Anyone know how the centers we passed on are doing?

None of em' were worth a damn this past draft. As for the other two years, we missed on Mangold and also should of drafted Jason Brown instead of Puke Preston.

I was pretty high on Brown that year as a prospect @ center, but he's been moved to guard and has become a very good one for the Ravens.

I would rather lift a good veteran center off of another team then draft one.....

but I absolutely believe Fowler needs to be replaced.

We could have had Hartwig, Woody or Jeff Faine....These guys are anchoring pretty good teams

Actually R. Rich, Jason Brown WAS playing G for a couple seasons and was very solid there, and now looks good at center too. I also agree with John from Hemet, I'd prefer to get a proven guy at center. Center is one of those hit or miss positions when it come to moving up to the pros. I'd love to get a center and TE in free agency and then draft front 7 defensive players on the first day with a heavy emphasis on guys with serious speed and pass rushing skills. Like ganesh has already stated though, we may have missed our chance with one of those three guys he mentioned.

it's funny people are talking about brown - i was looking at 2009 FA centers the other day and was surprised to see that he is scheduled for UFA after this season......he would be an exceptional pickup for the bills given his age and ability

not much else at the position that i noticed, beyond matt birk, who is getting up there in age

it's funny people are talking about brown - i was looking at 2009 FA centers the other day and was surprised to see that he is scheduled for UFA after this season......he would be an exceptional pickup for the bills given his age and ability

not much else at the position that i noticed, beyond matt birk, who is getting up there in age

Get er done, Russ!

I would rather lift a good veteran center off of another team then draft one.....

Actually, I hope the team does both. An established quality center would be a great FA pickup, but I would still attempt to draft a prospect at the position, if there is one that is worth drafting, at the given spot.

Actually, I hope the team does both. An established quality center would be a great FA pickup, but I would still attempt to draft a prospect at the position, if there is one that is worth drafting, at the given spot.

I remember being FURIOUS when the Bills passed on Jason Brown for Duke Preston. The fact that Duke is still Duke and Brown has become a quality player in the same role (C/G) makes me mad to this day.

Next year, the C from Cal, Alex Mack, is said to be one of the best center prospects to come along in years. Better, or as good as, Nick Mangold. If we're picking in the back end of the 1st round I wouldn't mind seeing Mack or a seam TE (a la Dustin Keller-- Brandon Pettigrew, Travis Beckum, Chase Coffman) in that spot...

If a team has a good center, they're normally going to keep him locked up long term as opposed to letting him hit free agency. Available free agent centers tend to be second or third tier guys like Trey Teague and Melvin Fowler.

I'd like to see the Bills draft a top-tier center, and keep him locked up for his career. We've found the successor to Jim Kelly. Now we need the successor to Kent Hull.