To revisit the whole Gonzalez saga

Your a hall of fame tight end, playing for a crappy team, and you only have a couple of years left in the tank. Would you want to be traded to a team that has been a laughing stock for the past decade, but were recently able to put together a 4-1 record? I love the Bills, but it is hard to fault Gonzo.

So he'd rather play for a known crappy team than a team that MIGHT be able to put something together and give him the opportunity to win his first ever playoff game...?

I generally don't get too carried away with "reports" and the like. Unless I hear a sound bite or there's an exact quote from the player, I don't pay it much mind.

Besides, he'll be feeling like raw arse when we beat the holy hell out of him and the Chiefs he doesn't want to play for en route to the postseason.

Gonzo is ghay! :lol:

No, seriously...I don't understand his logic...ok, so we're NOT a big media market, but we have the most die-hard passionate fans in the league. Coming from KC, another great fan base, he should appreciate that. We have a great up and coming team with a pretty good coaching staff that guys like to play for. Um...so what's his real beef with us? Fess up Tony!

May be TG just doesn't think the Bills are yet in the same league as Indy and New England.....Remember before the trade deadline, the Bills hadn't beaten any of these "good" teams and had lost miserably in Arizona....TG wants to go to the SB and in his mind he feels the teams closer to that dream are GB and Giants....I can't fault him for his opinion even if it is incorrect.

My point is that we have zero idea why TG didn't want to play in Buffalo. Until he gives a reason (which he probably won't), all we can do is postulate and guess. Maybe he actually is a dick who only wants to play in a city that gets first billing on SportsCenter. But maybe it's something perfectly reasonable like his wife and kids didn't want to live here (a very good reason, and I have actually read that he's a family man and that his son sits on the sidelines of all his probowls).

Fact is, nobody on this board knows TG, and frankly I doubt we will ever get a solid reason for his rejecting the Buffalo trade, so let's not pass judgment without any facts.

Why do so many people on this board talk about Gonzalez as if he's a war criminal, just because he didn't want to play in buffalo? Maybe he doesn't like the city. Maybe he doesn't want to play in the cold.

Which, of course, explains why he was okay with going to Green Bay.

My point is that we have zero idea why TG didn't want to play in Buffalo. Until he gives a reason (which he probably won't), all we can do is postulate and guess. Maybe he actually is a dick who only wants to play in a city that gets first billing on SportsCenter. But maybe it's something perfectly reasonable like his wife and kids didn't want to live here (a very good reason, and I have actually read that he's a family man and that his son sits on the sidelines of all his probowls).

Fact is, nobody on this board knows TG, and frankly I doubt we will ever get a solid reason for his rejecting the Buffalo trade, so let's not pass judgment without any facts.

Who cares what his reason(s) is(are)? Unless he's highly allergic to Buffalo, there IS no good excuse.

Why do so many people on this board talk about Gonzalez as if he's a war criminal, just because he didn't want to play in buffalo? Maybe he doesn't like the city. Maybe he doesn't want to play in the cold. His contract has terms for him to block a trade and exercised that privilege. You can't expect 100% of the NFL to love Buffalo and want to play here.

TG is a first ballot HOFamer, he's given a lot to the NFL, and if he doesn't want to play in a particular city I'm not going to fault him for that.

No it doesn't.

a guy with a screen name that ends in anything "against the machine" writes about an nfl player who gives his kid butterfly kisses on the sidelines at pro-bowls? what machine are you saging against? the company that produces the wiggles videos? disney? good lord man, get some steel in your spine.

here's the problem---all this coddling with the little one-leggged boy sitting on the sidelines and being loved by his daddy works great in the movies, but the kid sounds soft to me. what tg coulda---no, shoulda done is taken the opportunity to move to WNY, sent his kid to school on the east side, and taught him about survival. don't be surprised if in the near future, you see the kid playing the lead in some kansas city prep school production of "the crying game".

i'm here to say it---tony gonzalez is a failure as a man and a father. he may not even be hispanic.

judgement passed. who's next?

a guy with a screen name that ends in anything "against the machine" writes about an nfl player who gives his kid butterfly kisses on the sidelines at pro-bowls? what machine are you saging against? the company that produces the wiggles videos? disney? good lord man, get some steel in your spine.

here's the problem---all this coddling with the little one-leggged boy sitting on the sidelines and being loved by his daddy works great in the movies, but the kid sounds soft to me. what tg coulda---no, shoulda done is taken the opportunity to move to WNY, sent his kid to school on the east side, and taught him about survival. don't be surprised if in the near future, you see the kid playing the lead in some kansas city prep school production of "the crying game".

i'm here to say it---tony gonzalez is a failure as a man and a father. he may not even be hispanic.

judgement passed. who's next?

Yep, that is exactly what I said. Tony Gonzales gives his son butterfly kisses on the sidelines. I'm glad you read through the lines. Jesus Christ, how big of an idiot are you? So I'm a wimp because I mention that he has a son? But I'm not going to take too much offense cuz I'm sure you're just some weak 5'2 100 lb. dude who sits behind his computer screen and acts tough. Or maybe you're a big guy with an IQ similar to a block of cheese

And the handle is just a pun on my last name, I don't even like the band.

Besides, the whole thing about his family isn't even a theory of mine, it was a completley hypothetical situation that I invented as an example of a reasonable explanation for not wanting to play with the Bills.

Moron.

Yep, that is exactly what I said. Tony Gonzales gives his son butterfly kisses on the sidelines. I'm glad you read through the lines. Jesus Christ, how big of an idiot are you? So I'm a wimp because I mention that he has a son? But I'm not going to take too much offense cuz I'm sure you're just some weak 5'2 100 lb. dude who sits behind his computer screen and acts tough. Or maybe you're a big guy with an IQ similar to a block of cheese

And the handle is just a pun on my last name, I don't even like the band.

Besides, the whole thing about his family isn't even a theory of mine, it was a completley hypothetical situation that I invented as an example of a reasonable explanation for not wanting to play with the Bills.

Moron.

Sage, with all sincerity, i figured i threw enough in there that you would not take this personally. between butterfly kisses, wiggles videos, references to schooling on the east side, sage against the machine, and tg being a non-hispanic, you really thought it was a personal attack? i was simply bored after watching the broncos getting their nuts kicked in by the pats and wanted to have a bit of fun. my bad.

as for tg, like my initial response, it's only personal if you choose to take it as such. my opinion---if he didn't want to play here, he shouldn't play here.

by the way, i'm neither 5'2" nor a big guy with limited intellect. i'm average height and weight (a lot of people are) and my IQ consistently grades out in the high 130's, higher if i know the questions in advance.