The official McCain/Obama debate thread II

Well wouldn't that have been great for me, if only I lived in Roch.

Well, everyone can't be that lucky. :lol:

Just sayin' that although the feeds weren't flagged as being [HD] they were. I'd be surprised that the local stations in a bigger market than Ra-cha-cha such as Seattle decided to only show the feed in standard def. It might be worth checking for the final debate so you don't have to be annoyed by the CNN meters.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, everyone can't be that lucky. :lol:

Just sayin' that although the feeds weren't flagged as being [HD] they were. I'd be surprised that the local stations in a bigger market than Ra-cha-cha such as Seattle decided to only show the feed in standard def. It might be worth checking for the final debate so you don't have to be annoyed by the CNN meters.

My husband Tivo'd the first one on PBS, non-HD, and it sucked. Next time we'll do MSNBC or one of the networks if we can't watch it live.

yeah, these guys hit the nail on the head with the candidates evasiveness in answering the damn questions!

It is hard to imagine a more relevant question for the moment than the evening’s first, when an audience member asked for “the fastest, most positive solution” to help older people, whose economic standing is most imperiled by the crash in home values and markets.

To this specific question, Obama offered a generic answer about the perils of excessive deregulation, the need for health care and the scandal of junketeering executives at American International Group, one of the companies bailed out by the government.

Last night was a terrible format, with terrible moderating, mostly terrible questions that were given predictably terrible answers when they weren't terribly and completely ignored. Obama won simply because he could walk and speak. McCain was hard pressed to do either.

My opinion of why Obama was so boring and evasive was because he simply is doing what he needs to win. He doesn't need to go out there and start talking all kinds of policy. It can hurt him much more than it can help him. It's legitimate to say that he is not taking responsibility or being a leader when the country needs a leader, but he's not the leader of the country. Yet. He's trying to win. That's it.

Last night was a terrible format, with terrible moderating, mostly terrible questions that were given predictably terrible answers when they weren't terribly and completely ignored. Obama won simply because he could walk and speak. McCain was hard pressed to do either.

My opinion of why Obama was so boring and evasive was because he simply is doing what he needs to win. He doesn't need to go out there and start talking all kinds of policy. It can hurt him much more than it can help him. It's legitimate to say that he is not taking responsibility or being a leader when the country needs a leader, but he's not the leader of the country. Yet. He's trying to win. That's it.

Obama is a dull professor.

McCain is an old man recently released from an asylum.

McCain is going to lose for reasons other than this but don't underestimate how badly he comes across on TV. He looks like he's ready to lose control at any second.

yeah, these guys hit the nail on the head with the candidates evasiveness in answering the damn questions!

That said, these two answered each and every question to the letter compared to what Sarah Palin did. It was if she was playing football, and just decided all by herself to bring a bat and a baseball and start playing a completely different sport, then vehemently complained that she wasn't allowed to.

It's called "staying on message". One deviation from anything that was said previously and we'd have to hear the opponent screaming FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP.

That said, these two answered each and every question to the letter compared to what Sarah Palin did. It was if she was playing football, and just decided all by herself to bring a bat and a baseball and start playing a completely different sport, then vehemently complained that she wasn't allowed to.

no argument there, that's the zen-like epitome of what don't you know and when will you know it. I just expected them to at least act like they heard what the poor sucker was asking.