Why, oh why, oh why...

If all you are going to do with your early pick, high priced Db's, is line them up 10 yards off of the line of scrimmage and play no pressure defense. Why not pick a guy that can actually impact the game. I would think that any 5th-7th rounder can backpedal 15 yards in Jauron's defense. :ph34r:

If all you are going to do with your early pick, high priced Db's, is line them up 10 yards off of the line of scrimmage and play no pressure defense. Why not pick a guy that can actually impact the game. I would think that any 5th-7th rounder can backpedal 15 yards in Jauron's defense. :ph34r:

While Ngata would have been a good pick, would you like to go draft by draft, round by round, and get frustrated by the guys (knowing what we know now) that we didn't pick? Do you think ANY team could withstand that kind of insanity?

Truth is, this team has Stroud and Whitner. I'm not sure the Bills would have been able to replace Whitner as easily as they did Ngata. Plus, as you may remember, there were questions about Ngata being the right kind of DT for this D. It is possible the team would have drafted Bunkley instead of Whitner.

While Ngata would have been a good pick, would you like to go draft by draft, round by round, and get frustrated by the guys (knowing what we know now) that we didn't pick? Do you think ANY team could withstand that kind of insanity?

Truth is, this team has Stroud and Whitner. I'm not sure the Bills would have been able to replace Whitner as easily as they did Ngata. Plus, as you may remember, there were questions about Ngata being the right kind of DT for this D. It is possible the team would have drafted Bunkley instead of Whitner.

I do remember the talk about Ngata not being the right fit. I also remember that I really wanted Bunkley on draft day. I thought the guy was a beast. I don't think that Philly shares that opinion. Anyway, this thread was kind of a joke to keep the why oh why thing going. :ph34r:

Last I checked, the game was won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

Yes it is. And we have a fortune invested in very average linemen. So we may not get a chance to compete for a championship in the next 5 years.--Unless we make some radical moves soon.

When you build from the inside out----like TD never did and which Levy and Modrak haven't done--then you can fill in the skill positions much more easily and quickly than vice versa. --So we just may be stuck. And I think many of us saw this for the last several years. And the team has done little about it.

On the positive side we have a very good team off the line of scrimmage. Practically no big holes...except when our TE lines up outside.

Other than Stroud and Peters(Im hoping he can a least get GOOD again) we pretty much have the worst group of linemen in football.

Yes it is. And we have a fortune invested in very average linemen. S

Stroud is much better than average. In case you didn't know, he was nowhere near 100% on Sunday. He missed some days of practice, if you recall.

Stroud is much better than average. In case you didn't know, he was nowhere near 100% on Sunday. He missed some days of practice, if you recall.

I made an exception for stroud and peters...see above....I like stroud---our interior run D is much improved.

Most analysts stated that the Bills weren't interested because he did not "fit" the cover 2 defence which wants lighter faster DTs. Whitner was OK, but Macrago sucks... for now. Most of us thought yuboty was a bad pick? Lets wait and see.

Yeah. But too many DTs bust. Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm happy as hell with Whitner. But yeah, Ngata is a friggin beast.

And, to think, Ngata got off to such a strong start despite playing w/ a bunch of mediocre pros like Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Trevor Pryce, Kelly Gregg, and Terrell Suggs playing alongside him. Just think of how well he'd be playing lined up next to studs like Larry Tripplett, Kyle Williams, Keith Ellison, John DiGiorgio, and Ko Simpson. Wow.

Yeah. But too many DTs bust. Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm happy as hell with Whitner. But yeah, Ngata is a friggin beast.

Agreed. Just as many people wanted Bunkley out of Florida State. Last I checked he wasn't exactly lighting up the league there in Philadelphia. Has he seen the field this year?

I made an exception for stroud and peters...see above....I like stroud---our interior run D is much improved.

Don't know how I missed that. "It was late"...that's my excuse. :doh:

I would also suggest that Walker and Dockery are above average, or at least have the talent to be well above average.

And, to think, Ngata got off to such a strong start despite playing w/ a bunch of mediocre pros like Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Trevor Pryce, Kelly Gregg, and Terrell Suggs playing alongside him. Just think of how well he'd be playing lined up next to studs like Larry Tripplett, Kyle Williams, Keith Ellison, John DiGiorgio, and Ko Simpson. Wow.

I'm guessing that living in the hell hole, you see him more than most here. Why is he playing end, and Bannan is inside?

Yes it is. And we have a fortune invested in very average linemen. So we may not get a chance to compete for a championship in the next 5 years.--Unless we make some radical moves soon.

When you build from the inside out----like TD never did and which Levy and Modrak haven't done--then you can fill in the skill positions much more easily and quickly than vice versa. --So we just may be stuck. And I think many of us saw this for the last several years. And the team has done little about it.

On the positive side we have a very good team off the line of scrimmage. Practically no big holes...except when our TE lines up outside.

Other than Stroud and Peters(Im hoping he can a least get GOOD again) we pretty much have the worst group of linemen in football.

SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If all you are going to do with your early pick, high priced Db's, is line them up 10 yards off of the line of scrimmage and play no pressure defense. Why not pick a guy that can actually impact the game. I would think that any 5th-7th rounder can backpedal 15 yards in Jauron's defense. :doh:

I really wanted them to go with the Ngata pick, I believe they say that statistically there are less draft busts of interior D-Linemen than other positions and I felt he would fill the hole left by Pat William's departure.

I agree with the process of building a team from the inside out, and I acutually think that Marv and Jauron are trying to do that. They have revamped our Offensive line (it has yet to show this year), and they brought in Stroud and a few other interior D-Line free agents.

We will see where this goes with the group we have.

I'm guessing that living in the hell hole, you see him more than most here. Why is he playing end, and Bannan is inside?

If you look at the ravens roster, GG, they only employ 1 traditional "DE" on the entire roster. The rest of the DL consists of 4 DTs and an NT. They play their DTs as traditional ends in their 3-4 scheme.

Another fun fact: the ravens, one of "those teams that rotates 7-8 DTs, thus proving that 1st round DTs are the only way to success" only carries 6 total DL (5 DTs) on their roster.