks. They must be thrilled now.

Apparently the Niners want to lock up Mike Singletary to a long term contract instead of this being an interim coach situation. Which would be a smart move.

Although the best thing the Niners did was not give the head coaching job to Mike Martz.

I wonder how Martz is taking that?

Can anyone remember the last time this happened. Most teams wait til the end of the year. I guess I don't get it. I would think it would hurt their abilities to hire a new HC in the offseason.

I can't remember any time when a team said they were going to fire their coach "next week" because only then it would be convenient for them. Either do it or don't; don't fug around.

It couldn't have happened to a more pompous moron.

The wearing a suit on the sideline thing gave an insight to the mindset of this clown.

And don't give me any of this crap about Tom Landry or Vince Lombardy, that was a different era altogether where

suits were more basic and wearing a suit wasn't formal.

Nolan was trying to make a big deal out of himself.

A self-impressed ahole, wearing $2000 suits on the sidelines where coaches stand next to 340 pound malodorous offensive linemen reeking of perspiration.