Can't see Ralph doing this...

Beerball

Tony Romo threw balls to Jerry Jones as a means to convince him that he can play on Sunday.

Romo linko

Yeah, he threw me several balls, knocking them in there very good, Jones said.

Side question...did Bret Favre do a disservice to Romo & the Cowboys by 'encouraging' Romo to play with pain?

Side question...did Bret Favre do a disservice to Romo & the Cowboys by 'encouraging' Romo to play with pain?

Good question. Certainly, he's a 'girl' for considering not playing with a wrapped pinky.. (no offense intended, ladies). As for disservice, I figured the 'Boys 'turnovers against' would go way down in his absence, thus helping them try to win. They've got the Rams this week so they may be able to win with Jerry Jones @ QB. He'd tell you that anyway.. B-)

Good question. Certainly, he's a 'girl' for considering not playing with a wrapped pinky.. (no offense intended, ladies). As for disservice, I figured the 'Boys 'turnovers against' would go way down in his absence, thus helping them try to win. They've got the Rams this week so they may be able to win with Jerry Jones @ QB. He'd tell you that anyway.. B-)

The first thing i said when i heard he broke his pinky i was like id play with that and i played QB in HS. If you can throw it pretty accuratly, take a pain killer and get out there

Tony Romo threw balls to Jerry Jones as a means to convince him that he can play on Sunday.

Romo linko

Hmmm...

I have another side question...Who cares? ;)

The Bolts are coming to Buffalo Sunday and we have a chance to show The NFL we're officially back...That's all I care about right now...The coverage of The Cowboys is SO overdone on EVERY Network I wonder when exactly they will report on Romo's ability to hold his member during urination with a broken digit...

Just saying... B-)

Hmmm...

I have another side question...Who cares? :wallbash:

The Bolts are coming to Buffalo Sunday and we have a chance to show The NFL we're officially back...That's all I care about right now...The coverage of The Cowboys is SO overdone on EVERY Network I wonder when exactly they will report on Romo's ability to hold his member during urination with a broken digit...

Just saying... ;)

B-)

The Bolts are coming to Buffalo Sunday and we have a chance to show The NFL we're officially back...

If you're worried about convincing the doubters, this game won't do it.

1. Bolts have (some) injury woes. Bills are coming off a bye.

2. Bolts are making the cross-country trip for a 1:00 game.

3. Botls, if they lose, will be only 3-4, and doubted themselves.

Not saying that I believe, but that's what the doubters would say.

If you're worried about convincing the doubters, this game won't do it.

1. Bolts have (some) injury woes. Bills are coming off a bye.

2. Bolts are making the cross-country trip for a 1:00 game.

3. Botls, if they lose, will be only 3-4, and doubted themselves.

Not saying that I believe, but that's what the doubters would say.

Agreed. I don't think we have one single game this year that will make the public or the media consider the Bills an elite team. Let's say we beat the Chargers. It's east coast versus west coast and we had the advantage being at home. Let's say we beat the Broncos. Their defense sucks. The Patriots? They don't have Brady. We might get some attention for beating the Jests because ESPN thinks Brett Favre is Christ Risen but that's about it. Unfortunately we'll have to win in the playoffs for anybody to buy us as legit contenders.

The first thing i said when i heard he broke his pinky i was like id play with that and i played QB in HS. If you can throw it pretty accuratly, take a pain killer and get out there

Good comparison. Qb ing a JV team that runs the ball 90% of the time and an NFL QB who's livelihood depends on his hand, literally. Try throwing a football without using your pinkie. Now try taking a snap from center and having to drop back while LB's and CB's come after you knowing you are severely injured.

Romo fumbles way too much as it is and Arizona showed a glaring chink in that OL's armor. This will be one of the worst decisions to play. Any one remember when Favre played when he shouldn't have, just to preserve the streak. He was terrible. I believe he turned it over 4 times when he played with the broken thumb.

I'm having a fun time imagining the conversation between Favre and Romo

Romo: My pinky hurts, I have to be out for a month

Favre: Just play, you kitty and stop being such a little prick

Romo: Let me ask Jessica if it's ok

I think Romo should play if he wants to prove he's the leader of the team and not just a celebrity who happens to play football (something he seems to be turning into). Imagine the multitude of aches, pains, strains, and sprains Favre has endured during his 258 game streak of consecutive starts. The QB is the general and if he isn't incapacitated to the point that he can't help the team, then he ought to be out there.

Romo linko

Favre is a warrior and I'm sure his advice was sincere; but there is so much more to playing the position than just being able to throw the ball. Taking snaps under center, catching the ball in a shotgun formation, handing off to a running back, etc. Plus, in a game, unlike in practice, there are defensive guys who will target that hand. They would like to have Romo now, but they absolutely need him in the playoffs. It's not worth the risk to play him before his hand has healed.

Good comparison. Qb ing a JV team that runs the ball 90% of the time and an NFL QB who's livelihood depends on his hand, literally. Try throwing a football without using your pinkie. Now try taking a snap from center and having to drop back while LB's and CB's come after you knowing you are severely injured.

Romo fumbles way too much as it is and Arizona showed a glaring chink in that OL's armor. This will be one of the worst decisions to play. Any one remember when Favre played when he shouldn't have, just to preserve the streak. He was terrible. I believe he turned it over 4 times when he played with the broken thumb.

Im not trying to belittile his injury or say that im tougher All i meant was that this is an injury he should be able to play with if he can throw and take a snap and frankly i was shocked when i heard a month

I hope Romo plays and the Cowboys lose. I will not say i hope that Romo takes a shot to his bad pinkie...again I will NOT say that.

If the Cowboys are any good, they should be able to beat the Rams with their very capable, 400-year old, #2 QB. It would be stupid for the Cowboys to even consider playing Romo.

Im not trying to belittile his injury or say that im tougher All i meant was that this is an injury he should be able to play with if he can throw and take a snap and frankly i was shocked when i heard a month

Dude, its a broken finger on his THROWING hand, you played QB right, whats the last finger to leave the ball?

There is no way he should play. Start Johnson and run the ball down St. Louis throat. Johnson will get 1st downs when needed, he's no Losman.

I hope Romo plays and the Cowboys lose. I will not say i hope that Romo takes a shot to his bad pinkie...again I will NOT say that.

If the Cowboys are any good, they should be able to beat the Rams with their very capable, 400-year old, #2 QB. It would be stupid for the Cowboys to even consider playing Romo.

Jerry Jones is the king of stupid. If he starts his franchise QB who is seriously injured because he tossed him a few balls in practice he should be banned from the side lines.

What I found hilarious is one announcer said the decision is not Romo's or Phillip's but Jerry Jones'. Are you fu--ing kidding me? Who does that remind you of?

In a forward pass, it's the index finger. Pinky is the first off the ball in the follow through.

I think the way Romo throws, it really is the pinky that leaves the ball last. He's kind of a side-winder/slinger of the ball.

Nevertheless, it's a lose-lose for him. If he plays, he risks getting hurt or continued aggravation of the injury, resulting in less production from him. If he doesn't play, he gets called a wuss/girl/whatever because his pinky is injured.

In a forward pass, it's the index finger. Pinky is the first off the ball in the follow through.

I should have stated the way Romo throws it. But yes the index is the last finger to leave the ball. But the pinkie is the stability finger for the ball, thats what I meant to say.