The official McCain/Obama debate thread II

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but the fee should be limited. How you cover the difference either with insurance or regulated tiered fee, I don't know, but I believe that everyone should have access.

I'd agree that everyone should have access to primary care. The questions become "what is defined as primary care", "who are primary care givers", "how do you entice primary care givers to be primary care givers", and "what level of emergency and chronic care should additionally be covered and who those care givers are and how do you stock that system", and "who pays for it and how."

There definitely are issues w/ the current system. I don't see how the government stepping in and providing rationed "universal health care" doesn't create more problems than it solves. I'd actually expect that our government running the program to actually increase the inequities in the system.

I am the employer...family plan is about $450....single is $176....or close to that.....

45 million uninsured or so. Many of the people you are talking about are at least partially insured due to other programs, mainly children. So lets go with a conservative cost, say 300 per family and 5 to a family? I doubt the government can run it so cost effectively after the bribes, kickbacks, cronyism and such are settled, but what the hell.

9 million families multiplied by $300 and multiplied again by 12 months is $32,400,000,000. That is 32 billion a year, because the government will have to foot the bill. That is bare bones and very conservative. We are barely getting by as is. You want to chunk an extra 30+ billion on the budget?

I'd agree that everyone should have access to primary care. The questions become "what is defined as primary care", "who are primary care givers", "how do you entice primary care givers to be primary care givers", and "what level of emergency and chronic care should additionally be covered and who those care givers are and how do you stock that system", and "who pays for it and how."

There definitely are issues w/ the current system. I don't see how the government stepping in and providing rationed "universal health care" doesn't create more problems than it solves. I'd actually expect that our government running the program to actually increase the inequities in the system.

True, and your last paragraph is exactly why I have issues with Universal health care. I'm in favor of it, but I don't know if I'm for it, if that makes sense.

I think the base construct is a good idea, but I sure as hell don't think our politicans are going to implement it correctly. Yet, our politicans are the only ones that *could* implement it. Could the system they contruct be better than the current system?

Aargh, I don't know the answer.

True, and your last paragraph is exactly why I have issues with Universal health care. I'm in favor of it, but I don't know if I'm for it, if that makes sense.

I think the base construct is a good idea, but I sure as hell don't think our politicans are going to implement it correctly. Yet, our politicans are the only ones that *could* implement it. Could the system they contruct be better than the current system?

Aargh, I don't know the answer.

Actually, that makes perfect sense. Unfortunately. :ph34r:

One thing that actually got me angry was that neither of the two was making any attempt at answering the questions. I think the only time they did was the "is Healthcare a right, responsibility, etc.?" and the last question, about "What don't you know and how will you learn it?", McCain did a pretty good job at that.

It's one thing to ignore a moderator and go off on a tangent, but ignoring a citizen who asks you a direct question to your face was totally amazing. Obama was just as bad as McCain in this respect. What a shame! :ph34r::worthy:

Thanks for the info. That's exactly how I took it - seemed like a way for McCain to incorporate what Biden said without making it seem quite as loony. I bet that got some play in focus groups, so McCain wanted to implement it.

Carly Fiorina said McCain was talking about this "way back in April" and nobody caught it.

Most of the pundits expected this to cost $300-350B MORE than the bailout, but the legal options had already been given to the Treasury to actually implement it if they chose to. It's going to be interesting if the conservatives laud this or hate it, since it gives McCain a real differentiator, but also smacks of high cost government programs and all that ugly bailout stuff.

Carly Fiorina said McCain was talking about this "way back in April" and nobody caught it.

Most of the pundits expected this to cost $300-350B MORE than the bailout, but the legal options had already been given to the Treasury to actually implement it if they chose to. It's going to be interesting if the conservatives laud this or hate it, since it gives McCain a real differentiator, but also smacks of high cost government programs and all that ugly bailout stuff.

Yep. I've heard multiple representatives talking about the true bailout being 1 trillion+, but they didn't specify what. I wonder if this is part of it.

U used to work @ all american burger!

I worked at a BBQ restaurant. I bartended for ages. I live in the South. Ask yourself why I used to support smug, self important liberals and stopped a few years ago? Ask yourself why the Dems lost again and again when they spewed hatred towards the south. It must be Bushes fault...

I worked at a BBQ restaurant. I bartended for ages. I live in the South. Ask yourself why I used to support smug, self important liberals and stopped a few years ago? Ask yourself why the Dems lost again and again when they spewed hatred towards the south. It must be Bushes fault...

Why?

IMO because people have their Folkys-Hokey meter out of whack.

Why?

IMO because people have their Folkys-Hokey meter out of whack.

Wrong, elitist liberals that live in the East and West coast as well as Chicago act elitist. Do you remember "!@#$ the South"? It was an e-mail that spread throughout the country. Let's not even get into their economic philosophies. They alienated a huge chunk of the electorate. Why? Because we were dumb ass red necks. Well that's what they said. Most moronic electorate move ever. Lets alienate 1/4 of the country.

Why aren't those states in play? Oh they are ignorant rednecks. It has nothing to do with how we treated those morons.

Wrong, elitist liberals that live in the East and West coast as well as Chicago act elitist. Do you remember "!@#$ the South"? It was an e-mail that spread throughout the country. Let's not even get into their economic philosophies. They alienated a huge chunk of the electorate. Why? Because we were dumb ass red necks. Well that's what they said. Most moronic electorate move ever. Lets alienate 1/4 of the country.

Why aren't those states in play? Oh they are ignorant rednecks. It has nothing to do with how we treated those morons.

Call me elitist... Funny thing is, I am not elitist... It is the truth.

I had southern deckhands come through the lock saying that they won't vote for Gore or Kerry because they will take their guns away...

You see where the last 8 years has taken us.

Should have listened to the "elitists."

The Wal-Mart populus is played like a fiddle... And Palin is surely continuing to prove that.

:ph34r:

Call me elitist... Funny thing is, I am not elitist... It is the truth.

I had southern deckhands come through the lock saying that they won't vote for Gore or Kerry because they will take their guns away...

You see where the last 8 years has taken us.

Should have listened to the "elitists."

The Wal-Mart populus is played like a fiddle... And Palin is surely continuing to prove that.

:ph34r:

And the liberals play right into it. I wasn't calling you a liberal per se...but...