Why not Go for 2?

Niagara 66

I don't think it's a good idea (and I think this is pretty much conventional wisdom) to go for 2 until halfway through the 4th quarter at least. A lot of scoring can happen in a very short period of time in this game, so why go for 2 and risk losing a PAT when chances are you're going to be putting up another field goal or TD?

After the Lynch TD put us up 19-14, why did we kick a PAT to make it 20-14 instead of going for 2? That seems like the obvious choice there. Maybe poor communications due to power outage?

Marv never went for 2 unless he absolutely had to at the end. And he was right. If we missed that 2 pt attempt we would have been only up one score after the field goal.It would have been 22-14. Obvious that going for the PAT was the correct decision.

Going for 2 doesn't make sense in MOST cases;especially not with any significant time left in the game.

I don't know if this factors in at all, but with a 6 point lead, you still have a chance of the Chargers failing on a PAT, leaving the game tied. With a 5 point lead, a San Diego TD is an automatic lead.