Yahoos Trade deadline possibilities

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-t...o&type=lgns

This could have been a possibility prior to signing Lee. But now we have to pay Peters and down the line Trent will want an extension.

But could you imagine TJ and Lee on opposite sides and Rosco or Reed in the slot. Talk about mis match.

That leaves 7 in the box for Lynch. One can dream!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-t...o&type=lgns

This could have been a possibility prior to signing Lee. But now we have to pay Peters and down the line Trent will want an extension.

But could you imagine TJ and Lee on opposite sides and Rosco or Reed in the slot. Talk about mis match.

That leaves 7 in the box for Lynch. One can dream!

That article does not look well thought out at all. Why are we possible for TJ but not roy Williams? makes no sense

That said i actaully would be all for this trade ive always liked TJ and hed still be a good contributor

That article does not look well thought out at all. Why are we possible for TJ but not roy Williams? makes no sense

That said i actaully would be all for this trade ive always liked TJ and hed still be a good contributor

Have you had a chance to watch Williams lately? He looks un enthused, TJ is gamer. Plays hurt and goes across the middle. Has good size and can run.

10. DE Antwan Odom, Texans

Comment: “They just signed him as a free agent (in the offseason), so I don’t think he’ll be available. But I think they realize he’s overrated. He’s purely a complementary player.”

I thought they already had a complementary pass rusher in Mario Williams.

No wonder they call it Yahoo, huh?

Have you had a chance to watch Williams lately? He looks un enthused, TJ is gamer. Plays hurt and goes across the middle. Has good size and can run.

Havent seen him but ive heard that. All i was saying was why didnt the writer say we were possible destinations for both the big name recievers out there? just seems a little not well thought out IMO

Jason Cole who authored the article has no credibility. I live in S. Florida where this guy is from, hear him on local sports talk radio, and generally snicker at his stories- all conjecture with no facts. He's known for pulling stories out of his a$$. :lol:

If you played for the Lions, would'nt you look un-enthused?

Seriously, I'd be surprised if the Bills could get Williams or TJ. I'd welcome it, but would be surprised.

I thought they already had a complementary pass rusher in Mario Williams.

No wonder they call it Yahoo, huh?

Mario is actually turning into a very good football player. He might not have been worthy of the first pick in the draft, but he is getting better all the time.

Mario is actually turning into a very good football player. He might not have been worthy of the first pick in the draft, but he is getting better all the time.

He's become a very good pass rusher and in my opinion, seeing as how valued pass rushers are, he was worthy of the top pick. That's why the part of that article referring to the Texans sounds so stupid. If they already have a bona fide stud rusher in Super Mario, all they need opposite him is a complementary pass rusher. A Mike Rucker to his Julius Peppers, if you will.

He's become a very good pass rusher and in my opinion, seeing as how valued pass rushers are, he was worthy of the top pick. That's why the part of that article referring to the Texans sounds so stupid. If they already have a bona fide stud rusher in Super Mario, all they need opposite him is a complementary pass rusher. A Mike Rucker to his Julius Peppers, if you will.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original post. I agree, Mario Williams is a very good DE. It just seems, nowadays, if a player isn't at the top of his game coming out of the draft, he gets labled a "bust". Somebody started a thread a few days, saying, amongst other silly things, that Leodis McKelvin was already a bust, because he lacked instincts for the corner position. I thought you were saying MW was no more than a complimentary player.....

Mario Williams is a good DE, not a great or even very good one. Look at that draft's first round a couple of years later now and it is extremely unimpressive. Even the top 10 has a bunch of guys that are very solid players but don't ever figure to be stars (Ferguson, Sims, Whitner, Huff, Hawk) and a couple of possible busts (Young, Leinart, Davis). Williams and Bush are nice players, but not special ones.

Anyhow, the problem with Williams is still that he hasn't learned how to play football...everything he does is based on athletic ability (playing a 3-4 doesn't help him), his technique still blows.

No thanks to Houshmandzadeh- he'd be an instant upgrade for the Bills, obviously, but in my opinion WR isn't their problem area anymore.

Mario Williams is a good DE, not a great or even very good one.

He played through a sprained foot plus an infected toenail in his rookie year and still managed to get nearly 5 sacks, then came back healthy his second year to get 14 sacks, and is now on pace to get 16 in his third year (4 in 4 games). The guy didn't miss a start in this era of guys missing 4-6 weeks w/ a stubbed toe. If that's not very good, I'd like to see what is.

Look at that draft's first round a couple of years later now and it is extremely unimpressive. Even the top 10 has a bunch of guys that are very solid players but don't ever figure to be stars (Ferguson, Sims, Whitner, Huff, Hawk) and a couple of possible busts (Young, Leinart, Davis). Williams and Bush are nice players, but not special ones.

Two years is far too early to throw in the towel on these guys. Ask the Giants fans, who booed Eli Manning mrecilessly last season. All he did was lead them on an incredible run and play near flawless football in the process. If they had given up on him after two years, none of that, including the MVP performance he had in last year's Super Bowl, would've happened.

Anyhow, the problem with Williams is still that he hasn't learned how to play football...everything he does is based on athletic ability (playing a 3-4 doesn't help him), his technique still blows.

I dunno. I watched their game vs the Colts, and his technique looked okay to me. He doesn't know everything and doesn't play perfectly, but for where he is @ this point in his career, he's been impressive. Oh, and the Texans don't employ the 3-4 anymore. That was scrapped once Kubiak became the head coach.

No thanks to Houshmandzadeh- he'd be an instant upgrade for the Bills, obviously, but in my opinion WR isn't their problem area anymore.

Hey, we agree. If we're going to make a big splash in terms of a trade (don't bet on it, folks), I'd hope it would be a TE or a pass rusher.

IMO it makes no sense to trade for a WR. Reed and Parrish (when healthy) have both been productive. The only thing Hardy needs to get better is to gradually get more playing time. The only WR problem the Bills have is figuring out ways to utilize all their other players once Hardy becomes the starter. Maybe on 3rd downs, they could put Evans/Hardy wide, Roscoe in the slot, and Reed and one of the RBs in the backfield, instead of putting a TE there. That could create some interesting matchup problems.

IMO it makes no sense to trade for a WR. Reed and Parrish (when healthy) have both been productive. The only thing Hardy needs to get better is to gradually get more playing time. The only WR problem the Bills have is figuring out ways to utilize all their other players once Hardy becomes the starter. Maybe on 3rd downs, they could put Evans/Hardy wide, Roscoe in the slot, and Reed and one of the RBs in the backfield, instead of putting a TE there. That could create some interesting matchup problems.

Hey I like that idea. I'd love to see Turk cook up some interested formations like that. Hell, I think it would be cool to try some variant of the A-11 offense on a play or two, but not just as a gimmick (then it's too predictable) - that's the one where you put two QBs on the field at the same time.

Havent seen him but ive heard that. All i was saying was why didnt the writer say we were possible destinations for both the big name recievers out there? just seems a little not well thought out IMO

Could be because Williams has character issues, which usually (knock on wood) the Bills tend to stay away from.

This seems about right. I have no idea why we would be in the mix - it makes absolutely zero sense to add another WR. What are we going to do, keep adding WRs until the o-line begins to play better? We have an excellent group of WRs. Evans is Evans. Reed has really proved valuable this year, coming through at the right times. From what I hear, Roscoe will be coming back soon. Then, we have Hardy who is slowly learning the ropes. Even our non-WRs are good WRs; Fred Jackson. So, let's stop this nonsense right now. We will not be sacrificing anyone or even a bag of jock straps for another WR. If we add anyone to the offense, it could be a TE or o-lineman.