Yahoos Trade deadline possibilities

Jason Cole who authored the article has no credibility. I live in S. Florida where this guy is from, hear him on local sports talk radio, and generally snicker at his stories- all conjecture with no facts. He's known for pulling stories out of his a$$. :devil:

And oh by the way Antwan Odom is a Bengal, no longer a Texan...

He never was a Texan. His first 4 years in the league was with TEN.

And I have a hard time believing this Yahoo flack talked with four NFL executives - the NFL generally being tighter-lipped than the former KGB. Perhaps they were executives in charge of the washrooms...

Unless you're talking Super Bowl run this year I don't think WR is a need position for the Bills. I'd love to see Houschmandzadeh in a Bills uniform, but I don't see it happening. I'm more interested in DeWayne White at this point.

From my point of view, this is where T.J. would be very welcome. Not just this years' shot at playoffs but for the next few years. Brady will be back next season and we should expect him to pick right up where he left off (50TD's). Evans, T.J. Whosyermama and Roscoe/Hardy would be a very favorable counterpuch to Moss/Welker/?. Farve can't be expected to go another 3+ years so we would be in great shape for quick strikes for years to come.

Git er done, Brandon!

From my point of view, this is where T.J. would be very welcome. Not just this years' shot at playoffs but for the next few years. Brady will be back next season and we should expect him to pick right up where he left off (50TD's). Evans, T.J. Whosyermama and Roscoe/Hardy would be a very favorable counterpuch to Moss/Welker/?. Farve can't be expected to go another 3+ years so we would be in great shape for quick strikes for years to come.

Git er done, Brandon!

I definitely agree with you and like I said I'd like to see him as a Bill. However, that's a LOT of money to tie up in the receiver position.

The only ones lacking confidence in Royal are the Fans, the coaches and teammates seem to like him. He is one of Edwards favorite targets apparently

That may be but he is not a play maker. He is great at the LOS but seperating and out running a LB after the catch is hurting us. Granted he is no Winslow, Gates or Witten. If we want a TE we will have to draft one.

Give this kid Fine a chance, he was great last year for Kansas, plus he has some wheels.

That may be but he is not a play maker. He is great at the LOS but seperating and out running a LB after the catch is hurting us. Granted he is no Winslow, Gates or Witten. If we want a TE we will have to draft one.

Give this kid Fine a chance, he was great last year for Kansas, plus he has some wheels.

Is he not still out with the injury to his thumb?

The only ones lacking confidence in Royal are the Fans, the coaches and teammates seem to like him. He is one of Edwards favorite targets apparently

There are many good things to say about Royal. He is big, blocks well, and even gets open, but his hands are suspect and he seems prone to mistakes.

There are many good things to say about Royal. He is big, blocks well, and even get open, but his hands are suspect and he seems prone to mistakes.

I don't see many Bills games, but with what I've seen, I agree with your comments, Bill.

There are clubs that put a premium on a tight ends' pass skills - there are those that do not.

I remember the drumbeat here by some, for Vernon Davis. The acrimonious noise about moving up to draft him, the vilification flung towards the front office with his performance to date, would have been deafening.

He never was a Texan. His first 4 years in the league was with TEN.

And I have a hard time believing this Yahoo flack talked with four NFL executives - the NFL generally being tighter-lipped than the former KGB. Perhaps they were executives in charge of the washrooms...

I'm assuming he knows Odom is a Bengal, but channeled Antwan Peek (now on I.R. in Cleveland, after spending his first four years in Houston) and mistyped Texans instead. It happens. Couple of years ago, I was writing about the team Josh Bidwell punted for at the time, but gave that team Josh Miller instead. And I don't have a problem believing Cole has a decent Rolodex. He's been in the business for a long time.

That said, yeah, this was a throw-stuff-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks piece.